Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Wondering if the foil is lifting on one of the die cut corners but the foil is laying flat in the holder rather than flipped over so we can't see it. So tough to put one of those in a penny sleeve without wrecking one of those two corners near the top.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Mirror Red Matsui rookie! I have been partial to the 2003 LCM versus other years. The full color background makes these pop. I was in Cooperstown late in the summer of 2003 when I purchased the latest Beckett issue, The back cover ad still remains engraved in my mind. It introduced me to the concept of a rainbow in collecting.

View attachment 331793

View attachment 331794View attachment 331795
Love the add. You can change the headline in that Beckett to FLASH IN THE PAN!

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
im guessing is that embossed? if so, is that why the low grade?
sweet card.
Has the 2002 Chicago National embossing stamp on front, silver foil label 4/5 on back

The low grade is because the Butchers of Santa Ana - aka "unknown PSA party/system" caused some damages
Don't get me started. Traveling and when I return my damage pics will have to be taken and a claim made

PSA in the last year has consistently damaged multiple corners and on die cuts the "internal system" disaster they have developed damages the center and edges of numerous items. If I were to guess from a distance== the middle where it juts upwards. Will not know until I get home. I cannot tell from my wife's pics, or see any flipped corners. She says the middle is damaged so I'll believe her

Pisses me off since just 5 exist.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Has the 2002 Chicago National embossing stamp on front, silver foil label 4/5 on back

The low grade is because the Butchers of Santa Ana - aka "unknown PSA party/system" caused some damages
Don't get me started. Traveling and when I return my damage pics will have to be taken and a claim made

PSA in the last year has consistently damaged multiple corners and on die cuts the "internal system" disaster they have developed damages the center and edges of numerous items. If I were to guess from a distance== the middle where it juts upwards. Will not know until I get home. I cannot tell from my wife's pics, or see any flipped corners. She says the middle is damaged so I'll believe her

Pisses me off since just 5 exist.
Be sure to keep us updated...wondering what they do to make it right. Did you take pics before you sent it in?

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Figured I'd show off another 2000's CC Sabathia insert
Been slabbing CC, Bernie, and Ichiro lately
Will move on to others later
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Purchased years ago when I was set building. Knew the instant it got here I had a shortie
But it was authentic so I decided to slab and protect it. Smart of me since slabs were just $5.50 back when
One of those check marks you just have to check off . Pacific has always made great sub sets

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
To keep the thread going ==>

If you look at the 2000 Ultra Swing Kings subset you will find SIX Hall of Famers

Also has the most popular players in the last 30 years in Mark McGwire, a borderline HOF in Nomar , Sammy and Arod
I'd say the subset has it all in terms of great reasons why to collect it
full.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

Thanks Magic! Awesome Griffey!! Glad to find the crash numbered version. Apparently, a standard, non-numbered, autographed version also exists according to BaseballCardPedia. However, I have never seen one.

@joey12508 I enjoy seeing the odds on older inserts. For this set, plain jerseys were about one per hobby case, auto odds are not listed. Nice Bernies, the 40-Man set, such an underrated set.

Members online