Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey talk Thread Part Deux, 2010/11 edition!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
WOW, MeiGray down to 10 teams as of right now in game worn program. Little surprised Rangers have left. But rumor is Steiner has got them now and AHL team......

www.meigray.com
October 5, 2010

Welcome to the 2010-11 MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program. It's the program developed by the National Hockey League and MeiGray in 2002 and is the only Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program that has been endorsed by the NHL and recommended to its member clubs.

For 2010-11, MeiGray has agreements with these 10 clubs: Boston, Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton, New Jersey, Nashville, Ottawa, Philadelphia, and Washington. Each team will structure its individual game-worn jersey program with MeiGray to best suit its fans and the collecting public.

MeiGray regularly talks to non-program teams about joining or rejoining our program. Announcements regarding additions to the 2010-11 lineup will be made as soon as a team joins or re-joins the program.

Authenticity and Security-Tagging Process

Remains the same as in past seasons.

Team Reporting Procedures to MGG

Remains the same as in past seasons.

Regular Home and Road Inventory

For 2010-11, program teams are scheduled to wear three sets of home dark jerseys and three sets of road white jerseys. As exceptions and changes occasionally occur, any changes to this standard inventory will be announced as they are finalized and confirmed.

· Set 1 (home and road) was introduced at the start of the NHL training camp and preseason, and will be worn approximately two to two and a half months into the regular season.
· Set 2 (home and road) will be worn for approximately two to two and a half months during the middle of the regular season.
· Set 3 (home and road) will be worn for approximately the final month of the regular season, and into the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

One confirmed change for 2010-11: Nashville will be wearing two sets of home and two sets of road in the regular season. The Predators will change from Set 1 to Set 2 approximately halfway through the regular season.

Third Jersey Inventory

For 2010-11, these teams will be wearing Third jerseys: Boston (in 12 games), Calgary (new Third, which is an RBK Edge version of last season's Retro jersey, 12 games) Colorado (12), Dallas (12), Edmonton (12), Nashville (14), Ottawa (10).

Boston, Calgary, Colorado, Dallas, Edmonton and Ottawa are scheduled to wear two sets of Thirds, with each set scheduled to be worn an equal number of times. Nashville is scheduled to wear one set of Thirds in those 14 games.

The number of games in which teams wear their Thirds is subject to change during the season, and it is possible a team will wear Third jerseys in their promotional (Shirt Off Their Backs Night) game. We will announce the schedules when they become finalized with the league and confirmed with the teams.

Inventory Changes

Calgary: New Third jersey, RBK Edge version of last season's Retro jersey.

Dallas: Road white becomes Third and Third becomes road white.

Philadelphia: Winter Classic white becomes road white. No black Third jersey.

Special Set Inventory

Boston, Prague Premiere, White and Black, October 9 and 10, 2011.

Washington, Winter Classic on Jan. 1, 2011.

Washington, Classic jersey (without WC patch) on Turn Back The Clock Night, Feb. 1, 2011.

Calgary, Heritage Classic on Feb. 20, 2011.

New Jersey Devils, green and red St. Patrick's Day Throwback on March 18, 2011.

Program Inventory Updates

Any individual adjustments (additional jerseys in a set for a player, additional jerseys for special nights, Special One-Game Sets for Special or Historical Events) will be recorded ... and that information will be shared with collectors as soon as the information is confirmed by the team.

Pre-season Gamers

Set 1 begins with the start of training camp and the NHL preseason. Players who play in training camp scrimmages and/or preseason but do not play in the regular season can be requested, but their jerseys, if available, will not arrive until after the 2010-11 season ends.

Customer Requests/Pre-Ordering

We have kept the team-by-team Customer Request lists, and will be calling all collectors who have requested the opportunity to Pre-Order 2010-11 jerseys.

We have started the Pre-Ordering process in anticipation of the October 7 kickoff to the NHL season. We will publicize the 2010-11 Pre-Ordering Procedures in a separate post.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
jarcar said:
G $MONEY$ said:
My most hated Canuck of all time is now a Flame?!?! :shock: :?

this will be very weird to see.

Mo is your most hated of all time? :D

I really think you will be happy he is on your team. He is a great team guy and can kill penalties, play the point on the power play, he can be a skilled forward or can play a good two way game. For $750K you can't go wrong.

Yep, he was my most hated because i always thought he was so good. Everytime he touched the puck he was a threat to score.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
all NHL teams must have their 23 man roster set and be at or under the Salary Cap by 3 pm ET this afternoon.

the Devils, Bruins, Canucks and Flames are all still over the Cap.

here are the numbers according to CapGeek.com

team / amount over / roster size

New Jersey Devils / $3,428,333 / 22

Boston Bruins / $3,087,771 / 22

Vancouver Canucks / $2,640,000 / 24

Calgary Flames / $2,574,995 / 23

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Bruins will put Marco Sturm on ir list and his money comes off the cap. I believe by doing that they fall under the cap, he's not supposed to be back till Dec/Jan. Then they will dump Ryder and or Wheeler if they continue to suck and play softer than soft.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Bruins will most likely also place Marc Savard on the injured list. they should be fin.

the Devils will most likely place Bryce Salvador on the injured list and that will cut $2.9 million.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Can't wait till tomorrow morning. As soon as i wake up at 10am or so i can throw on the Wild/Hurricanes regular season game from Helsinki, Finland. The game is on TSN at 12pm EST or 10AM Mountain. Not sure what network it is on in the US. Game 2 of this Finnish series is at the same time on Friday as well.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
G $MONEY$ said:
Can't wait till tomorrow morning. As soon as i wake up at 10am or so i can throw on the Wild/Hurricanes regular season game from Helsinki, Finland. The game is on TSN at 12pm EST or 10AM Mountain. Not sure what network it is on in the US. Game 2 of this Finnish series is at the same time on Friday as well.

Versus in the US.

I am very excited to spend my afternoon at work watching hockey.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Penguins have made a strange move this evening by sending F Eric Tangradi to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL and recalling G Patrick Killeen from Wheeling. Tangradi was told today he had made the team and bought 13 tickets for family members who will travel from Philadelphia to see Eric play in his 1st game in Pittsburgh and his 2nd game in the NHL.

it appears either Marc-Andre Fleury or Brent Johnson may be sick or injured and might not be able to go tomorrow night. however both goalies practiced today.

this is all very confusing.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
capitals roster is final

Fowards: Ovechkin, Backstrom, Knuble, Semin, Flash, Laich, MJ90, Chimera, Fehr, Bradley, B. Gordon, Hendricks, King, Steckel
Defense: Alzner, Carlson, Green, Poti, Schultz, Erskine, Sloan
Goal Neuvirth, Saborin(until varly is activated off ir)

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Bruins will put Marco Sturm on ir list and his money comes off the cap. I believe by doing that they fall under the cap, he's not supposed to be back till Dec/Jan. Then they will dump Ryder and or Wheeler if they continue to suck and play softer than soft.

I REALLY hope it's Ryder they dump or Thomas...it just hurts paying a back-up goalie $5M per season...ugh. I'm still disappointed that Hamill didn't make the squad, but it'll be interesting to see how Seguin plays and I hope that Campbell fills that 4th line center nicely (though I'd still prefer Sobotka).

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
pghbuccos said:
how was Seguin's preseason?

I really didn't think he was going to make the team out of camp.

He did decent. Pretty sure he is going to see a lot of time on wing.

Excited for some possible good match ups tonight.

Pit- Philly should be good. Godard-Shelley, Carcillo-Asham (rumored not have got along while in Philly together), Rupp-Walker.

If Smackintylre and Ivannis half half as good fight as they had in preseason, could still be fight of the night.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
matchpenalty said:
pghbuccos said:
how was Seguin's preseason?

I really didn't think he was going to make the team out of camp.

He did decent. Pretty sure he is going to see a lot of time on wing.

Excited for some possible good match ups tonight.

Pit- Philly should be good. Godard-Shelley, Carcillo-Asham (rumored not have got along while in Philly together), Rupp-Walker.

If Smackintylre and Ivannis half half as good fight as they had in preseason, could still be fight of the night.

good to know Seguin had a decent preseason.

Asham was placed on the injured list this morning so Godard Shelley or Rupp and someone or Cooke and Carcillo could be the matchups for tonight,

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Hurricanes beat the Wild 4-3 in Helsinki.

goals by...

MIN - Latandresse, Cullen, Burns

CAR - Sutter (2), Babchuk, Jokinen

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Way to kick off the season with a splash NHL ::facepalm:: Couldn't have picked two more low interest teams at a worse time at a more obscure venue?

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
th_flyers_50t.png @ th_Penguins_50t.png

about to start :D

HilaryDuff.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Pens Flyers scoreless after the 1st Period.

both goalies were very solid.

both teams failed to convert a power play opportunity.

Members online

Latest posts