Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~~ Wednesday Morning Thread ~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Great to know he is still in contact.

How exactly does it work?

Hey Chas!
It streams what ever is on your Chrome browser via wifi. It also will use your computer/tablet/smartphone as a remote for sites like pandora, youtube, netflix, hulu, and others and pulls content right off the internet. It's a little dongle that plugs into the HDMI on any TV. Not currently available in Canada, so big thanks to Dave.
(to get around Canadian restrictions, I have to buy a new wifi router sometime)

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Nice to see the Frank Thomas cards you posted Jesse :) Are you parting with a lot of your stuff? If so, you know which card I would give a good home too ;)
Hey Alex
Not any more. Haven't bought or sold anything for over a year now. Except for a few blasters.

I'm going to see what prices are like now that he's in the HOF. I don't regret selling anything since it bought my camera.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Hey Chas!
It streams what ever is on your Chrome browser via wifi. It also will use your computer/tablet/smartphone as a remote for sites like pandora, youtube, netflix, hulu, and others and pulls content right off the internet. It's a little dongle that plugs into the HDMI on any TV. Not currently available in Canada, so big thanks to Dave.
(to get around Canadian restrictions, I have to buy a new wifi router sometime)
So, it will only stream what is playing in your Chrome browser, correct?

If I have avi and mp4 files saved on my HDD, it won't do me any good?

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Hello everyone. Got carried away with scanning and missed an auction. The only thing that worse than missing an auction is when it ends for half of what you are willing to pay. Oh well, Topps will make more.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
So, it will only stream what is playing in your Chrome browser, correct?

If I have avi and mp4 files saved on my HDD, it won't do me any good?
When you have Chrome open, hit Ctrl+O and open the video file. We watched some HD earlier. I'd say the video is acceptable. I just found out today that Chrome plays video files. You can also use Google Play Music and Movies, and 3rd party apps, real player cloud and plex.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/chrom...utm_source=chromecast.com&utm_medium=referral
Only you can judge though how much the convenience is worth the quality.

You can change the quality from 720p high bitrate, 720p and 480p. We have a very new Windows 8 laptop so the extreme bitrate isn't bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts