Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
markakis8 said:
KC37 said:
Good morning everyone.
Haven't checked in for a while, but it's the first day of school, and I still have the nervous energy before the kids get here, so......

Hi.

Hope everyone is well.

Ha, good luck! What grade do you teach?

Thanks, and thanks to you as well, Dan.
I've been teaching 7th grade math, but this year I have 3 8th grade classes and 2 7th grade classes. Whole new structure, so there's a lot to get used to. Plus, 4 brand new books to pilot. So that infamous "summer off" everyone thinks I get was spent planning 5 different timelines.

NOW I need a vacation, haha.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I have 1 final spot in my fantasy football league. That will put us to 10. I was hoping for 12, but 10 will be fine for the first year.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send you the information.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
KC37 said:
markakis8 said:
KC37 said:
Good morning everyone.
Haven't checked in for a while, but it's the first day of school, and I still have the nervous energy before the kids get here, so......

Hi.

Hope everyone is well.

Ha, good luck! What grade do you teach?

Thanks, and thanks to you as well, Dan.
I've been teaching 7th grade math, but this year I have 3 8th grade classes and 2 7th grade classes. Whole new structure, so there's a lot to get used to. Plus, 4 brand new books to pilot. So that infamous "summer off" everyone thinks I get was spent planning 5 different timelines.

NOW I need a vacation, haha.

Sounds like a lot of work and a lot of fun :)

Joe, sweet ride!

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
pghbuccos said:
poppudaimadochi said:
Hi Dave (pgh), happy THE CUP day!!

I'm very excited but my bank account is not :D

Happy The Cup day to you as well. are you going to pickup any Fleury's or Ward's?

Maybe not on release day, we'll see what price they command. And I would hate to make you overpay for Fleury's in a bidding war.

Joe - bad news on the car, the new one looks sweet though!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
poppudaimadochi said:
pghbuccos said:
poppudaimadochi said:

Happy The Cup day to you as well. are you going to pickup any Fleury's or Ward's?

Maybe not on release day, we'll see what price they command. And I would hate to make you overpay for Fleury's in a bidding war.

Thanks brother. Once I figure out how to get the money for the money due on October 1, it will all be okay.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I'll probably start sorting this weekend to get some listings up on Monday. I'll try to let everyone here know what I'm moving first, so that if anyone is interested I'd rather sell to you guys.

I'll be moving 3 autographed Pete Rose jerseys. 2 are Reds jerseys (1 Mounted Memories, 1 ***) and an Expos jersey (***). I also have a Reds mini helmet (PSA) if anyone is interested. I may end up moving my 2011 Topps Die Cuts as well.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Hello everyone,
Sad day for me today. My Black Lab Neo was put to sleep just a couple hours ago before noon (remember I'm in a different time zone).
He was 10 years old. You could see the change in his health the past 2 weeks as he got weaker and could hardly walk at the end. He was checked upon yesterday by the vet and it seems he got cancer. He had a hard time breathing and it was just not right to let him continue to suffer.
I was there until his last breath which was very hard but at least I got to say goodbye as I pet him. He'll definately be missed and never forgotten.
I know it seems silly to cry for a dog but you get so attached that they become members of the family. :(
Anyways, I hope you all have a nice day and for those of you with pets, give them a BIG hug and treat today for Neo.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
domino2012 said:
Hello everyone,
Sad day for me today. My Black Lab Neo was put to sleep just a couple hours ago before noon (remember I'm in a different time zone).
He was 10 years old. You could see the change in his health the past 2 weeks as he got weaker and could hardly walk at the end. He was checked upon yesterday by the vet and it seems he got cancer. He had a hard time breathing and it was just not right to let him continue to suffer.
I was there until his last breath which was very hard but at least I got to say goodbye as I pet him. He'll definately be missed and never forgotten.
I know it seems silly to cry for a dog but you get so attached that they become members of the family. :(
Anyways, I hope you all have a nice day and for those of you with pets, give them a BIG hug and treat today for Neo.

Really sorry to hear about Neo's passing. And it is NOT silly to cry for a dog. We treat our dogs and cats like family because they ARE members of our families. :grouphug:

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Dom-Very sorry :cry: Just went through the same thing with my Black Lab Dakotah. Know how it feels.

Dave and Frenchie--- Remember me if you pull any Devils........

Pete

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Dom - Very sorry to hear man. I have a friend who told me that he had to put his dog down just a couple of days ago. He said he had him for 13 years. I seriously regret the day our Great Dane is no longer with us, she has been such an amazing dog, we will probably not get another one to replace her.

My heart goes out to you man.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Dom- Very sorry to heat about your loss. There is nothing silly at all about crying over the loss of a pet. They are loved ones and part of the family. My heart goes out to you. Our dog turns 8 in January and I couldn't imagine not having him around.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
poppudaimadochi said:
pghbuccos said:
poppudaimadochi said:

I usually wait a week before I start going after any unless I see one I really really want. I appreciate you not wanting to make me overpay for any MAF's. it would be great if everyone felt the same way.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Dom so sorry to hear you had to put your dog to sleep. it's always very sad to lose a pet.

Pete only singles from The Cup for me. I would love to buy a tin but they are way too expensive.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Good Morning everyone.
George I hope to have my list done today before work for the MTSS

Joe Nice new ride hopefully that one lasts as long or if not longer then the one you just had.

Dom Sorry to hear about your dog, I know it can be tough since you have them for a long time and they do become part of the family.
And Great day to all of you that stop on by.
Oh and it looks like AT&T will not be able to acquire T-Mobile after all.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/fin ... .T.Mobile/

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning everyone!

Joe, it sucks that unexpected expenses pop up. Nice replacement though. Hope your sale do well.

Dom, it really hurts when a family member, even a pet, passes away.

George, no one cent auctions this week for me. I don't like ended auctions on holiday weekends, or durning the week.

Looks like I'll be eating alot of tomatoes, everything is getting ripe right now, and the frost is not far away. Probably alot BLT's will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts