Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~~ Wednesday Morning Thread ~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yep.

Used to be MUCH cheaper to collect Dawson.

You have a whole new group of people that only collect players if they are in the hof.

Here is what I'm fighting with...

You know with a 99.9% certainty that Maddux is going to get into the HOF... why wouldn't you just buy up all his sh!t and then flip it after the election then? I mean at some level you have to think the value in his stuff is baking in that he is a future HOF, right?

It's like stocks... the value of a stock should be baking in all publicly available information and any upside would be the unforeseen, etc.

Anyways, sorry for the rant... just find it funny that now all the sudden Maddux cards on COMC will go up in ask? LOL!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Ugh, test over... Now I'll never know how I did, unless one day, in a years time, I get a called from someone from jeopardy telling me I have an in person audition. That's right, they don't give you your score, or tell you how you did.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good evening all.

'Bout to run down to the PO and drop a bill in the mail. Then I'm heading back here to dig through boxes to find one stupid book :-x

I shouldn't call it stupid I guess... It certainly won't be that way once it gets inked.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Hope everyone is enjoying their evening!

I'll post the best of what I still own ;)

Joins these fellas today (thanks MT!)

The next DH who should be in the HOF
IMG_20120410_165313.jpg

Pulled this

Awesome cards!

Morning all, trying out for Jeopardy tonight for my second time...guess it didn't work out so well last time, as I didn't get a call, hoping this time will be different

Hope your test went well!

For the benefit of @Hawk8 (and because I like showing off) :D

I was truly amazed by my MTSS gift this year!

I will get some proper scans up in a bit, but first I wanted to take some pics to show the time/creativity that Dustin @Hawk8 put into the presentation of my gift...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Alrighty, here are the real scans as promised...may I say once again that @Hawk8 Dustin did an outstanding job!

CubsGreatsCustom.jpg

2006 Greats of the Game Cubs Greats Memorabilia #BW Billy Williams Jsy

2Custom.jpg

2001 SP Legendary Cuts Game Jersey #JBW Billy Williams Jsy

3Custom.jpg

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Autograph Reverse #105 Billy Williams 34/75

TOTTJerseyAutoCustom.jpg

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Autograph Jersey #105 Billy Williams 143/150

4Custom.jpg

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Swatch Double #101 Andre Dawson B-J 03/50

TOTT1-1Custom.jpg

2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Jersey Black #101 Andre Dawson

Not sure if anyone guessed from my earlier pics, but the last one is a 1/1 :eek::shock::eek::shock:

The thing that really blew me away is that every one of these cards was one that I did not already have in my collection. The 2 Billy Williams TOTTs have eluded me several times, and I had never even seen the Dawson swatch double /50. The 1/1 came from the collector in LA who is selling out (and Dustin is buying out :lol:) and I am incredibly humbled that he would concede a 1/1 to a fellow collector. :oops:

So happy you enjoyed the cards! It was a real treat to put them together, but I must admit it was a little tough to part with the Dawson cards, but I know they went to a good home to someone that will enjoy them as much as I would.

Once again, amazing job @Hawk8!! Beautiful cards and presentation

Thank you, I was honored to be included in the MTSS this year. I will try to get some scans up in tomorrow's thread of what I received. I do not know who I received from so I do not know who to thank.

Yep.

Used to be MUCH cheaper to collect Dawson.

You have a whole new group of people that only collect players if they are in the hof.

I can confirm this. Collecting Dawson used to be much more affordable before he was elected into the Hall.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Here is my MTSS and what I have bought from the Dawson collector selling his collection that I have yet to scan and post. I have not been able to buy much from him from his last two lots because for some reason his auctions have started going for more than I even think they should be going for so I don't know how much more I will be getting from him.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1389231640.799788.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Thinking I'm going to build a website for my PC, as opposed to keeping it in photobucket. I see the sites some of you have built, and think they look great. I used to have a generic site, but it was a pain. Want something where I can keep an updated have list and scans in the same place. Just gotta figure out how to go about it.

I havent done the list yet, but its on my to do list. Appearantly GoogleDocs is the way to go. Nick did it for his Biggios, so I could too I suppose. And once its up, I can make a button for it and link it off my sites main splash page.

So you have two things to do.

1. Make your list.

2. Build a site.

Its not hard, especially since I was able to do it. I am no photoshop wizard. I used Paint and Paint.net to make all of my Icons and logos, and used webpagemaker as my page program. And Jalbum for my scans. All you gotta do is get a domain name, and then a host. From there you can create! PM if you have any more specific questions.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Here is my MTSS and what I have bought from the Dawson collector selling his collection that I have yet to scan and post. I have not been able to buy much from him from his last two lots because for some reason his auctions have started going for more than I even think they should be going for so I don't know how much more I will be getting from him.

View attachment 28238

Some of the new ones that don't end for several days are already too high in my opinion.

I feel like something is starting to happen with his auctions, because I'm seeing ids that I don't see bid on other Dawson stuff.

Thankfully I'm broke so it doesn't matter.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Some of the new ones that don't end for several days are already too high in my opinion.

I feel like something is starting to happen with his auctions, because I'm seeing ids that I don't see bid on other Dawson stuff.

Lol that's what I was thinking. Keep missing the ending of his 2005 sweet spot autos auctions.. Going pretty cheap IMO @ $12.00 per. Seen at least 4 though.. How many did he have?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Lol that's what I was thinking. Keep missing the ending of his 2005 sweet spot autos auctions.. Going pretty cheap IMO @ $12.00 per. Seen at least 4 though.. How many did he have?
Not sure.

There are a few things that have gone for criminally low prices that I would've bid on, but wasn't paying attention.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Im under the same feeling, the last two groups and this current one have been way out of whack. There are so many new bidders on his auctions. I haven't been able to work at my second lately due to my illness and put Christmas spending on top of that and I just bought a new vehicle, I don't have much money to spend on his auctions right now either. I did win 3 1/1s and a /5 auto out of his last group.

He had a ton of Sweet Spot autos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts