Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

****************** Tuesday Morning Thread ***********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good afternoon everyone. It is hard for me to imagine a better Andre Dawson collection in the state of Louisiana, but I am going Thursday morning to look at one that might be.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I snagged one of these last night, don't know if his prices are going to go up at all or not...

$%28KGrHqJ,%21n4FIEzuIRf4BSJTSB0pz%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I snagged one of these last night, don't know if his prices are going to go up at all or not...

$%28KGrHqJ,%21n4FIEzuIRf4BSJTSB0pz%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

No starts in 3 seasons and picked up by greenbay 6 weeks ago I can see why he played like he did. I absolutely loved the guy in Seattle. My cousin picked me up his auto on a Seahawks hat as he's good friends with Marcus trufant and a few other current/former Seahawks. Also after moving to Iowa I found it interesting he was a cyclone in college. (Just happens to be the school all my exs family graduated from)

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
After much dialogue with the other Dawson collector, he has decided to list 50 cards a week on eBay with .99 starting bids.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
No starts in 3 seasons and picked up by greenbay 6 weeks ago I can see why he played like he did. I absolutely loved the guy in Seattle. My cousin picked me up his auto on a Seahawks hat as he's good friends with Marcus trufant and a few other current/former Seahawks. Also after moving to Iowa I found it interesting he was a cyclone in college. (Just happens to be the school all my exs family graduated from)

Sent from my iPhone

I'm hoping he picks it up. Didn't spend a large amount on this so I won't be terribly offended if it doesn't go anywhere.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Another shoutout to [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] (hopefully he saw the past two) for sending a Jason Dufner autograph my way.

Zach is one of the absolute best. Thanks again!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Another shoutout to [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] (hopefully he saw the past two) for sending a Jason Dufner autograph my way.

Zach is one of the absolute best. Thanks again!

Glad you got it Dan! Hopefully you don't mind the frame, but it can be easily removed. And yes, I saw the others lol.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Some of yesterdays mail:

Last week I made an offer on 340 card Drew Brees lot. The seller declined my offer and raised the BIN $12. I used my other two offers trying to get the lot for the original BIN and was unsuccessful. I bought the lot for the higher price and messaged the seller that I did not think that was fair. He apologized to me and we got talking and I ended up buying 1,400 Dawson cards from him, 80 Tim Rattay rookies, and what was suppose to be 70 Troy Edwards rookies but he sent Trent Edwards. He also through in some extra Brees rookies. There were two Dawsons in the lot that I did not have:

scan0026.jpg

#06 /50

scan0027.jpg

So bad initial experience turned into a great one.

I bought an 845 card oddball Dawson lot from [MENTION=2659]tpeichel[/MENTION] and received three items I did not have plus this lot was awesome!

On the 1983 Fleer Stamps I had the single, the single with question attached, and the quad, I also have the Vend-A-Strip with Dispenser (not pictured), but did not have the double.

scan0029.jpg

On the 1990 Publication International Stickers I had the two singles, the double, and the quad with Dawson on the bottom, but not the quad with Dawson on top.

scan0030.jpg

Also received an 1989 O-Pee-Chee Sticker back with a different front that I did not have. Thanks Again!

A big thank you to [MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] for the following sheets as I had the sample card but did not have either of the regular cards:

scan0023.jpg

scan0021.jpg

scan0022.jpg

Thank you again everyone for your help with my collection!

how much for the Trent's ?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well I just lost out on a few auctions, but its probably a good thing that I didn't win any of them. One guy was breaking up his 2008 Ginter signed set, which I'm working on, and had them up for auction in lots of 4-9 signed cards with some ending today and some ending tomorrow. The starting bids on them were kinda high at $24.99+ $4 shipping, and I was only willing to purchase one lot for now. One lot did not get a bid and it had signed cards Brian McCann, Chris Young (Pitcher), Chad Billingsley, Kaz MAtsui, Chien-Ming ****, and Takashi Saito. I may message him and see if he will still sell it, but a little cheaper. The Asian players are the tough ones as I don't know how many from the set are still playing in the US anymore

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Afternoon Gents! My first time being able to log into the boards since the maintenance yesterday. Mom in law flies in tonight and will be with us until mid next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online