Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Some more 1961 Fleer football. Check out the logos! These bring me up to 210 of 220 for the set.
DANNY

Last edited:

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Great addition to your new collection. I look forward to seeing more. He looks like a third base coach putting up the stop sign!
DANNY

Thanks. I think its a cool looking card. Cant wait to pick up some more. Three more should be here next week.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
VERY nice mail day! T210's, 51 Bowman and other old Cubs. Looking great on your collection.
DANNY

Yea, it was one heck of a mail day. Everything came in all at once. Should have the last two 51 Bowman cards for my team set on the way. I have most of the 52 ones I need coming as well.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I really enjoyed putting together the 1951 & 52 Yankee sets. I loved the pictures showing the uniforms, equipment and backgrounds on them. Looking forward to your completion of the 51 Cubs. Which was the most expensive card in the 51 Cub team set?
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I really enjoyed putting together the 1951 & 52 Yankee sets. I loved the pictures showing the uniforms, equipment and backgrounds on them. Looking forward to your completion of the 51 Cubs. Which was the most expensive card in the 51 Cub team set?
DANNY

Forrest Burgess and Frank Frisch were the ones that cost the most. It wasn't too bad over all. I have some expensive Ernie Banks cards I will need for some of my team sets eventually. I am trying to finish up the Bowman ones before I tackle the Topps team sets from the 50's.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Smokey Burgess was a tough card for me to find for my set at a decent price. He was one of the best pinch hitters ever.
DANNY

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Got several nice cards in the mail today. First up is Smoky Burgess to finish up my 51 Bowman team set. Next I got my first T206 featuring a Cub player Orval Overall. Lastly after getting a lot of early 50's Bowman baseball I have really grew fond of these cards. So I picked up a small lot of 51 Bowman football. I have been wanting to build a football set and I think I may got after this one as I really like the art work on them and its not a huge set.

10-4-13Cubs1.jpgT206 Orval Overall sweet corporal.jpg10-4-13 51 Bowman FB.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Got several nice cards in the mail today. First up is Smoky Burgess to finish up my 51 Bowman team set. Next I got my first T206 featuring a Cub player Orval Overall. Lastly after getting a lot of early 50's Bowman baseball I have really grew fond of these cards. So I picked up a small lot of 51 Bowman football. I have been wanting to build a football set and I think I may got after this one as I really like the art work on them and its not a huge set.

View attachment 23907View attachment 23908View attachment 23909
Great mail day and excellent additions to your collection. Have fun with the 51 football set!
DANNY

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts