Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SS# to Paypal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Jaypers said:
Why does Paypal ask you for your SS# before you've crossed the threshold?

I'd assume so that when you hit the level you don't simply ignore their requests so they can report. But that's just an assumption.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I know I have surpassed both thresholds but I have yet to be asked for my SS#. I wonder what happens if I just ignore the request?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
BGSRCGUY said:
Jaypers said:
Why does Paypal ask you for your SS# before you've crossed the threshold?

I'd assume so that when you hit the level you don't simply ignore their requests so they can report. But that's just an assumption.

That's probably it. I ignored the first message last week so they sent another one today. It guess it's easier to "get" the # BEFORE one crosses the threshold than after.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Personally if it was me regardless of what the actual rules might be..I would never follow a link sent to me that way from Paypal, way too many scams/fraudulent ones..I would of course log into my account and go that way, again the only way i would ever give out my SS#, period!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

d

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
agentjak said:
Personally if it was me regardless of what the actual rules might be..I would never follow a link sent to me that way from Paypal, way too many scams/fraudulent ones..I would of course log into my account and go that way, again the only way i would ever give out my SS#, period!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

d

And that's the way I did it! :D

Members online

Latest posts