Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Somebody is begging for a neg and a chargeback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
JVC said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180635286819&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The bidders are dumb for not reading the description but the seller is being purposefully deceptive.
Although he does clarify what you are bidding on in his description he is still wrong for using a deceptive picture. The ending price shows it. Hope he does get a chargeback and neg for doing it. Kinda like when someone used a Rick Porcello orange ref scan on a lot that didn't include the Porcello just to get more views I believe was his sorry ass excuse ::facepalm::

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
That sold well within the range.

What drives me nuts is when buyers see something like this and then actively try and screw the seller. They'll know from the get-go that they'll get a refractor and their entire plan is based on them getting the card and then being like "OMFG, THIS ISN"T BLUE. I WANT TO PAY $15 FOR THIS, PLZ REFUND DIFFERENCE"

Sometimes sellers do really weird things for really weird reasons. They're not always trying to screw the buyer over. If a buyer genuinely gets screwed, all the power too 'em. If a buyer sets out to screw himself so he can get a great deal in the long time, not cool.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
pigskincardboard said:

What drives me nuts is when buyers see something like this and then actively try and screw the seller. They'll know from the get-go that they'll get a refractor and their entire plan is based on them getting the card and then being like "OMFG, THIS ISN"T BLUE. I WANT TO PAY $15 FOR THIS, PLZ REFUND DIFFERENCE"

Sometimes sellers do really weird things for really weird reasons. They're not always trying to screw the buyer over. If a buyer genuinely gets screwed, all the power too 'em. If a buyer sets out to screw himself so he can get a great deal in the long time, not cool.
You are wrong, did you even read the description? This is for a non autographed base card ::facepalm::
See how deceptive it is now?

chrisgillam

Sep 10, 2010
You know, this sucks! I see it every day. I don't believe it's the buyers trying to screw the seller. I believe it's the seller trying to screw the buyer. Sure I list cards all the time on Ebay, so yes I make mistakes but I catch those mistakes and correct them. But this, showing a picture of a different card verses the description is an attempt to take advantage of a term I herd here more than once, "The Ebay Sheep." And who is the Ebay Sheep? I believe most of them are kids unaware of dishonest people or simpletons who fail to read the description and realize it's either a mistake on the sellers part or a dishonest trap set by the seller.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I like how he adds in huge bold letters in the description that this isn't the card pictured. Like he couldn't just steal a base chrome scan from a different auction in the same time it took to amend the description.

His laziness will be negatively rewarded...

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
hive17 said:
I like how he adds in huge bold letters in the description that this isn't the card pictured. Like he couldn't just steal a base chrome scan from a different auction in the same time it took to amend the description.

His laziness will be negatively rewarded...

Stealing a base chrome picture would still have been deceptive, the auction is for a freakin base! What an idiot of a seller, I hope s/he gets negged.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
noaskiecards said:
JVC,

some pretty tricky auctions there...

How you doing man? You gearing up for the county center show?

Been good. Don't know if I'm going to head down for the show. BGS won't be there and the last show wasn't that good.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If you're dumb enough to buy it, I have no pity for you. It's your responsibility as a buyer to not only look at the picture, but read the description. It's wrong for the seller to try and deceive of course, but the seller has to exercise common sense.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
pigskincardboard said:

What the hell are you talking about dude?

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Card Magnet said:
If you're dumb enough to buy it, I have no pity for you. It's your responsibility as a buyer to not only look at the picture, but read the description. It's wrong for the seller to try and deceive of course, but the seller has to exercise common sense.

Still think the seller is at fault here more than the buyer, like 75/25 but your point is valid.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
glewis22 said:
Card Magnet said:

Still think the seller is at fault here more than the buyer, like 75/25 but your point is valid.

It's like blaming someone for being robbed because they were walking down the street at night. Yeah, it may have been dumb to walk down that street at night, but they still aren't the criminal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts