Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
PB sucks! I am trying to redo my bucket so that it is all up to date. PB keeps crashing though. Ugh.

I would do it all on here, but you can only upload 5 cards at a time and you cannot arrange them.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Just talked to the business office about my ticket. I guess backing into a stall is grounds for a ticket. I don't see what the problem is with just pulling through 2 spots so you don't have to back up to get out. I am going to appeal it though. The only thing is, I don't know when it will be entered into the system since they are backed up. Just another way for the school to nickel and dime me I guess

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Just talked to the business office about my ticket. I guess backing into a stall is grounds for a ticket. I don't see what the problem is with just pulling through 2 spots so you don't have to back up to get out. I am going to appeal it though. The only thing is, I don't know when it will be entered into the system since they are backed up. Just another way for the school to nickel and dime me I guess

Is there a sign that states "Head in parking only" If so you are screwed; if not I say fight it. If there are no signs take pictures to prove there are no signs.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Thanks, guys! I was fortunate to get that Feliz... The collector beat me to the 01/10 on eBay a couple weeks ago...the seller accepted his Best Offer right away..when the listing was barely an hour old. Contacted the collector to see if we can work something out. Turned out he already have a few examples of the said mini so...ta da! If you miss out on something on eBay, it doesn't hurt to contact that winner and see if you two can work something out. You never know...

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Good morning guys. Last night I got a text from my girlfriend's sister. The school security gave me a freaking parking ticket. The reason- I "backed" into the stall. When in reality all I did was pull through so I wouldn't have to back up to get out. Kinda ticks me off, and there is no sense in trying to fight it. Its my word agains the school

Getting a ticket for backing your car into a parking spot? That's one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard of.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Is there a sign that states "Head in parking only" If so you are screwed; if not I say fight it. If there are no signs take pictures to prove there are no signs.

Supposedly its in the parking handbook. Yeah, there is a parking handbook here. I had no clue there was such a thing as a parking handbook. If I can't get it appealed its a $20 fine. On the brightside I went to the PO to mail a couple of packages and it didn't cost me a thing! Well it did, but I had a money order to cash so it was nice getting money back instead of paying for it

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
How was the trip Guillame?

It went great, thanks Dan!! Well, except the part where American Airlines stole on of our baggage... A small box containing delicacies from Spain, that they had us checked because clearly in San Juan, when you walk along a 20 ft hallway from customs to the next security line, you exited the airport and are now posing a threat...

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks, guys! I was fortunate to get that Feliz... The collector beat me to the 01/10 on eBay a couple weeks ago...the seller accepted his Best Offer right away..when the listing was barely an hour old. Contacted the collector to see if we can work something out. Turned out he already have a few examples of the said mini so...ta da! If you miss out on something on eBay, it doesn't hurt to contact that winner and see if you two can work something out. You never know...

Congrats on the pickup!! I also tried doing this but can never find how to reach them; how did you get the info?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

That sucks. It shouldn't be illegal, but that depends on what state laws say about license plates. I know nothing about a university/college's power to issue actual traffic citations.

I know in MN, we have to have plates on both the front and back of the car, so it really doesn't matter how we park, but I believe in some states, the legal requirement is only one license plate on the back which the police would have to see at all times.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Congrats on the pickup!! I also tried doing this but can never find how to reach them; how did you get the info?

Wait a few days (or a few weeks in some cases) and check seller's feedback. Try both "Feedback as a seller" and "Feedback left for others" tabs. eBay doesn't scramble IDs there. If it's someone who does hundreds of transactions a week, use the browser's Find feature to match up with the auction number.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wait a few days (or a few weeks in some cases) and check seller's feedback. Try both "Feedback as a seller" and "Feedback left for others" tabs. eBay doesn't scramble IDs there. If it's someone who does hundreds of transactions a week, use the browser's Find feature to match up with the auction number.

Good one, thanks!! Didn't occur to me to check there!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Dammit ken. I got my twins minis in today and see the Denard span plate that I thought I missed out on. You did not have to do that! I really appreciate it. First 1/1 for my collection

Sent from my DROID X2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts