Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signed Penguins Stanley Cup team photo **UPDATED 8/12/12**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Re: Signed Penguins Stanley Cup team photo **UPDATED 11/05**

can't wait to see it with the additions Tim.

still a little sad I can't make it tonight.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

mstng99tim said:
I'll will be getting Kris Letang & Pascal Dupuis tonight. There's a free signing with those 2 plus Orpik and Phil Bourque, but since I already have Orpik on it, I'm getting a puck signed by him. Pics will be posted once I get home tonight.
Nice! Awesome that it's a free signing.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Pascal Dupuis, Brooks Orpik, and Phil Bourque showed up. Kris Letang was supposed to be there but he was sick. They passed out numbers when you got there, so that you didn't have to wait outside the entire time, so that was nice. Since Letang didn't show up, they allowed the first 50 people that showed up to write their name, number, and email address down and you'll get to be in the same spot in line for when they re-schedule him to sign again, which they said will be February 2nd.

I got Dupuis to sign my 16x20. I now have 6 autos on it.

dupuiscloseup.jpg

pens16x20overall-6autos.jpg

Orpik signed this puck.

orpikscchampspuck.jpg

Phil Bourque signed these 2 cards.

bourquescauto.jpg

bourquepsauto.jpg

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Re: Signed Penguins Stanley Cup team photo **UPDATED 12/14**

Looking pretty damn cool :cool:

So just curious... where exactly was this signing? A dealership or mall or something?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh

another great addition Tim. I saw Letang didn't practice yesterday so I figured he wasn't going to make it to the signing. that's cool they handed out numbers and that they are allowing you to keep the same place in line for when Kris comes back.

Bilko the signing was at a local car dealer.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks guys.

Dave - yeah, it was pretty nice that they did the number system. I went to a Steeler toy drive today and talked to a few people that also went to the signing last night. The one guy said when he got there he was #494!!!! He said there was almost 600 people there and that the players stayed until 10:00 and signed for every person that showed up!!!!! They were only supposed to be there from 6-8.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh

WOW!!! that's awesome that they stayed 2 hours extra to sign for everyone.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm glad the turnout for Pirate signings is much, much smaller.

The piece looks great, and it's good to hear how great the Pens are with the fans. I may have to pick up a few cards to get signed next time one of the free signings comes up.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

subject to change said:
I'm glad the turnout for Pirate signings is much, much smaller.

The piece looks great, and it's good to hear how great the Pens are with the fans. I may have to pick up a few cards to get signed next time one of the free signings comes up.

Yeah, but Piratefest is usually a nice size crowd. I would imagine the turnout will be pretty good this year with Maz signing autos one of the days. I already have him on a 16x20, so I plan on getting him on a ball.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

I'm curious to see how the turnout is this year. During both Steelers Superbowl runs, the crowds seemed to get a decent bump, since I think both weekends were off weeks before the Superbowl (I could be wrong about 06 though). With the more recognizable and popular players gone, I'm interested to see how many people will come if Cutch and Maz are the only big names. I'm also wondering what the deal with Van Slyke is. He was listed on the initial Piratefest press release, and removed a day or two later.

If you want to see what a real Pirates signing looks like, I check out one of the free signings during the season. I went to see Cutch at a PNC Bank towards the end of the season, and there were about 35-40 people there. Occasionally there are perks to liking the losers :D

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Yeah, I usually go to the signings when there is a player I want. If there is a Cutch signing, you can guarantee I'll be there. That would be sweet if Van Slyke showed up to Piratefest, I don't have his auto on anything.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Since Letang was sick and had to cancel the last time, they held another signing tonight. The best part was that the last time, they took down the email address of the first 50 people in line and then they sent us back an email saying that we could get in line for tonights signing at the samespot in line that we were in the last time. So instead of getting there at 3:00 and wait 3 hours like last time, I rolled in at 5:40 and went straight towards the front of the line since I was 5th. :D

The players there tonight were Kris Letang, Ruslan Fedotenko, Pascal Dupuis, Brooks Orpik, and former player Phil Bourque. Enough chit chat, here's what I got signed.

Kris Letang close-up

letangcloseup.jpg

If you've seen the previous pics, you might notice that I took Eric Godard's auto off. I couldn't stand having his auto right smack dab in the middle. I'll get him again (hopefully) and I'll have him sign it up top.

Pens16x20with6autos.jpg

Since I already have Fedotenko, Orpik, & Dupuis on there, I had them sign this.

SCbanner-3autos.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Re: Signed Penguins Stanley Cup team photo **UPDATED 2/04/10**

congrats on adding another signature Tim. how was the crowd?

looking forward to seeing the sigs in person on Tuesday.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

pghbuccos said:
congrats on adding another signature Tim. how was the crowd?

looking forward to seeing the sigs in person on Tuesday.

When we were leaving we heard some lady say "I'm number 483"!!!!!! I'm glad I was 5th!!! :lol:

I'll be getting Staal and Cooke on Tuesday and then Letang on the banner raising pic. I didn't want to risk waiting for Letang on Tuesday just in case he might have to cancel for some reason.

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada

Looks good. I hope Godard doesn't remember the picture when you ask him to sign it the next time. :)

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

thehamiltonian said:
Looks good. I hope Godard doesn't remember the picture when you ask him to sign it the next time. :)

I hope he doesn't, he'll probably want to fight me!!! :lol:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary

mstng99tim said:
thehamiltonian said:

nice addition Tim. What happened with the Godard auto? did u take it off somehow?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

G $MONEY$ said:
mstng99tim said:
thehamiltonian said:

nice addition Tim. What happened with the Godard auto? did u take it off somehow?

Thanks man!!!

Yeah, I took it off with "Goo Gone", that stuff will take an auto off any pic....unless it's been signed with a sharpie and has on the pic for a while, then it will leave behind a faint auto.

Members online

Latest posts