Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is more confusing than the difference between Prism and Prismatic...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Rize sounds like the name of a new kind of ******...lol

Totally legit. Type Rize pills in google. They are on the counter of a store I go to on the way to work lol
rize_2_the_occasion-736730.jpg

Attachments

• rize_2_the_occasion-736730.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 51

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Autos are so mass produced by every manufacturer that they are the new base card. I highly doubt this will over-saturate the market to the point of ruin. As far as I'm concerned, this is pretty awesome for a different reason. I would love to start a card manufacturing company, but it's no doubt difficult and expensive unless you have some resources. Leaf provided resources and now this little company has a seat at the kiddie table. Perhaps they can make an impression and eventually move over to the grown-ups table with Topps. If Rize never rizes (I know...lame) to that level, and there's a 99.999999999% chance they won't, then I'll be rooting for someone else to come along and succeed. The hobby (Topps) could use more competition. At the very least Rize has every right to make cards with legit prospects and real autos, and if this is the only way that they can make that happen, then what's so wrong with it?

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Totally legit. Type Rize pills in google. They are on the counter of a store I go to on the way to work lol

HAHAHAHA! Topps had bubble gum, Donruss had puzzles, and Fleer had stickers. Maybe Rize took the sexual enhancer route!

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Huge leaf buyer. Bought one box of razor 4 years ago.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

For full disclosure, Tim, you own a plethora of single autographs from Leaf.

Personally, though, I'm just waiting for any of the previous quotes made by Leaf's representative that I quoted on the first page to be addressed by Leaf.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
For full disclosure, Tim, you own a plethora of single autographs from Leaf.

Personally, though, I'm just waiting for any of the previous quotes made by Leaf's representative that I quoted on the first page to be addressed by Leaf.

As I'm sure you still own Leaf and have bought some "by mistake" recently. You also owned and purchased leaf while railing against them...if our goal is full disclosure.

I won leaf card of about 4 players and of those players, all were phillies and strictly PC. Since there isnt a high demand for them, its fun accumulating.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
As I'm sure you still own Leaf and have bought some "by mistake" recently. You also owned and purchased leaf while railing against them...if our goal is full disclosure.

I won leaf card of about 4 players and of those players, all were phillies and strictly PC. Since there isnt a high demand for them, its fun accumulating.

Back when the Leaf Valiant product first came out, I was a buyer of single May cards. I wasn't railing against them at that time. It was when the purple refractor -- excuse me, prismatic -- back door/sent to the wrong manufacturer/bigboyd having 10 of each issue came out that sent me back off of the Leaf bandwagon. Since then, you're correct, I've agreed not to purchase any Leaf cards.

I bought a press plate recently of Shane Watson on the BO board thinking it was Bowman Chrome. Turned out to be a Leaf card. I literally felt sick when it arrived -- not that I wasted $30, but that I owned this card. That's the only one Ive bought in well over a year -- although your memory may be better than mine, I think I bought another May while trying to keep the prices from falling.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I think "sick" you bought a leaf card is a bit of an overreaction but whatevs.

I dont agree with quite a few things BG has done in the past and now with Rize, recently, but none of it puts him in the company of the scammers and thieves of the hobby.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I literally felt sick.

And I've not said he's a scammer or a thief, or even insinuated it. I'd love to hear his responses to my previous quotes though, as I think Leaf has an issue with veracity.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
How can listings be removed for saying Leaf in the title when the card clearly bears "Leaf" on it as an authenticator AND copyright holder? It would be like PSA having listings removed when people list a PSA certified auto on an official (say, Topps, for example) cards.

If Leaf starts selling Rize 1/1 cards in their online storefront on ebay (that their Leaf v Panini lawsuit denies exists), well, I'll let Professor Farnsworth say it :

images

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
How can listings be removed for saying Leaf in the title when the card clearly bears "Leaf" on it as an authenticator AND copyright holder? It would be like PSA having listings removed when people list a PSA certified auto on an official (say, Topps, for example) cards.

If Leaf starts selling Rize 1/1 cards in their online storefront on ebay (that their Leaf v Panini lawsuit denies exists), well, I'll let Professor Farnsworth say it :

images

Someone else caught the statement that Leaf doesn't have a retail outlet to the public too, huh? :) More veracity problems.

Search for Rize is over 5000 items.
Search for "Leaf Rize" is below, over 3000 items.
rize leaf in Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop | eBay

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
I'm really glad I have a life. If I didn't I would probably worry about stuff like this.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I'm really glad I have a life. If I didn't I would probably worry about stuff like this.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

But yet you have the time to comment :D

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Back when the Leaf Valiant product first came out, I was a buyer of single May cards. I wasn't railing against them at that time. It was when the purple refractor -- excuse me, prismatic -- back door/sent to the wrong manufacturer/bigboyd having 10 of each issue came out that sent me back off of the Leaf bandwagon. Since then, you're correct, I've agreed not to purchase any Leaf cards.

I bought a press plate recently of Shane Watson on the BO board thinking it was Bowman Chrome. Turned out to be a Leaf card. I literally felt sick when it arrived -- not that I wasted $30, but that I owned this card. That's the only one Ive bought in well over a year -- although your memory may be better than mine, I think I bought another May while trying to keep the prices from falling.

How sick did it make you feel to win the free card in the leaf metal giveaway back in November? Getting it free isn't as nauseating as buying it?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I literally felt sick.

And I've not said he's a scammer or a thief, or even insinuated it. I'd love to hear his responses to my previous quotes though, as I think Leaf has an issue with veracity.

If I thought for a second you would take my answer to a question and accept that answer, I would be happy to.

Unfortunately, your true colors precede you and I know better.

I would politely ask you to argue with someone else. I am not going to litter the message boards with arguing between a bored lawyer and myself.

BG

Members online

Latest posts