Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Hey Alex! Things are OK. I am actually going to the State Fair later today with the wife as part of our "healing through spending time together" plan.

Yeah the pickups are pretty sweet! I love the Pooholes auto! Its my first one............well.........second one if you count a Fleer Patchworks auto that I had for all of about a day. And the Arod auto is nice too!

I actually forgot to post another card in that thread. It was a Tommy Hanson SPA Future Watch auto.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
A_Pharis said:
Those TTT legends cards are absolutely SICK.
Thats why I wish I was rich :lol:

Good morning George!

Good morning Brian - Sick cards in your thread, bud. So are you guys trying to work things out? If so, good luck man.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Andrew - Breakfast from the boss is only for us lucky Sunday workers ;) Can't wait to see what the mystery cut will be.

Brian - Nice!!! Hope the weather stays fair. It is a great sign that you are both "trying"...keep the chin up dude, things can hopefully only go back uphill for you both :)

Art - Yikes...good luck. I bet there will be a fun story afterwards. Things are great over hear...just anticipating a few casebreaks: 08 Heroes/Misc Donruss stuff/09 Triple Threads

George - Hola!!!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
JackLondon said:
Morning all,

I'm back in the land of the living. :)

Kinda goofed up on pain pills, but wanted to check in.

Hope everyone has a good day, today!

..glad you are well!! Pumpkin whoopie-pies for medicinal purposes works well....... ;)

Take care Andrew!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Good morning guys. I hiope everyone has a great day.

Charlie- Glad to hear your birthday went well. A personal cake is always awesome.

Andrew- Glad to hear things went well. We were all thinking about you and praying for you. Here's to a speedy recovery!

I hate to admit this, but I am beginning to like Topps a little better. I found a sweet card on eBay last night. The only problem is, I can't afford it this week. :lol: :cry: eBay item #120483576027

I've seen a couple of other players and these cards are very nice. I really like what they did with them.

I have a little mailday from yesterday to post. It's football again.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks Charlie and Alex. Yeah we are both trying to work it out. Like I told Gilmore on the phone last night, we are both trying to make things work. The card situation isn't an issue anymore, we just want to be happy. I can always rebuild the collection<see my latest thread> and besides, it was just cardboard.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Guy listed a Bruce Red auto, BIN/BO $400. He countered my offer, wants $300 telling me commons are selling for $175. :lol:

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
metallicalex777 said:
LaneyB said:
Hola guys. Anyone having issues with the USPS lately?

No issues hear...my WBC patch redemption still does not show a shipping ETA even though it has been in shipped status for over 2 weeks, but that is a Topps issue. Seriously though...whats up on your end Laney??

I bought this and paid for it the next day, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT. The guy took almost two weeks to ship it. In those two weeks I moved and put in the notice to have my mail forwarded. Well, it arrived to my old location and was sitting in the mail box, for some unknown reason that package wasn't forwarded.

After speaking with the local PO, I'm hoping to have it any day now, it's only the 4th example that card that I've seen.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
morning everyone.

Andrew glad to hear everything went well with your surgery.

Joe good to see you around today. looking forward to the scans.

picked up 3 cards yesterday...

I love that UD used this pic from Jackie Robinson Day
Bc6bzHwmkKGrHgoH-DEEjlLl0zoyBK2mzcV.jpg

Bc2u2QBmkKGrHqEOKiMEq35MUUoBK2Vgerb.jpg

bought this from Russ
Moskos2007BowmanChromeDraftBlueRefr.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
LaneyB said:
metallicalex777 said:
LaneyB said:

No issues hear...my WBC patch redemption still does not show a shipping ETA even though it has been in shipped status for over 2 weeks, but that is a Topps issue. Seriously though...whats up on your end Laney??

I bought this and paid for it the next day, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT. The guy took almost two weeks to ship it. In those two weeks I moved and put in the notice to have my mail forwarded. Well, it arrived to my old location and was sitting in the mail box, for some unknown reason that package wasn't forwarded.

After speaking with the local PO, I'm hoping to have it any day now, it's only the 4th example that card that I've seen.
What a PITA. What's the deal with the card, though? Aren't all 06 SS numbered?

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
chashawk said:
LaneyB said:
metallicalex777 said:
LaneyB said:

I'm not too sure, but how many other black & white cards have you seen?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
LaneyB said:
chashawk said:
LaneyB said:
metallicalex777 said:
LaneyB said:

None at all. Its a very cool card. I just thought all Sweet Spots from 05 on were numberd on the front :?

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
chashawk said:
LaneyB said:
chashawk said:
LaneyB said:
metallicalex777 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT[/url]. The guy took almost two weeks to ship it. In those two weeks I moved and put in the notice to have my mail forwarded. Well, it arrived to my old location and was sitting in the mail box, for some unknown reason that package wasn't forwarded.

None at all. Its a very cool card. I just thought all Sweet Spots from 05 on were numberd on the front :?[/quote:3jnla7bx]

These are from 2006 and for some reason none of the 4 that I've seen are numbered.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Laney - Yikes!!! That is definitely USPS's fault. Sucks that the seller took so long in the first place, but that doesn't explain why it stayed in the empty box for so long :? Nice card by the way.

Latest posts