Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~The DEREK JETER Thread~

What is Derek Jeter to you

• One of the best hitting shortstops to ever play the game of baseball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A decent defensive shortstop

• I don't care about Derek Jeter whatsoever

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Re: The DEREK JETER thread

plainwhitejerseys said:
sportscardtheory said:
plainwhitejerseys said:
sportscardtheory said:
Mozzie22 said:
Unbelievable...and sad. ::facepalm::

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

Still waiting on that case law.

Troll much?

Bite off more than you can chew much?

I'll save you the trouble. You're a complete imbecile, so you'll go where the rest of the imbeciles reside...on my foes list. You might want to KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT the next time you pick a fight with someone. Otherwise, they will make you look like a fool like I did. Take care, kiddo.

lol, you are EASILY the biggest tool I have ever had the misfortune to happen upon on FCB. The fact that you are not suspended for your trollish personal attacks is mind-boggling. I love that your opinion you keep spouting off is completely wrong, yet you keep trash talking to me and others that know you are completely wrong. Laughable.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

What i don't get is the people that answer "they dont care whatsoever about Jeter", yet they open this thread ::facepalm::

Jeter is one of the best short stops of all time.
I remember starting a thread like this about 5 years ago on bmb, and at least half said he wouldn't even make the hof ::facepalm::

Wake up people...

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009

hofautos said:
What i don't get is the people that answer "they dont care whatsoever about Jeter", yet they open this thread ::facepalm::

I remember starting a thread like this about 5 years ago on bmb, and at least half said he wouldn't even make the hof ::facepalm::

Wake up people...

The problem with Jeter is that he's probably going to be outed for 'roids. If you told me three years ago that ARoid was going to be outed for 'roids, I would have laughed at you. But he did them. I said a couple months ago that I would eat my underwear if Pujols ever tested positive, but I fully expect him to have tested positive as well.

You like to look at guys as if they didn't do 'roids, you like to give them the benefit of the doubt. But when you're talking about a star player, you almost have to assume they did them.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

plainwhitejerseys said:
hofautos said:

Wake up people...

The problem with Jeter is that he's probably going to be outed for 'roids. If you told me three years ago that ARoid was going to be outed for 'roids, I would have laughed at you. But he did them. I said a couple months ago that I would eat my underwear if Pujols ever tested positive, but I fully expect him to have tested positive as well.

You like to look at guys as if they didn't do 'roids, you like to give them the benefit of the doubt. But when you're talking about a star player, you almost have to assume they did them.

I don't discount that possibility...but the fact remains he is one of the best hitting shortstops of all time....We all know Bonds did steroids, but that doesn't change the fact he is one of the best hitters of all time.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009

hofautos said:
plainwhitejerseys said:
hofautos said:

Wake up people...

I don't discount that possibility...but the fact remains he is one of the best hitting shortstops of all time....We all know Bonds did steroids, but that doesn't change the fact he is one of the best hitters of all time.

It kinda does though. It changes it from "he is one of the best hitters of all time" to "he's one of the best hitters of time when he's on 'roids". Would he have been one of the best hitters of all time if he weren't on 'roids? We'll never know.
Would he have been one of the best hitters of all time if the rest of the best hitters of all time were on 'roids? No he wouldn't. Because Bonds did what he did with the benefit of 'roids, and even with the benefit of 'roids, he wasn't exactly blowing everyone else in history out of the water. If he was just barely setting records being on 'roids, then those records would have been a lot higher in the first place if those guys had been on 'roids as well.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

plainwhitejerseys said:
hofautos said:
plainwhitejerseys said:
hofautos said:

Wake up people...

It kinda does though. It changes it from "he is one of the best hitters of all time" to "he's one of the best hitters of time when he's on 'roids". Would he have been one of the best hitters of all time if he weren't on 'roids? We'll never know.
Would he have been one of the best hitters of all time if the rest of the best hitters of all time were on 'roids? No he wouldn't. Because Bonds did what he did with the benefit of 'roids, and even with the benefit of 'roids, he wasn't exactly blowing everyone else in history out of the water. If he was just barely setting records being on 'roids, then those records would have been a lot higher in the first place if those guys had been on 'roids as well.

What you don't seem to understand is that Bonds was a good hitter on his own.Roids don't do that for you.They may make you a better power hitter but you either are or aren't a good hitter.Roids simply provide the extra power.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe

Totally agree that before the roids Bonds had a chance to be one of the best of all time. He was a tool for the most part but one of the best who has now sadly tarnished his reputation.

plainwhitejerseys

May 20, 2009

predatorkj said:
What you don't seem to understand is that Bonds was a good hitter on his own.

We don't know that, because we don't know when he started doing 'roids.

predatorkj said:
Roids don't do that for you.They may make you a better power hitter but you either are or aren't a good hitter.Roids simply provide the extra power.

That's not true.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

plainwhitejerseys said:
predatorkj said:
What you don't seem to understand is that Bonds was a good hitter on his own.

We don't know that, because we don't know when he started doing 'roids.

predatorkj said:
Roids don't do that for you.They may make you a better power hitter but you either are or aren't a good hitter.Roids simply provide the extra power.

That's not true.

So you are telling me that roids make you a better hitter?I am not talking about a guy who hits doubles and singles.For all I care he could be hitting bloop singles all year long.Take somebody like Ichiro or Gwynn or even Williams for instance.Guys who are just good hitters.Some are for power and some are not but they had a hell of a keen sense for hitting in and of itself.Guys who got contact and could do so on a regular basis.Because in my little world( no this isn't a jab at you...just a reference from an argument earlier today outside of the board hence the my little world comment) you can either hit or you can't.

The only argument that I suppose can be brought up is that maybe...just maybe roids give you better eye sight?Not sure if this is even true.In any case I am not so sure it would give you much better than 20/20 vision which Bonds seems to already have.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania

My friend may be the illegitimate offspring of Jeter. Anybody else thinking that?

Image2.png

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Card Magnet said:
My friend may be the illegitimate offspring of Jeter. Anybody else thinking that?

Image2.png

Your friend looks like he was cut out of a magazine... :lol:

Latest posts