Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where the crap did the Razor logo at the top go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
matfanofold said:
I'm not so sure this is a good or bad thing. And furthermore, I fail to see how removing one's advert and direct association(s) with the forum that practicly created him is going to allow for less insight in to his dealings, good or bad. I personally think it's another immature and unprofessional attempt at releasing the moore lines to what was his stability, and in a round about way blaming the community and it's 'grass roots' for it's negative spotlight (if I am reading cgilmos post correctly)...

Actually not directly, but rather indirectly. The inkworks incident taught razor that getting too close to any online community is a bad idea.

I assume this means he thinks that if he were not close to us, then we would not have blew up his spot? I'm not sure how else this could be understood. Glad to see, once again, he is totally avoiding any personal blame and directing it off and on to something other than his action(s).

Personally, I'm glad to see him leave, and I do wish him well. But, understanding how you, and this community helped him, the least he could do if fly his flag atop of the FCB.

Or.... Did you want it to be gone?

it was a mutual decision

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Card Magnet said:
Therion said:
He'll be back.

The one aspect I don't understand is that he says Razor is different. For the last several months he has done his best to imitate every other company. The first 2008 product was different because of exclusives but what is setting him apart now?
Speaking of different, is it me or did 08 Razor look like early 2000's Donruss Classics?

I did like that Razor had some interaction here with everyday users. I never saw Topps, UD, Donruss, etc. doing that. It kind of impressed me. I can understand their need to branch out. It would be nice to see them still spend some one on one time here.

we had an UD rep, when we were all on beckett. If you thought things went bad with Razor, you should have seen UDfootballbaseball take a beating. Another site also has a UD rep very active as well as DR. Price, the owner of In the Game.

So does Razor sales start to drop?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Card Magnet":e7ije1c7]
Therion said:
He'll be back.

The one aspect I don't understand is that he says Razor is different. For the last several months he has done his best to imitate every other company. The first 2008 product was different because of exclusives but what is setting him apart now?
Speaking of different, is it me or did 08 Razor look like early 2000's Donruss Classics?

I did like that Razor had some interaction here with everyday users. I never saw Topps, UD, Donruss, etc. doing that. It kind of impressed me. I can understand their need to branch out. It would be nice to see them still spend some one on one time here.

we had an UD rep, when we were all on beckett. If you thought things went bad with Razor, you should have seen UDfootballbaseball take a beating. Another site also has a UD rep very active as well as DR. Price, the owner of In the Game.

So does Razor sales start to drop?[/quote:e7ije1c7]

this does not change my buying habits one bit

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
cgilmo said:
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Card Magnet":1htrtwcf]
Therion said:
He'll be back.

So does Razor sales start to drop?

this does not change my buying habits one bit[/quote:1htrtwcf]

maybe not yours, but what about other peoples, who started to support and buy Razor products because they were on this board? Out of sight, out of mind? I know the board were Dr Brian Price posts, those guys are in absolute love with In The Game.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
This is a win-win situation. Hopefully FCB will no longer be branded as the "Razor Board" and Razor will start to be viewed as a more professional card company. I liked that Brian listened to us, but IMHO he listened too much and got caught up in a couple bad ideas.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
ru4scuba said:
This is a win-win situation. Hopefully FCB will no longer be branded as the "Razor Board" and Razor will start to be viewed as a more professional card company. I liked that Brian listened to us, but IMHO he listened too much and got caught up in a couple bad ideas.

This is how I see it as well.

good post Talley.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I don't like the move at all. It is one of the things I really like about this board and made it my new favorite site since beckett blew it. I think it in fact helps sales of his product and created a buzz about what is coming up next. I know it's a little different, but the Spawn board run by Todd McFarlane is super popular with those collector's. Todd and the people who work for that company are on the board. The take tons of heat all the time. But it also helps with creating a buzz when they give hints about new figures coming out ect.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
matchpenalty said:
I don't like the move at all. It is one of the things I really like about this board and made it my new favorite site since beckett blew it. I think it in fact helps sales of his product and created a buzz about what is coming up next. I know it's a little different, but the Spawn board run by Todd McFarlane is super popular with those collector's. Todd and the people who work for that company are on the board. The take tons of heat all the time. But it also helps with creating a buzz when they give hints about new figures coming out ect.
Razor should create a forum on their own website perhaps.

I know that website needs a lot of work and a forum is the least of their concern.

Either way, all indications are that it was mutual and personally I believe that Razor was getting a flat out bargain at $100/month for the few months they were here. That's the cheapest publicity they'll find anymore.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
matchpenalty said:
Razor should create a forum on their own website perhaps.

I know that website needs a lot of work and a forum is the least of their concern.

Either way, all indications are that it was mutual and personally I believe that Razor was getting a flat out bargain at $100/month for the few months they were here. That's the cheapest publicity they'll find anymore.

They bought in here early

header ads aren't that cheap anymore.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
1) Razor forum on Razor website a very good idea but might be time consuming.
2) Best think for Razor is to distance iteslef from the board. Not bashing the board but Razor was trying to react too quickly and satisfy idea after idea that were being thrown to them. People had own agenda (wanted their favorite guys in checklists, wanted their type of product made, wanted their design, etc) and were very pushy/ excited about getting products passed out ASAP. Razor constantly had at least one falw with each product caused by "the rushing." (ie trapped auto look for Sig Series, non serial # on base Letterman, same design for Metal as Sig, bags that couldn't fit in box for Oval, saying 'Yes' to pitcom idea then backing out). If the rush wasn't there, mistakes not happening. Partial blame the board, partial blame Razor wanting the $$$ as quickly as possible.
Razor will be a better company without the board. I truly think that. They could focus 100% on their product, not be rushed, and not get some bad advice from others as far as what should be done and which guys to be included.

I took a chance on Razor, loss my butt, but have learned my lesson. Quit busting wax! Just but the cards you want.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
2) Best think for Razor is to distance iteslef from the board. Not bashing the board but Razor was trying to react too quickly and satisfy idea after idea that were being thrown to them. People had own agenda (wanted their favorite guys in checklists, wanted their type of product made, wanted their design, etc) and were very pushy/ excited about getting products passed out ASAP. Razor constantly had at least one falw with each product caused by "the rushing." (ie trapped auto look for Sig Series, non serial # on base Letterman, same design for Metal as Sig, bags that couldn't fit in box for Oval, saying 'Yes' to pitcom idea then backing out). If the rush wasn't there, mistakes not happening. Partial blame the board, partial blame Razor wanting the $$$ as quickly as possible.
Razor will be a better company without the board. I truly think that. They could focus 100% on their product, not be rushed, and not get some bad advice from others as far as what should be done and which guys to be included.

I took a chance on Razor, loss my butt, but have learned my lesson. Quit busting wax! Just but the cards you want.
Not a single "issue" that you mentioned was caused by rushing...but follow-through and concept.

You've made a consistent point about Razor not "rushing", but that was never a problem.

Either way...hopefully we'll get their PR releases just like every other company.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
200lbhockeyplayer said:
kentuckyderby said:

Not a single "issue" that you mentioned was caused by rushing...but follow-through and concept.

You've made a consistent point about Razor not "rushing", but that was never a problem.

Either way...hopefully we'll get their PR releases just like every other company.

I have no problem with them doing a PR release on here prior to other outlets, but this shouldn't be the only source.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
chrome_ball said:
I like the move and will stop referring to FCB as the "Razor Board".

Is the Razor Development subforum going to stay?

I don't know why it would. Most of us couldn't even post on it.
I do like the idea of them having their own message board on the Razor Official site. With this site no longer being the main outlet for them. Only makes sense for them. Drive more traffic to the official Razor site and showcase new upcoming products, have exclusive type offers for members there.. Do their own market type research polls. One cool thing the McFarlane board has is you call the shot. Where they would make a list of player's they were considering for an upcoming release and whoever won the poll they put in that future line up. Razor could do that type of stuff on there own site. Anytime a company has it's main people active on a message board it will be popular. Have daily when warranted type company updates. Give people reasons to check it a lot.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
kentuckyderby said:

With all due respect, I disagree and think that Razor did say some of the misatkes due to rushing and time.
Razor admitted that they wish they could have redesigned the Sig Series and not have trapped auto look....but ran out of time
Razor admitted that they wish they could have created new boxes for the Oval Office (new boxes very cheap compared to $1500+ price of product) but that they were on a tight time schedule
Razor admitted that they dropped ball by not having time to add serial # to /50 Letterman
Razor admitted that maybe they rushed Metal without quality control of the O/C cards

So, I'm not sure if you are saying that they didn't rush or if you are saying that the fact that they made mistakes weren't because of the rush

Either way, I still think Razor makes less mistakes down the road

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
He'll be back.

I bought plenty of Sig Series
but I didn't buy Razor because "they were thinking out of the box" because I didn't think many of their "innovative ideas" were really that unique at all

I was often confused when people used that term and synomyms to describe the products. They were heavily influenced by already produced ideas

Excellent post Therion

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Good decision and for the right reasons.

First and foremost, the disassociation helps FCB due to the belief by some outside of FCB that FCB was Razor's board. Owned and managed by Razor or those closely associated.

It's also good for Razor as it allows them to "play like the big boys do" and sponsoring newsgroups is a "low rent" marketing tool.

Of course, what Chris isn't telling you is that due to the thousands of lost revenue dollars each month due to Razor pulling its logo, FCB members will have to pay $50/month for access.

Oh wait...it was only $500 for the 5 months? Scratch the idea above...everyone go about their business and daily routine.

The fact that the Razor forum (private for the first 6 months) was created just days after the FCB board was made makes it clear that there was more of a connection between FCB and Razor than let's say FCB and AtlSC or DA Cardworld.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
cgilmo said:
The time has come for razor to employ traditional public relations methods. They are adopting a system currently in place at other manufacturers and will distribute information through proper channels instead of on a message board. The relationship between FCB and Razor has not soured, however there will be some changes in the way information is handled. We will still maintain a relationship with Brian Gray and the razor company, however it will be one more in line with established industry standards.

There is a reason the larger manufacturers distribute information the way they do. We wish Razor the best of luck in their future endeavors.

Chris you will be proud of me here.I wish them well in their future projects.
Mike

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
kentuckyderby said:
Therion said:
He'll be back.

I bought plenty of Sig Series
but I didn't buy Razor because "they were thinking out of the box" because I didn't think many of their "innovative ideas" were really that unique at all

I was often confused when people used that term and synomyms to describe the products. They were heavily influenced by already produced ideas

Excellent post Therion

I bought Razor because of the exclusivity and the fact that all four of my PC guys were in the product. I would not have bought any of it if it was just another prospect product. I buy Bowman Draft regardless.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
The fact that the Razor forum (private for the first 6 months) was created just days after the FCB board was made makes it clear that there was more of a connection between FCB and Razor than let's say FCB and AtlSC or DA Cardworld.

Topps has their own as well. No one uses it but it has been there almost since day 1.

Members online

Latest posts