Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What you can purchase for around $14K - updated randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Re: What you can purchase for around 14K - updated randomly

A couple of more items:

1961GPJFoxxJSA.jpg

1961 Golden Press Jimmie Foxx - $983.25

As mentioned when I first posted the card (the "best pickups of 2009" thread), getting a Foxx signature was my main hobby goal for 2009. The signature looks nicer in person than it does in the scan. It's JSA certified, but I'll probably be sending it in to PSA/DNA for slabbing since I already have a Hornsby and Sewell Golden Press cards signed by them (and a Lefty Grove that I need to get slabbed as well).

Since it's sold, I'll post this as well:

1997SSSKBryant.jpg

It was part of the same lot as the Jumbo Rodriguez above. It sold in less than 2 hours when listed. :)

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Wow- drooling over that Red sox team signed ball. What a cool piece. With the Golden Greek! Nice pickup!
Thanks for the scans.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Certainly possible. Who knows, when I sell of the 14,000 plus autographed cards, I may buy 1 or more of them. :)

dano7 said:
PSA 4 1952 Topps Mantle could be had for $14K.
DANNY

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
You'll love the next 3 balls I have to post then (if I can ever get good pics of them).

dano7 said:
I'm impressed with the baseballs, also. Nice+++++ collection.
DANNY

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Well, while I try to get pictures take of the 3 other autographed balls that I picked up, I figured I'd at least post the 2 of the "big" cards from the purchases:

1948HOFExhibitsECollinsPSADNA9.jpg

1948HOFExhibitsHDuffy.jpg

I paid $1026.52 for each. While I could have probably picked up signed cuts or contracts of either of them and tried to have cut cards made for around the same price, the fact that I was able to get them on actual cards (Post Cards really, but I'm not going to split hairs) was worth it. I have only seen a couple of signed cards or card like items of Duffy, and there was only about a 2 and a half year window for Collins to have signed his card. I hadn't expected to be able to add either of them to my HOF autograph collection this year, but when the opportunity was there, I had to take it. Plus it settles who I'll send my Clark Griffith signed HOF Exhibits card into for slabbing.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Thanks. The only other signed Duffy card I've seen was a *** certified tobacco card (I want to say Old Judge, but can't be certain). I was targeting the Collins specifically because of the gorgeous fountain pen signature, but when the Duffy was within range, I had to get it as well.

The fact that Duffy only has 6 signed cuts cards doesn't hurt (not that Collins has all that many either).

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Sean_C said:
Thanks. The only other signed Duffy card I've seen was a *** certified tobacco card (I want to say Old Judge, but can't be certain). I was targeting the Collins specifically because of the gorgeous fountain pen signature, but when the Duffy was within range, I had to get it as well.

The fact that Duffy only has 6 signed cuts cards doesn't hurt (not that Collins has all that many either).
:::blink blink:::

:shock:

By any chance did you save the picture of that one, Sean?

BTW - Fantastic pickups, can't wait to see the rest! Lovin' that Foxx auto :)

brumbach

scotty21690 said:
Sean_C said:

:::blink blink:::

:shock:

By any chance did you save the picture of that one, Sean?

BTW - Fantastic pickups, can't wait to see the rest! Lovin' that Foxx auto :)

Scotty, it was a Mayo Plug, I might still have the scan saved. I'll check later on tonight when I'm on my PC and not the wife's laptop. It sold in REA 2005 and Lifson might still have an image archived with the auction results also.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Bill is right, it was a Mayo Cut. Here is a link to the auction

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auc ... 5/622.html

and the image:

Item_2213_1.jpg

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
No problem. Thanks to Bill for reminding me that it wasn't an OJ but a Mayo. The amount of signed cards available for either of them are few and far between (although now that I have these, I'm expecting someone to offer up some signed 1950 Callahans or something like that to make me feel like a fool).

scotty21690 said:
WOW that card is amazing!!!!

Thanks for the pic/link, Sean.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Sean_C said:
You'll love the next 3 balls I have to post then (if I can ever get good pics of them).

I still haven't been able to get pictures of the baseballs yet, but I did want to update the thread with a few items, at least some of the items that I've been able to move:

1981FTThreat1.jpg

1998DCCTAFThomas.jpg

buttars

Mar 16, 2010
1 - Blame Brown because he sent me a link to this thread. ::facepalm::
2 - Hey Brumbach and Sean! :D
3 - Love the pick-ups but please for the love of God, do not cut up the Stokes but...
4 - if you do, let me know. Still need one for my BKB HOF auto collection :twisted:

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
buttars said:
1 - Blame Brown because he sent me a link to this thread. ::facepalm::
2 - Hey Brumbach and Sean! :D
3 - Love the pick-ups but please for the love of God, do not cut up the Stokes but...
4 - if you do, let me know. Still need one for my BKB HOF auto collection :twisted:

Sean, that is some Great, Great stuff!! You da Man!

Holy ice cubes Batman, it's the used igloo salesman!
Good to see your still alive Ty!! I hope all is well with you.

Brown? Where is that Young Grasshopper?? I still need to get to a mudhens game with him!

Members online

Latest posts