Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Um...pulled this card, how the hell did it sell for 159?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Crazy Red Sox fan. Or set collector. Or someone is dumb and thought they were getting all the cards in the picture.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Let me try to explain. The Red Sox win about 2-3 world series every century. So U better get any game used while U can in your life time.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
In all seriousness, it's set collectors. Those insert sets are usually pretty big every year.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I sold a Wainwright for 179 when the cards won. Pulled another gu from the set and they combined to go for around 300. It's a low numbered set and more than 100 fans of the teams, much less set collectors go for them.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
championMan said:
Let me try to explain. The Red Sox win about 2-3 world series every century. So U better get any game used while U can in your life time.

i don't think these are World Series used. Pretty sure it's just a world series subset with game used items from the player, be it the regular season from whatever year.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Jeez - I just got my $10 box from Blowout in, maybe I should crack it? I was going to deal it to my local shop for an auto or two. What were the odds on those?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Can't imagine how people forget (don't know?) about base Topps here...oh wait, yes I can ::facepalm::

Funny to think how many of these are probably lying in $5 bins

bigpapiMA32 said:
Master set collectors...happens every year.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
Messier2 said:
Do the inserts (non auto/gu) have any interest in to set collectors?

Not really, unless they're short-printed. Own the Game and all those other insert sets aren't really worth more than base.

Do you know which inserts are short printed?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts