Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So who thought Dodgers could clinch tonight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Man, I love watching this series as a Dodgers fan, even though game 2 was a little crazy.

Everyone in the media had LA losing, if not being swept, by the Cards. Here they sit up 1-0 in the first inning with a 2-0 series lead.

Now honestly, how many people really thought this is how the series would stand at this point???

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
All I want to know is why LaRussa continues to bat the rally killing Yadier Molina ahead of Mark DeRosa.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
joey12508 said:
i am hoping for a la/newyork world series :D

After watching the Angels / Red Sox series, I wouldn't be too shocked if it was an all LA series.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
A friend at work made a real big "investment" that the Dodgers sweep games 1,2,3 I told him he's friggin nuts but here it stands...

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i hear you on that. but that would be the lowest nielson on a world series if it was all la. but you never know. ;)

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
joey12508 said:
i hear you on that. but that would be the lowest nielson on a world series if it was all la. but you never know. ;)

Really? I would think Twins vs Rockies would be WAY worse as far as TV viewers.
Sorry if that wink meant you were kidding about the nielsen ratings. But I don't think an all LA would be all that bad.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
I'll be honest, I didn't think the Dodgers would win more than 1 game. The Cardinals have had their number for many years now. Still too early to start celebrating though. I would love for it to end tonight.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Rickzcards said:
I'll be honest, I didn't think the Dodgers would win more than 1 game. The Cardinals have had their number for many years now. Still too early to start celebrating though. I would love for it to end tonight.
+1...I thought Cardinals would sweep.

Even in the thread where someone asked for who you wanted to win the WS, I voted

1 Dodgers
8 Cardinals (but think they sweep dodgers)

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
tommyfro21 said:
Man, I love watching this series as a Dodgers fan, even though game 2 was a little crazy.

Everyone in the media had LA losing, if not being swept, by the Cards. Here they sit up 1-0 in the first inning with a 2-0 series lead.

Now honestly, how many people really thought this is how the series would stand at this point???

They have made my dream come true. Strangely similiar to last year when my Cubbies were suppose to sweep the Dodgers and roll to the World Series. It is about time Cardinal fans have to walk a mile in our shoes. Going to work on Monday here in St. Louis will be a great day to see all those long faces.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
It's over, the brooms were brought into play. Hope they don't get rusty in what will probably be a week off waiting for the winner of the Rockies/Phillies winner.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
I didn't want to jinx it, but I really did think the Dodgers would win this series.

The Cardinals finished the season at home getting swept by Milwaukee, and they had some pretty rough spots throughout the year.

The Dodgers were considered the best team in the NL for much of the season (especially their ridiculous start, which continued without Manny). Plus they had the best record in the NL. Why they were considered such underdogs was a mystery to me.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Rickzcards said:
It's over, the brooms were brought into play. Hope they don't get rusty in what will probably be a week off waiting for the winner of the Rockies/Phillies winner.

If I were a Dodger fan I would be all for Colorado.

The Phillies are really beatup/tired anyway so it might not matter, but knowing how well Hamels pitches against LA I wouldn't want to face him at Dodger stadium.

This year I have learned why it is so hard to repeat.

Members online

Latest posts