Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***************Sunday Morning Thread ***********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Morning all,

Chris and I went to see "Cowboys and Aliens" yesterday. Pretty fun movie, but WHY do all movies now have to have aliens of the "squishy" variety? Ick! :(

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Also, NEVER compare books to movies. 2 different mediums. You simply cannot squeeze 400+ pages into a 2-2.5 hr screenplay.

The only book I want to read is LOTR. (The blu ray versions of the extended movies are phenomenal)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
thefatguy said:
Also, NEVER compare books to movies. 2 different mediums. You simply cannot squeeze 400+ pages into a 2-2.5 hr screenplay.

The only book I want to read is LOTR. (The blu ray versions of the extended movies are phenomenal)
and even with the extended 4+ hour versions of those movies, they left out a TON.

they left out an entire character.

also - don't shy away from reading HP because of the movies. vast difference.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
George - we didn't leave O with anyone until she was over a year old. even now, have only left her with family.

she may have to go to daycare though if Erin gets the job she applied for.

Dan - :lol:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
chashawk said:
thefatguy said:

and even with the extended 4+ hour versions of those movies, they left out a TON.

I didn't care about Harry for 1 the material and 2 I'm an adult ;)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
thefatguy said:
chashawk said:
thefatguy said:

but you're all jazzed about a ****-****** journey with elves and little hairy-toed men... :lol:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I haven't read a page of HP, nor have I read the books, but the wife has watched and read them each 5x over so I learned a little bit about the author. And her rise to stardom is nothing short of incredible.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
chashawk said:
George - we didn't leave O with anyone until she was over a year old. even now, have only left her with family.

she may have to go to daycare though if Erin gets the job she applied for.

Dan - :lol:

Sending her to school was tough at first. This last week was kinda like the first week she ever went; it was the first week w/o her favorite teacher.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thanks guys. the Tumbler aka the Batmobile is essentially the same as it has been in Batman Begins and the Dark Knight just with different paint and a slight design change.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
chashawk said:
thefatguy said:
chashawk said:
thefatguy said:

but you're all jazzed about a ****-****** journey with elves and little hairy-toed men... :lol:
So different.....when Ron and Harry do it, I feel icky because they're kids :lol:

But when Frod's and Sam get it on it's just a nice love story :lol:

Dan, no, let it pass

next time :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
thefatguy said:

This is called common sense to any book reader ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts