Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This is more confusing than the difference between Prism and Prismatic...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
So is rize now going to mirrior the one group of players leaf uses in their product? Wouldnt that over saturate the market value on certain players?

As Leaf said:
However, the reason this is a good thing (although no one cares to see this as a positive), Rize is providing base cards for prospects for which we do not care to make an release base cards ourselves,..

So, it's a GOOD thing. Of course, no mention was made of the autographs which, as you asserted above, have now become further watered down. Is that a good thing?

I certainly can't speak for all of the auto cards, but the one player that I collect - Rize also uses the same picture as the other 3 Leaf cards, so there are now Leaf 4 cards all sharing the same autograph and picture. It must also be a GOOD thing.

#purplerefractor
er...

#purpleprismatic

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
If.you.dont.like.it.dont.buy.it.

Cards are better.....MUCH BETTER.....with choices.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
So is rize now going to mirrior the one group of players leaf uses in their product? Wouldnt that over saturate the market value on certain players?

No.. As you can see they have done many players leaf did not utilize..

I would think that 2500 chrome autos, 2000 elite autos, 1000 leaf autos, 2000 USA autos plus perfect game is NOT substantially diluted by 200-400 rize autos..

BG

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

I would think that 2500 chrome autos, 2000 elite autos, 1000 leaf autos, 2000 USA autos plus perfect game is NOT substantially diluted by 200-400 rize autos..

BG

Are there any players with 1000 only in leaf with now 200-400 additional in rize?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

BG

I note you don't want to address the numerous statements you made two months ago.

Your flawed logic above is why you turned me off to your company. "Sure, we'll add 25 more purple refractors (er, prismatics) -- what impact is 25 more cards when there are already 1000 out there". You now have FOUR Leaf brands -- if you had just one, there would have been value to your cards. With four, they sell for half of their Elite brethren, whcih in turn sell for half of the Chrome. Im glad the Witmers of the world are making money from the product, but I don't think too many are.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I note you don't want to address the numerous statements you made two months ago.

Your flawed logic above is why you turned me off to your company. "Sure, we'll add 25 more purple refractors (er, prismatics) -- what impact is 25 more cards when there are already 1000 out there". You now have FOUR Leaf brands -- if you had just one, there would have been value to your cards. With four, they sell for half of their Elite brethren, whcih in turn sell for half of the Chrome. Im glad the Witmers of the world are making money from the product, but I don't think too many are.

Then they arent doing it right...

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
This thread is hysterical...and some people wonder why I equate BG with Ken Goldin....just wait and see...

I don't think anyone's doubted the veracity of the autographs once they're on paper. No one -- at least, I'm not -- accusing Leaf of forging any autographs. The company is much more credible than Score Board.

However, the "Anything for a Buck" mentality shared with Goldin is certainly there.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I don't see the big deal. I like Leaf cards and buy Valiant and Metal. I don't like these so I won't buy them no matter who makes them or what they print on the cards. What I don't understand is why this is such a big deal.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
so one day we could technically see Best of Best Prospects of Sport

Prospect Rush Graded Card
+ Leaf Licensed Rize/Prospect Rush Card
+ Lottery Scratch off from Heroes of Sport

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
I don't see the big deal. I like Leaf cards and buy Valiant and Metal. I don't like these so I won't buy them no matter who makes them or what they print on the cards. What I don't understand is why this is such a big deal.

Because some people, in this case Mr. Loblaw, are always looking for controversy.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
so one day we could technically see Best of Best Prospects of Sport

Prospect Rush Graded Card
+ Leaf Licensed Rize/Prospect Rush Card
+ Lottery Scratch off from Heroes of Sport

Fell out of my chair laughing at this. Morning Humor brought to you by AIC, he will be here all week folks, so join the group breaks and tip the man.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Well, you can make any comparison when you're uninformed and lazy.

i dont agree with this Rize crap but your comparison is wrong.

uninformed and lazy? not quite, junior.

you throw that out as if you know me...and you know what you can do with that opinion, right?

as for BG, I know his type...and his inner-Goldin is starting to shine right on through, especially with all the spin-doctoring going on.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
I don't think anyone's doubted the veracity of the autographs once they're on paper. No one -- at least, I'm not -- accusing Leaf of forging any autographs. The company is much more credible than Score Board.

However, the "Anything for a Buck" mentality shared with Goldin is certainly there.

Goldin wasn't faking autos at the outset, either....but he got there eventually....due to that "anything for a buck" mentality.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Then they arent doing it right...

What's "doing it right"? Lying in auction descriptions and saying Leaf's cards are the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Juicing the auctions to make sure they reach a good price?

Or making sure you're a preferred customer, who perhaps gets his shipments a couple days early, and therefore gets the jump on listing them to take advantage of the gullible, dimwitted ocd cases who JUST HAVE TO be the first to "win" these stupendous cards?

Thrill me with your acumen...

BTW....I'm sure all those guys on ebay who couldn't get $50 combined for 6 or 7 BGS 9.5s of some of the semistar-with-upside prospects will surely benefit from knowing they just did it wrong....because according to PHillyfan, Leafs products are gold..in?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
What's "doing it right"? Lying in auction descriptions and saying Leaf's cards are the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Juicing the auctions to make sure they reach a good price?

Or making sure you're a preferred customer, who perhaps gets his shipments a couple days early, and therefore gets the jump on listing them to take advantage of the gullible, dimwitted ocd cases who JUST HAVE TO be the first to "win" these stupendous cards?

Thrill me with your acumen...

BTW....I'm sure all those guys on ebay who couldn't get $50 combined for 6 or 7 BGS 9.5s of some of the semistar-with-upside prospects will surely benefit from knowing they just did it wrong....because according to PHillyfan, Leafs products are gold..in?

Not me champ. Pretty sure there are a couple of guys on this board who can answer that.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Members online