Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 122 Marquardt vs Okami

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Well I am now back home in Portugal after a crazy week in Germany. Yesterdays fights were crazy. If you thought I had a good Friday just wait till you hear this crap. I called Joey and told him where we would be sitting for the fights. I gave him 2 sections to look for me in since Dana had upgraded our seats. Well the ones Dana gave us were good, but we had a camera man right in front of us and couldn't see crap. So we went up top and watched the Seth fight and the Kyle fight. After the Kyle fight Bruce Buffer said the next fight wouldn't start for another 45 minutes, so I went down across from where the figheters were sitting after their fight and waited for Joey to come out of the locker room. I finally got his attention and he waved me over. I motioned that I didn't have a ticket to get in there and he came and grabbed me and took me into the VIP section :D I sat with Joey, Kyle and Jorge Rivera all night since Sakara got sick and pulled out. I am sure I was on Spike a lot since every time a fighter came out I was right there. As soon as the fighters made that left hand turn during their walkout I would have been right on their left.

I have some many pictures to post it aint even funny. Some other day though. I gotta go hang out with my wife. I have missed her. Ya'll have a good one.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Etanju said:
Well I am now back home in Portugal after a crazy week in Germany. Yesterdays fights were crazy. If you thought I had a good Friday just wait till you hear this crap. I called Joey and told him where we would be sitting for the fights. I gave him 2 sections to look for me in since Dana had upgraded our seats. Well the ones Dana gave us were good, but we had a camera man right in front of us and couldn't see crap. So we went up top and watched the Seth fight and the Kyle fight. After the Kyle fight Bruce Buffer said the next fight wouldn't start for another 45 minutes, so I went down across from where the figheters were sitting after their fight and waited for Joey to come out of the locker room. I finally got his attention and he waved me over. I motioned that I didn't have a ticket to get in there and he came and grabbed me and took me into the VIP section :D I sat with Joey, Kyle and Jorge Rivera all night since Sakara got sick and pulled out. I am sure I was on Spike a lot since every time a fighter came out I was right there. As soon as the fighters made that left hand turn during their walkout I would have been right on their left.

I have some many pictures to post it aint even funny. Some other day though. I gotta go hang out with my wife. I have missed her. Ya'll have a good one.

I am glad you had a good time. Pretty unreal.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Etanju said:

That's awesome dude, I am very happy for you!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Etanju, did Noke say what (who) is next for him? Also any word on McCray (he's not going to get cut is he)? I've saw the interview with J.Rivera saying his next fight will be Bisping in Australia, but now I'm hearing Bisping isn't agreeing to this fight (I actually think he might deserve a better matchup after defeating Akiyama, I know Rivera is coming off of a win over Nate Quarry & is on a 3-Win streak but IMO he has little name recognition & would probably be a step down for Bisping in terms of his quest for a title shot)...I just want to let it be known this is no disrespect to Rivera as I'm a big fan of his, but he's got alot more to gain from fighting Bisping than vicer versa! :D

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Kyle wouldn't know who he is fighting yet, so no he didn't say anything. He was just happy to get a win. I think Bisping is scared to get KO'd by Rivera if he is refusing the fight. If you are a fighter it shouldn't matter who the company puts in front of you. If you are good you will win it doesn't matter either way.

@JZ. Nate doesn't always choke. I don't think you can really call a lose to Sonnen/Okami as choking. I may be biased as he is a friend, but he is always a strong fighter. Sometimes he is the better man, sometimes he isn't.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Etanju said:
Kyle wouldn't know who he is fighting yet, so no he didn't say anything. He was just happy to get a win. I think Bisping is scared to get KO'd by Rivera if he is refusing the fight. If you are a fighter it shouldn't matter who the company puts in front of you. If you are good you will win it doesn't matter either way.

@JZ. Nate doesn't always choke. I don't think you can really call a lose to Sonnen/Okami as choking. I may be biased as he is a friend, but he is always a strong fighter. Sometimes he is the better man, sometimes he isn't.

I didn't say he chokes. I said whenever there's a title shot on the line, he loses. That to me says hes not good enough to be champion.
Which is fine.
Being the 4th best in the world at something is great IMO.
But hes not the best and never will be.

The good thing is he still good enough to beat MOST 185 guys so I wouldnt mind seeing Nate put a dent in bisping or lebens head

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Okay Etanju couldn't/wouldn't post some more photos......

KyleMeandJoey.jpg
Etanju, Kyle, and Joey

MeandBruceBuffer2.jpg
Etanju and Buffer Fight Night

MeandGoranRelijc.jpg
Etanju and Gorjan Relic

MeandJorgeRivera.jpg
Etanju and Jorge Rivera

MeandKrisMcCray.jpg
Etanju and Kris McCray

MeandPascalKrauss.jpg
Etanju and Pascual Krauss

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
JzWand said:
Etanju said:

I didn't say he chokes. I said whenever there's a title shot on the line, he loses. That to me says hes not good enough to be champion.
Which is fine.

The good thing is he still good enough to beat MOST 185 guys so I wouldnt mind seeing Nate put a dent in bisping or lebens head

KENNY FLORIAN.

[/discission]

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Sam Banks said:
JzWand said:
Etanju said:

Which is fine.

KENNY FLORIAN.

You didn't say have to say he choked. Dana White already said as much.......

"He is a choker," White bluntly told reporters following the UFC 122 post-event press conference. "He choked tonight."

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Man it just took me over 3 hours to get all the photos from the weigh-ins loaded and named into a Facebook photo album. I don't even know how long it is going to take to make an album for the actual fights. Thank God I have tomorrow off of work.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Etanju said:
Man it just took me over 3 hours to get all the photos from the weigh-ins loaded and named into a Facebook photo album. I don't even know how long it is going to take to make an album for the actual fights. Thank God I have tomorrow off of work.

It's about time. So is my stuff going in the mail tomorrow? :lol:

Etanju

Jun 28, 2010
Alrighty folks...instead of adding everyone on FB...besides the couple I like and who I have already added...I will just post the links to the albums of the pics from UFC 122. So just follow the links below. Once you check them out stop on by back here and let me know what you think. Have a great night everyone.

Pics With Fighters
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... dbb582a197

The Weigh-Ins
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 8edbb18ee7

The Fights
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... db07c57c16

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Etanju said:
Alrighty folks...instead of adding everyone on FB...besides the couple I like and who I have already added...I will just post the links to the albums of the pics from UFC 122. So just follow the links below. Once you check them out stop on by back here and let me know what you think. Have a great night everyone.

Pics With Fighters
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... dbb582a197

The Weigh-Ins
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 8edbb18ee7

The Fights
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... db07c57c16

Cool pics buddy. Most of the stuff I put up for you already.

Members online

Latest posts