Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tim Lincecum Private Signing Interest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 13, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
alexs64 said:
PujolsCollector said:
alexs64 said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:
[quote="gonzagacubs":ty81gynt]In less than an hour you went from having a possible signing with Lincecum to not having one at all?

I am going to go ahead and call BS on this one.
Once again, read my last email, if u cannot give us $150 per an item , please don't waste our time
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Why would someone BS about this?

Is it me or is it strange that Thurman spells out EVERY word except the word YOU? THEN uses grammar as bad at this "if u cannot give us $150 per AN item"????? Strange....
Could just be becuase of the phone but it could also be BS

I understand it is a phone and sometimes I do it...but if I am going to short grammar a text I do it on almost all of the words...not the 3 letter one.
I know what your saying, another thing is that guy is supposed to be a proffesional, so he should come across as such.[/quote:ty81gynt]

GiantsSuperDuperCollector didn't post the 25 texts he sent saying, "but my parents will cosign the contract, please, please, pretty please let me do this signing for $25 per ... zomg!!!#!"

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
alexs64 said:
gonzagacubs said:
In less than an hour you went from having a possible signing with Lincecum to not having one at all?

Once again, read my last email, if u cannot give us $150 per an item , please don't waste our time

Is it me or is it strange that Thurman spells out EVERY word except the word YOU? THEN uses grammar as bad at this "if u cannot give us $150 per AN item"????? Strange....

because he made all this up

nice thread giantssupercollector, would read again.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Would you guys be interested in funding me meeting charlie sheen? Its only 700 to go back stage and meet him!

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
boxbreaker44 said:
gonzagacubs said:
In less than an hour you went from having a possible signing with Lincecum to not having one at all?

Thurman sounds like an *******.
I decided it is better to leave him, am trying to get either Pablo or Cahill, if people want lower I can go for some top prospect in the CAL league.

Sounds like HE was the one that blew YOU off.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
jmill88 said:
boxbreaker44 said:
Jeez get off his ass fellas. He was simply seeing if their was any interest in a private signing.

No sh#t. Give the kid a break.

No. He's an obnoxious **** and a liar. Not to mention clueless about business

A_Pharis

And from reading that one e-mail (sent from a blackberry), I would have to assume the conversation went like this:

GSC: "Hey I want to have Lincecum sign at a private signing. How much?"
T: "Who is this? How did you get this e-mail?"
G: "This is <So-and-so> and I own <Some made up name for his "marketing business">, and I want to have a private signing."
T: "Well, I have no idea who you are but we do a base rate of $______ for an appearance at a signing."
G: "What if we did it at a per item basis for so many items?"
T: "Then the base is $150 per flat and <blah for the rest>"
G: "Please is there any way he can do it for less? Please?"
T: *the e-mail we saw*

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Putting advertisements in the middle of the morning paper before you go out on your paper route does not count as a marketing business. :eek: Yeah, I said it :p .

Maybe you do have wads of cash from a business. You wouldn't be the first teenager to do so, but congratulations on your success. It's a shame money can't buy maturity and intelligence.

Glad I got to try n stir the pot before things really go under here. Have a good day, kid.

Jan 15, 2009
For my marketing business, I help local businesses increase their online presence via SEO and social media.

Here is the email for all you non-believers:

Also, what is the point in lying about this? There is none, I was trying to see if there was interest in the signing.

A_Pharis

I'm not saying that you're lying at all... but to elicit that kind of a response -- wow. You had to have been trying to haggle the guy. I can't imagine him jumping to the unprofessional route before a 15 year old.

Also, your description of your business honestly leads me to believe that you joined one of those schemes that give minor pay bonuses to people who go out and spam facebook and fill out consumer surveys for "cash". (And SEO [Search Engine Optimization] , which is basically going to Google, etc and signing up for their Pay-Per-Click service and typing in keywords to return hits.)

Oh, and your "business" e-mail is a g-mail account. With all of your revenue, you can't spring for a placeholder domain to host your e-mail on?

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
that's not a marketing business, that's a low-paying job you're doing for a company that could potentially be viewed as marketing depending on the person

Jan 15, 2009
tikitomoka said:
that's not a marketing business, that's a low-paying job you're doing for a company that could potentially be viewed as marketing depending on the person
Low paying job? I make $27,000 a year annually per each business I work with. Considering I have contracts in place with over 3 companies that is more than $81,000 a year just from doing that. We also run their websites, their advertising budgets, what would you view as marketing then?

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
tikitomoka said:
Low paying job? I make $27,000 a year annually per each business I work with. Considering I have contracts in place with over 3 companies that is more than $81,000 a year just from doing that. We also run their websites, their advertising budgets, what would you view as marketing then?
i don't view increasing their business using social networking as a business, which is what you described your job as above.

Jan 15, 2009
tikitomoka said:
tikitomoka said:
i don't view increasing their business using social networking as a business, which is what you described your job as above.
Then how come there are a bunch of others who do, go over a forum like offlinegoldforum or warriorforum (their offline section) and see how much people make doing this same stuff. You may not see it as a business, but it makes me that kind of money; it doesn't matter to me.

A_Pharis said:
I'm not saying that you're lying at all... but to elicit that kind of a response -- wow. You had to have been trying to haggle the guy. I can't imagine him jumping to the unprofessional route before a 15 year old.

Also, your description of your business honestly leads me to believe that you joined one of those schemes that give minor pay bonuses to people who go out and spam facebook and fill out consumer surveys for "cash". (And SEO [Search Engine Optimization] , which is basically going to Google, etc and signing up for their Pay-Per-Click service and typing in keywords to return hits.)

Oh, and your "business" e-mail is a g-mail account. With all of your revenue, you can't spring for a placeholder domain to host your e-mail on?
You are aware that that isn't SEO that is PPC advertising, SEO is getting them to the top of google results. I had offered $100 per an item first, he then gave me that response. I own the business, I do all the work not filling out weird surveys and stuff.

I run my business e-mail through g-mail since I prefer gmail. I already have a domain for my business, I use Google Apps for it.

Members online