Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "There's No Crying in Baseball" Poll

Have you ever cried watching a baseball game?

• YES - Tears of joy or happiness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Jeff N. said:
bradical said:
Watching the replays of the 1999 All-Star game at Fenway when Ted Williams threw out the first pitch. What a moment.

Wasn't that the game where John Henry wheeled him out wearing a baseball cap of his company? The shilling made me ill.

Oddly enough, this was a teary moment as well for me, but I was there, and couldn't see the hat. When I got home, and saw the replays, I got mad.

Oh, and for others that don't know, Jeff means John Henry Williams (Ted's son) and not John Henry, the Sox owner (wasn't the owner at the time, though).

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
I haven't ever cried watching a game. I have gotten goosebumps watching certain games, specifically players that I played with or against making their MLB debuts. Watching Craig Gentry, my juco centerfielder, take his first big league cuts gave me chills. Also, I can say I cried like a baby alone in my apartment the night after I threw my only no-hitter (would have been a PG but had an E behind me) against a team with a high skill level... Seminole, OK, a perennial powerhouse juco club. The game was in Seminole, too, so no homecookin made it more meaningful to me. The next time I faced them, I really should have cried since I gave up a two run jack in the seventh to lose the lead for us in our conference tournament and we lost that game 4-3 and sent us to the loser's bracket. Oh well, no use breaking out the old yearbook and crying over it now.

The only other time I cried that was baseball related was when a freshman on my team had a car wreck and died my senior year. With him being 18 and myself being 22 at the time, we had different friends and he was much closer to the other freshman but being a very talented player, I made it a point to talk to him since it was almost automatic that he was going to be taking over the LF job, I got to know him and he was an unbelievable kid with a spectacular aura about him, always smiling, laughing, but still hustling on the field. I'll always have his initials that I scratched into my last ever game glove that year as a reminder of him. TR.

crosby87

Jul 7, 2009
Pittsburgh
I say no to any crying in baseball, unless special circumstances...Nothing annoys me more then when kids on my and other high school teams cry when they strikeout or have a terrible game/play.

JacobAlastra

Sep 14, 2008
Portland, Oregon
My last game was just before summer, the if we had won we would have gone to the state playoffs. We lost by 1 on some bs calls(well in my opinion). The speech one of our coaches gave us after a gut wrenching loss got me teared up.

J.O. said:
last game of my high school career i shed some tears

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
The only time I've cried, and it was baseball related was in little league when I was part of the league championship team for the 4th year in a row.

I'm just not that hardcore into baseball to cry when watching somebody else do it.

*Actually, I do on occasion get a little teary eyed during the National Anthem right before the game when it's performed well.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I sniffled a little when the Yanks didn't make the playoffs last year.
Alternately, I jumped and screamed very loudly when the Aaron Boone moment rolled around. Some tears were probably coming out.

Anthony

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
White.Sox.Manager.Ossie.jpg

I'll take crying any day.

Members online