Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where the crap did the Razor logo at the top go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
kentuckyderby said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Good decision and for the right reasons.

First and foremost, the disassociation helps FCB due to the belief by some outside of FCB that FCB was Razor's board. Owned and managed by Razor or those closely associated.

It's also good for Razor as it allows them to "play like the big boys do" and sponsoring newsgroups is a "low rent" marketing tool.

Of course, what Chris isn't telling you is that due to the thousands of lost revenue dollars each month due to Razor pulling its logo, FCB members will have to pay $50/month for access.

Oh wait...it was only $500 for the 5 months? Scratch the idea above...everyone go about their business and daily routine.

The fact that the Razor forum (private for the first 6 months) was created just days after the FCB board was made makes it clear that there was more of a connection between FCB and Razor than let's say FCB and AtlSC or DA Cardworld.

please quit trying to start trouble

sraxe

Dec 2, 2008
Ok, so where was the press release for the gold parallels on eBay if they are taking a new course? What can we expect when they haven't even updated their website? If they don't beat their own drum, who outside of this board will even know they exist? I don't get Beckett but does anyone know if they have spent one dime on advertising other than this board?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
sraxe said:
Ok, so where was the press release for the gold parallels on eBay if they are taking a new course? What can we expect when they haven't even updated their website? If they don't beat their own drum, who outside of this board will even know they exist? I don't get Beckett but does anyone know if they have spent one dime on advertising other than this board?
All of Razor's contact information is easily accessible on their website.

From phone numbers, to email addresses...they won't bite.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
cgilmo said:
kentuckyderby said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Good decision and for the right reasons.

First and foremost, the disassociation helps FCB due to the belief by some outside of FCB that FCB was Razor's board. Owned and managed by Razor or those closely associated.

It's also good for Razor as it allows them to "play like the big boys do" and sponsoring newsgroups is a "low rent" marketing tool.

Of course, what Chris isn't telling you is that due to the thousands of lost revenue dollars each month due to Razor pulling its logo, FCB members will have to pay $50/month for access.

Oh wait...it was only $500 for the 5 months? Scratch the idea above...everyone go about their business and daily routine.

The fact that the Razor forum (private for the first 6 months) was created just days after the FCB board was made makes it clear that there was more of a connection between FCB and Razor than let's say FCB and AtlSC or DA Cardworld.

please quit trying to start trouble
In the words of South Park...
"Rabble Rabble Rabble"

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
bouwob said:
kentuckyderby said:

Topps has their own as well. No one uses it but it has been there almost since day 1.

Bouwob --- Where is the Topps Forum?

Gilmore ---- Wasn't starting trouble at all. It isn't even a controversial statement. All I was saying is that the fact that the private Razor forum and FCB both were launched within days shows some closer bond/plan/idea/concept was there. It wasn't like the regular board existed for quite some time and then Razor became sponsor. Both creations went hand in hand

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
bouwob said:
kentuckyderby said:

Topps has their own as well. No one uses it but it has been there almost since day 1.

Gilmore ---- Wasn't starting trouble at all. It isn't even a controversial statement. All I was saying is that the fact that the private Razor forum and FCB both were launched within days shows some closer bond/plan/idea/concept was there. It wasn't like the regular board existed for quite some time and then Razor became sponsor. Both creations went hand in hand

Now that is interesting.... possibly financial backer?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
:::waving bye bye to the FCB Razor forums:::

I see the Razor forums are no longer there as well. While I realize that FCB wishes to distance itself from Razor to let them do their own thing, and that Brian and Adam no longer post here, there were some great ideas and discussion to be had on that forum regardless, even though only a select few posted there.

Can't say I support this decision, but I do understand why it was done.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: :::waving bye bye to the FCB Razor forums:::

excel_B said:
What had happened? I was away in business trip all week...

EDIT: Nevermind, I see my thread was merged into this sticky.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I haven't read the whole thread, but this is sad, because a lot of users lost the chance of being part of something important and it is my suspicion that Razor will not do as well without their constant input here.

This was a golden opportunity for Brian Gray. Unfortunately, his personality is such that does not lend itself to message boards. Trust me, I know. :cool:

To do this over again, I think it would had been advisable for Brian to post news releases only and have an underling in his office field questions/chat with the users. I am well aware that Brian's incredulous hands on involvement with FCB caused a lot of illwill toward his product; his attitude and response to many questions and users was not that of a customer service department.

Personally, I wish the man and his company the best of luck. He's living the dream.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

:shock:

So this was the only place they would issue news about upcoming products? Lets try to establish a a place in the hobby... but.... we issue all our news to a group of only 300-400 active members. If this is true.... huge rookie mistake.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
kentuckyderby said:
bouwob said:
kentuckyderby said:

I think it is a safe assumption that the Topps Forum is hidden, much like how RAZOR was until they made it public to some.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="Card Magnet":32az551l]
Therion said:
He'll be back.

The one aspect I don't understand is that he says Razor is different. For the last several months he has done his best to imitate every other company. The first 2008 product was different because of exclusives but what is setting him apart now?
Speaking of different, is it me or did 08 Razor look like early 2000's Donruss Classics?

I did like that Razor had some interaction here with everyday users. I never saw Topps, UD, Donruss, etc. doing that. It kind of impressed me. I can understand their need to branch out. It would be nice to see them still spend some one on one time here.

we had an UD rep, when we were all on beckett. If you thought things went bad with Razor, you should have seen UDfootballbaseball take a beating. Another site also has a UD rep very active as well as DR. Price, the owner of In the Game.

So does Razor sales start to drop?[/quote:32az551l]

See Letterman, Razor.

As an aside, what was the Inkworks issue? I missed it.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008

P_Manning 18 said:
:shock:

So this was the only place they would issue news about upcoming products? Lets try to establish a a place in the hobby... but.... we issue all our news to a group of only 300-400 active members. If this is true.... huge rookie mistake.
Exactly. They should have created their own community on their own website, that way they have control of comments, announcements, etc. Doing it here, not a good idea.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA

I continually fail to understand why things always seem to be 'all or nothing' with Razor. While it's undoubtedly wise to have a more professional and organized method of releasing information than posting on a message board, I don't get why Brian feels the need to go to the extreme of not posting here, especially after introducing Adam only a week or two ago. There has to be some type of middle ground that would allow both for press releases and for posting here. To each their own I suppose. I still look forward to future Razor products, but I'm certainly less enthusiastic about their products, from a collector's standpoint, after seeing some of their recent actions.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:

Brian bought a huge lot of 18000 or so card from Inkworks. He is releasing Razor Ink Archives in May. 1 Auto per pack in a Ultra Pro holder. Price was cheap at $65-70 a box for 5 packs. I had a case preordered... told the guy Id take anything up to a case.

Well Brian decided to take some of the hits from the product and sell under another name (wwwaitesaxcom) and once it was found out.... he quickly pulled all he had listed.

The info about the ink Archives was released Friday (March 27th).... The info about him selling the better autos was Wednesday... so that pretty much killed any hope of me busting his product.

So lets say Evangeline Lilly had 30 autos in the lot.... he lists 4-5 using his name and sells them for $70 per. And when the product hits in 5 weeks or so.... 15 quickly hit ebay.... with the market flooded... they sell for $35 per now.... but he makes out like a bandit because he sold a few before the huge flood... and his product sells out. Win - Win.... well until people find out what you did..... :oops:

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":13ldnjpf]

Brian bought a huge lot of 18000 or so card from Inkworks. He is releasing Razor Ink Archives in May. 1 Auto per pack in a Ultra Pro holder. Price was cheap at $65-70 a box for 5 packs. I had a case preordered... told the guy Id take anything up to a case.

Well Brian decided to take some of the hits from the product and sell under another name (wwwaitesaxcom) and once it was found out.... he quickly pulled all he had listed.

The info about the ink Archives was released Friday (March 27th).... The info about him selling the better autos was Wednesday... so that pretty much killed any hope of me busting his product.

So lets say Evangeline Lilly had 30 autos in the lot.... he lists 4-5 using his name and sells them for $70 per. And when the product hits in 5 weeks or so.... 15 quickly hit ebay.... with the market flooded... they sell for $35 per now.... but he makes out like a bandit because he sold a few before the huge flood... and his product sells out. Win - Win.... well until people find out what you did..... :oops:[/quote:13ldnjpf]

Is that true?

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":32t51qtw]

So lets say Evangeline Lilly had 30 autos in the lot.... he lists 4-5 using his name and sells them for $70 per. And when the product hits in 5 weeks or so.... 15 quickly hit ebay.... with the market flooded... they sell for $35 per now.... but he makes out like a bandit because he sold a few before the huge flood... and his product sells out. Win - Win.... well until people find out what you did..... :oops:

Is that true?[/quote:32t51qtw]

From everything I have read... Yes.

There is an 8 page thread on blowoutcards forum... under Non-Sports. Page 3 starts with all the info. Up to that point people were talking about how great a product it could be.... they wanted some.... blowout was soldout... razor sold out... etc etc etc

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
P_Manning 18 said:
muchuckwagon said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":2kf4qsjq][quote="Jeff N.":2kf4qsjq]

Is that true?[/quote:2kf4qsjq]

From everything I have read... Yes.

There is an 8 page thread on blowoutcards forum... under Non-Sports. Page 3 starts with all the info. Up to that point people were talking about how great a product it could be.... they wanted some.... blowout was soldout... razor sold out... etc etc etc[/quote:2kf4qsjq]

I would guess that the number of autos he got from inkworks is at least AT LEAST 5x what you said.

Latest posts