Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So my first value box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
Okay a few questions:
I want baseball, but should I get topps or bowman?
Is $20 a value box reasonable?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
$20 is 2x what you should pay at Walmart, 1.5x what you should pay at Target.

EDIT: Oh, do you mean a blaster box?

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
MacK said:

Sorry, I didn't have much time to look at them, it could be either. And it's Target.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Mr.1989 said:
MacK said:

Sorry, I didn't have much time to look at them, it could be either. And it's Target.
Blaster Boxes - $20 each
51vb5HOKgQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
images
images

Value Box - $15
Megabox.jpg

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
Russ S. said:
[quote="Mr.1989":1dj7wsw7]
MacK said:

Blaster Boxes - $20 each
51vb5HOKgQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
images
images

Value Box - $15
Megabox.jpg
[/quote:1dj7wsw7]
thank you.

I've only ever bought hobby boxes, so as a general question: Which is better (based on pulls)? and which is better (based on money)? Thanks

King_Felix_4_CY

Sep 1, 2009
Gander, Newfoundland Canada
Well seeing how nothing of worth has ever come out of a value box, I'd say go with the Bowman.

Just kidding :mrgreen: The Value boxes have yielded insane pulls, if you can get a value box for 11 bucks, that is your best bet IMO.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
King_Felix_4_CY said:
Well seeing how nothing of worth has ever come out of a value box, I'd say go with the Bowman.

Just kidding :mrgreen: The Value boxes have yielded insane pulls, if you can get a value box for 11 bucks, that is your best bet IMO.
ok! that's why I want to get one (or two) because I've heard of those crazy pulls

drhibler

Feb 16, 2012
I just dont get the value boxes. Ive opened around 18-20 and nothing too great. I think since the hits come out of the hobby pack of chrome, the money is better spent on hobby boxes.

I will say that they do satisfy an itch for pretty cheap

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I have bought 38 value boxes...mine were all from WalMart and each cost $11.98. I pulled a buttload of codes and made decent money back just from them, however with the Update codes now expired and the new 2012 codes that sort of limits the value. The Harpers are also a nice little added value if you can accumulate a small (or in my case large) lot of them. I didn't pull anything of great value. A couple of $2-3 autographs (Mike Leake from Topps & Alex Colome from BC) and 3 game used from Topps. The excitement for me however was the chase, I drove around to several towns nearby in search of them and felt like a kid at Christmas simply when I saw them sitting on the shelves unmolested. I bought 12 at one WalMart and had to employ the use of a shopping cart, and then cleverly deflect questions from the cashier as to why I needed 12 of these :lol:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
You are probably better off busting a regular 2012 Topps blaster at this point. Between the patch card and one or two code cards you can make half your money back right off the top. The blue or red border cards have a bit of value too and you can probably get $2-5 for the small lot of singles you'll make from the blaster. More often then not you'll be dropping about $1.25 a pack on the remaining retail Topps packs. The negative is that there aren't any game used in these, though I think autographs are still possible at very long odds.

The 2011 value boxes have dead codes in them for the most part, so even at $11 plus tax at Wally World you are dropping $3 on a hobby Chrome pack and about $1.75 a pack on the 5 Topps Update retail packs. Not really a good deal at this point.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
James52411 said:
You are probably better off busting a regular 2012 Topps blaster at this point. Between the patch card and one or two code cards you can make half your money back right off the top. The blue or red border cards have a bit of value too and you can probably get $2-5 for the small lot of singles you'll make from the blaster. More often then not you'll be dropping about $1.25 a pack on the remaining retail Topps packs. The negative is that there aren't any game used in these, though I think autographs are still possible at very long odds.

The 2011 value boxes have dead codes in them for the most part, so even at $11 plus tax at Wally World you are dropping $3 on a hobby Chrome pack and about $1.75 a pack on the 5 Topps Update retail packs. Not really a good deal at this point.
yeah, i hate expired codes. codes shouldn't expire

sigma_chi said:
I have bought 38 value boxes...mine were all from WalMart and each cost $11.98. I pulled a buttload of codes and made decent money back just from them, however with the Update codes now expired and the new 2012 codes that sort of limits the value. The Harpers are also a nice little added value if you can accumulate a small (or in my case large) lot of them. I didn't pull anything of great value. A couple of $2-3 autographs (Mike Leake from Topps & Alex Colome from BC) and 3 game used from Topps. The excitement for me however was the chase, I drove around to several towns nearby in search of them and felt like a kid at Christmas simply when I saw them sitting on the shelves unmolested. I bought 12 at one WalMart and had to employ the use of a shopping cart, and then cleverly deflect questions from the cashier as to why I needed 12 of these :lol:
:lol:

swanssy

Apr 1, 2010
Are you looking to get cards to add to your PC or stuff you can flip? If you're looking for a flip I would go with the 2012 blasters, seeing as the codes are expired in the value boxes.(limiting their value) If you're just looking for some cards for yourself, value boxes are great now that many places have slashed them down to about $12.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts