Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey talk Thread Part Deux, 2010/11 edition!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
matchpenalty said:
What a great fight last night in Edmonton Calgary game. Big Mac and Ivannas in great heavyweight tilt. Best fight of the preseason so far. I know Big Mac is freakin monster, huge props to Ivan for hanging with him. Hope Big Mac is fixture in Edmonton to protect the young guys on roster. He even got a goal.

i never did get to see this fight. Anyone have the youtube video for it?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
here you go Bilko...

[youtube:2mjldzgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjY5aPWK-do&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:2mjldzgg]

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Thanks for the link Dave, gonna watch it in a few minutes.

Im watching the final pre-season game between Calgary/Edmonton right in HD. Its playing on some new sportsnetHD Flames channel that is going to play 29 addition Flames game that the other networks aren't carrying, so that should allow Flames fans to watch every single game this year if they get this channel. They will also have to pay an addition $12.95 (or whatever) to catch the about 5 pay per view games the team carries each year.

Ive got it as a "Free preview" right now. I think its been playing all the Flames pre season games for free and then when the reg. season starts you'll have to start paying it. Im definitely gonna have to look into pricing for it as i would love to get this Flames HD channel.

1-0 Calgary so far. Fun to watch Backlund and all the Oilers young guns.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
here you go Bilko...

[youtube:30pgnjjf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjY5aPWK-do&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:30pgnjjf]

great fight indeed!!! looked like both of them stood their ground pretty good.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I can't imagine watching hockey that's not in HD. FSN Pittsburgh has shown every Penguin game for the last 2 seasons in HD. 3 seasons only the home games wee in HD then 2 seasons ago they started taking the HD cameras on the road.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Penguins beat the Red Wings 5-2 and finished the preseason with a 5-1 record and Fleury went 3-0 and had a GAA of 1.82 :D

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
I can't imagine watching hockey that's not in HD. FSN Pittsburgh has shown every Penguin game for the last 2 seasons in HD. 3 seasons only the home games wee in HD then 2 seasons ago they started taking the HD cameras on the road.

HD is all new to me, just picked up my first HD PVR a couple weeks ago :p

i like it

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I used to love hockey when I was younger, but haven't really paid as much attention as I've grown older. The Wild aren't so thrilling to watch most of the time. Even though going to a game live was an absolutely amazing experience and I'd like to do it again sometime soon.

I'm said the Wild let go of Boogaard as he was fun to watch mash on people. :(

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
HD was invented for hockey. hockey is by far the best looking sport in HD.

definitely agree with you there.

I am also very interested in seeing these 3D Hockey games as well. The Herticage classic is gonna be broadcasted in 3D this year.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Weimer said:
I used to love hockey when I was younger, but haven't really paid as much attention as I've grown older. The Wild aren't so thrilling to watch most of the time. Even though going to a game live was an absolutely amazing experience and I'd like to do it again sometime soon.

I'm said the Wild let go of Boogaard as he was fun to watch mash on people. :(

you should give Hockey another chance. You are very lucky that you live in a city with an NHL team.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
It's not that I'm not willing to give it a chance. I just don't care as much as I used to. It's kind of a bad time of year for it to be on because I'm an absolutely huge NFL, college football, and NBA fan. So the NHL kind of takes a backseat and I'll flip a game on when there's nothing else on. Which isn't very often.

I've also kind of fallen out of touch with who's good and who are the "must watch" teams since I don't really pay as much attention as I used to. I know obviously guys like Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, and Alexander Ovechkin are superstars and the Caps/Penguins are both really good teams, but that's about it.

If you wanna educate me a little bit it would probably help me get more interested again. :D

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Weimer said:
It's not that I'm not willing to give it a chance. I just don't care as much as I used to. It's kind of a bad time of year for it to be on because I'm an absolutely huge NFL, college football, and NBA fan. So the NHL kind of takes a backseat and I'll flip a game on when there's nothing else on. Which isn't very often.

I've also kind of fallen out of touch with who's good and who are the "must watch" teams since I don't really pay as much attention as I used to. I know obviously guys like Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, and Alexander Ovechkin are superstars and the Caps/Penguins are both really good teams, but that's about it.

If you wanna educate me a little bit it would probably help me get more interested again. :D

I know what you are saying, so many good sports on right now to take your time and interests to others. Im also a Huge NFL fan and watch Sunday ticket all day long and once and a while the Monday night game if it interests me. But thats just basically one day of the week only and very rarely interupts Hockey games im watching

If yoi. Im also very interested in the end of the MLB season and the impending MLB playoffs. Ill miss a bunch of the Hockey games at the start of the year because im watching Baseball playoffs, but ill still be checking the scores, stats and standing in the NHL.

If you wanted to get educated a bit on this current upcoming season, check out our very owns, pghbuccos (Dave) blog, that has preview from all the NHL teams....

http://shootinthepuck.blogspot.com/

stu

Jan 24, 2010
The Minnesota Wild should be a very solid team this year. They are young and have lots of speed.

joelmcook

Aug 1, 2009
Omaha, Nebraska
You have a star in Mikko Koivu being the face of the franchise. Also hockey is played during the week and doesnt really interfere with football imo. I might miss some games on the weekend but it doesnt mean I dont turn on the NHL network and see what my team did. Start a player collection of Koivu to help get you back into the sport.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I watch regular TV during the week, not so much sports. I currently watch 23 TV shows during the week. I might be able to catch parts of games after 9 pm central time and stuff on Sportscenter, but that's about it.

I know a little about Mikko Koivu and the Wild, but not much. I don't have any money to collect Koivu, but that would be a good idea.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
pghbuccos said:
thanks for the blog mention Bilko :mrgreen:

the Flames Oilers replay is on the NHL Network right now.

No prob on the blog mention ;)

there was no Taylor Hall or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson tonight unfortunately. Eberle played though.

Flames/Oilers start the real season this Thursday against each other in Edmonton.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
G $MONEY$ said:
pghbuccos said:
thanks for the blog mention Bilko :mrgreen:

the Flames Oilers replay is on the NHL Network right now.

No prob on the blog mention ;)

there was no Taylor Hall or Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson tonight unfortunately. Eberle played though.

Flames/Oilers start the real season this Thursday against each other in Edmonton.

I have enjoyed watching the three young guys play this preseason. all three of them have been very impressive. I can't wait until Thursday :mrgreen:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Sidney Crosby's new NHL Network commercial...

[youtube:27e0tsq1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D0BlEDLuL0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:27e0tsq1]

Members online

Latest posts