Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Press Release about the Strasburg Mini (sorry)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Jaypers said:
frzg said:
BunchOBull said:
I have a feeling the auction ending in a few hours may not get paid.

Most likely, but one sold for $500 last night.

Prior to this press release.

So?

Doesn't mean the press release is accurate. There are 8 Strasburg minis on ebay. There are easily 1000 minis pulled of every other player already. In my 1st case alone I pulled 3 Heyward minis.

It's either a really short printed card, or collation is terrible and the later cases of A&G will have it as a common SP.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
truman-holding-the-newspaper-with-the-headline-dewey-defeats-truman.jpg

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
You should be able to do a complete mini set out of 3-5 cases. There were 150 cases busted before asingle stras was pulled! Topps has been lying through this whole thing, there is plenty of written proof.

Pharis, do you work for topps? You post in every a&g thread calling victims that were scammed out of thousands of $ crybabies, yet you haven't spent a dime and should have no reason to care? Are you just one of those jealous poor cheapskates that live vicariously through others breaks, androot against them because you are.bitter? I like you hate when people cry about a bad break, but wehave a legit beef here!

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I am not seeing why everyone is confused. It is not an SP but if they do not have the extra variations of course it is going to be a harder pull. It seems pretty clear to me unless I am just missing something.

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
bodiaz said:
You should be able to do a complete mini set out of 3-5 cases. There were 150 cases busted before asingle stras was pulled! Topps has been lying through this whole thing, there is plenty of written proof.

Pharis, do you work for topps? You post in every a&g thread calling victims that were scammed out of thousands of $ crybabies, yet you haven't spent a dime and should have no reason to care? Are you just one of those jealous poor cheapskates that live vicariously through others breaks, androot against them because you are.bitter? I like you hate when people cry about a bad break, but wehave a legit beef here!

And exactly how did Topps lie? Maybe they passed out bad information, but they certainly didn't lie. Do you know the difference?

Nobody was scammed. Anyone who spent all thousands of dollars expecting to pull what they perceived to be a "common" Strasburg mini is a fool. How much could the card have been worth had the collation been proper, as it's alleged it wasn't?

You are making this situation seem a lot worse than it is. The card really should be worth $50. Anyone who opened up 25 cases to pull quite possibly five copies of a $50-75 card is an idiot.

It's like the old saying - if moms never threw away their son's baseball cards in the 1950s and 1960s, they'd be worthless today; hence, if Topps didn't commit what appears to be a collation glitch with the Strasburg, and the idiots who opened 25, 50, 100 cases got their expected allotment of Strasburgs(according to your estimate of 3-5 cases for a full set of minis), they'd have landed 5, 10 or 20, at most - and then they'd be worth $50 (maybe) and not the hundreds they're going for now based on pure speculation.

Topps isn't the first company to give out misinformation and they won't be the last. This product was sold to dealers and distributors way before the possibility of a Stras RC card existed, so there would've been ZERO incentive for them to lie or cheat the public just to sell more cases.

That's the part that truly gets me.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
ATTN: Sheer speculation

My belief is that the Strasburg was printed separately and in equal quantity as the entire run of A&G regular back minis. The problem came in the seeding and stuffing for packs. The Strasburg minis were probably going to be hand-seeded in the already seeded "pack ready" product prior to packing out and someone dropped the ball.

That said, I do believe that we will end up seeing the same amount of Strasburg minis pulled over the course of the full release of this product...sadly, just not in much of the initial packed out product.

I don't believe Topps really has much of an idea as to the card's status.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Crash Davis said:
bodiaz said:

And exactly how did Topps lie? Maybe they passed out bad information, but they certainly didn't lie. Do you know the difference?

Nobody was scammed. Anyone who spent all thousands of dollars expecting to pull what they perceived to be a "common" Strasburg mini is a fool. How much could the card have been worth had the collation been proper, as it's alleged it wasn't?

You are making this situation seem a lot worse than it is. The card really should be worth $50. Anyone who opened up 25 cases to pull quite possibly five copies of a $50-75 card is an idiot.

It's like the old saying - if moms never threw away their son's baseball cards in the 1950s and 1960s, they'd be worthless today; hence, if Topps didn't commit what appears to be a collation glitch with the Strasburg, and the idiots who opened 25, 50, 100 cases got their expected allotment of Strasburgs(according to your estimate of 3-5 cases for a full set of minis), they'd have landed 5, 10 or 20, at most - and then they'd be worth $50 (maybe) and not the hundreds they're going for now based on pure speculation.

Topps isn't the first company to give out misinformation and they won't be the last. This product was sold to dealers and distributors way before the possibility of a Stras RC card existed, so there would've been ZERO incentive for them to lie or cheat the public just to sell more cases.

+10

well said

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Does stuff like this happen a lot? Meaning, certain cards aren't packaged until much later in the print/release schedule? For example, I SWEAR that every box break I watch of 07 UD Black gets better and better, almost like the best was being saved for last.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid....

I guess the one 'good' thing is that everyone who ordered early also paid pre-Strasburg prices.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
bodiaz said:
YYou post in every a&g thread calling victims that were scammed out of thousands of $ crybabies, yet you haven't spent a dime and should have no reason to care? Are you just one of those jealous poor cheapskates that live vicariously through others breaks, androot against them because you are.bitter? I like you hate when people cry about a bad break, but wehave a legit beef here!

How where you scammed? If you pre-ordered AFTER strasburg was announced its your fault for expecting one and paying inflated priced from the distributers. If you pre-ordered before you really have no case since it was never promised as it was a bonus. Did I get one in my couple of boxes no but I am also not trying to recoup the money on these boxes since I knew this happens year after year where the bad boxes are BAD.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Crash Davis said:
bodiaz said:

While much of what you say is true, the distributor cases (which primarily supply internet retailers) do not seem to have this card. It is not fair to those huge buyers that they are receiving inferior product. Glad I didnt buy my product from distributors knowing this. My opinion only as a ginter buyer/collector. Brian

A_Pharis

matchpenalty said:
Crash Davis said:
bodiaz said:

+10

well said

You get a +1 from me, too.
Bodiaz is delusional to the meanings of the words he uses... lie, scam, etc.
No one lied. Collation is just seeded towards runs after the initial run. It's not Topps fault you jumped the gun. Most people should have assumed that there is a timely process that goes into sending the cards to a 3rd party packager to get seeded and boxed. If something is a later add-in.. guess what?

Probably not going to make initial pack-out. Just because something didn't hit first run doesn't make it a lie. They said it'd be in the product and that everyone would have a shot. Both have been met.

A_Pharis

nyc3 said:
bodiaz said:
YYou post in every a&g thread calling victims that were scammed out of thousands of $ crybabies, yet you haven't spent a dime and should have no reason to care? Are you just one of those jealous poor cheapskates that live vicariously through others breaks, androot against them because you are.bitter? I like you hate when people cry about a bad break, but wehave a legit beef here!

How where you scammed? If you pre-ordered AFTER strasburg was announced its your fault for expecting one and paying inflated priced from the distributers. If you pre-ordered before you really have no case since it was never promised as it was a bonus. Did I get one in my couple of boxes no but I am also not trying to recoup the money on these boxes since I knew this happens year after year where the bad boxes are BAD.

Exactly. Bodiaz needs to stop crying to us and take his woes to his distributor for jacking up the prices. Topps didn't set the re-sell price point.

Members online

Latest posts