Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Where the crap did the Razor logo at the top go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
P_Manning 18 said:
muchuckwagon said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":uhuw2dtd][quote="Jeff N.":uhuw2dtd]

As an aside, what was the Inkworks issue? I missed it.

Brian bought a huge lot of 18000 or so card from Inkworks. He is releasing Razor Ink Archives in May. 1 Auto per pack in a Ultra Pro holder. Price was cheap at $65-70 a box for 5 packs. I had a case preordered... told the guy Id take anything up to a case.

Well Brian decided to take some of the hits from the product and sell under another name (wwwaitesaxcom) and once it was found out.... he quickly pulled all he had listed.

The info about the ink Archives was released Friday (March 27th).... The info about him selling the better autos was Wednesday... so that pretty much killed any hope of me busting his product.

So lets say Evangeline Lilly had 30 autos in the lot.... he lists 4-5 using his name and sells them for $70 per. And when the product hits in 5 weeks or so.... 15 quickly hit ebay.... with the market flooded... they sell for $35 per now.... but he makes out like a bandit because he sold a few before the huge flood... and his product sells out. Win - Win.... well until people find out what you did..... :oops:

Is that true?

From everything I have read... Yes.

There is an 8 page thread on blowoutcards forum... under Non-Sports. Page 3 starts with all the info. Up to that point people were talking about how great a product it could be.... they wanted some.... blowout was soldout... razor sold out... etc etc etc[/quote:uhuw2dtd]

I would guess that the number of autos he got from inkworks is at least AT LEAST 5x what you said.[/quote:uhuw2dtd]

I only said 18,000 becuase thats how many are in Ink Archives (17,940)... so Inkworks held back 90,000-100,000 autographs?? Smart business move.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
I only said 18,000 becuase thats how many are in Ink Archives (17,940)... so Inkworks held back 90,000-100,000 autographs?? Smart business move.

They obviously did not have great business moves if they are no longer in business. just sayin...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
P_Manning 18 said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":kiv7mtnl]
muchuckwagon said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":kiv7mtnl][quote="Jeff N.":kiv7mtnl]

Brian bought a huge lot of 18000 or so card from Inkworks. He is releasing Razor Ink Archives in May. 1 Auto per pack in a Ultra Pro holder. Price was cheap at $65-70 a box for 5 packs. I had a case preordered... told the guy Id take anything up to a case.

Well Brian decided to take some of the hits from the product and sell under another name (wwwaitesaxcom) and once it was found out.... he quickly pulled all he had listed.

The info about the ink Archives was released Friday (March 27th).... The info about him selling the better autos was Wednesday... so that pretty much killed any hope of me busting his product.

So lets say Evangeline Lilly had 30 autos in the lot.... he lists 4-5 using his name and sells them for $70 per. And when the product hits in 5 weeks or so.... 15 quickly hit ebay.... with the market flooded... they sell for $35 per now.... but he makes out like a bandit because he sold a few before the huge flood... and his product sells out. Win - Win.... well until people find out what you did..... :oops:

Is that true?

From everything I have read... Yes.

There is an 8 page thread on blowoutcards forum... under Non-Sports. Page 3 starts with all the info. Up to that point people were talking about how great a product it could be.... they wanted some.... blowout was soldout... razor sold out... etc etc etc[/quote:kiv7mtnl]

I would guess that the number of autos he got from inkworks is at least AT LEAST 5x what you said.[/quote:kiv7mtnl]

I only said 18,000 becuase thats how many are in Ink Archives (17,940)... so Inkworks held back 90,000-100,000 autographs?? Smart business move.[/quote:kiv7mtnl]

that is pure speculation on my part, and isn't fact

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
P_Manning 18 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":37ktgj41]

So lets say Evangeline Lilly had 30 autos in the lot.... he lists 4-5 using his name and sells them for $70 per. And when the product hits in 5 weeks or so.... 15 quickly hit ebay.... with the market flooded... they sell for $35 per now.... but he makes out like a bandit because he sold a few before the huge flood... and his product sells out. Win - Win.... well until people find out what you did..... :oops:[/quote:37ktgj41]

Wow. I mentioned that something like this could happen as it appeared as though Brian was a one man, or at least, very small show, on a baseball card/prospecting level. After all, it still could -- no one knows who the ebay winners of the chrome auctions are, do they? It certainly could happen with the letterman and base signature product.

Our hobby is one replete with ******. Greed can tempt men to do very bad things. This incident, if true as you reported it, shows me the kind of person Brian truly is. There's nothing wrong with holding back some of the product for your own personal collection - you bought the cards, do what you want with them - but when you screw your customers by flooding the market before your product goes live.... that isn't right.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Jeff N. said:
[quote="P_Manning 18":146s8msq][quote="Jeff N.":146s8msq]

So lets say Evangeline Lilly had 30 autos in the lot.... he lists 4-5 using his name and sells them for $70 per. And when the product hits in 5 weeks or so.... 15 quickly hit ebay.... with the market flooded... they sell for $35 per now.... but he makes out like a bandit because he sold a few before the huge flood... and his product sells out. Win - Win.... well until people find out what you did..... :oops:[/quote:146s8msq]

Wow. I mentioned that something like this could happen as it appeared as though Brian was a one man, or at least, very small show, on a baseball card/prospecting level. After all, it still could -- no one knows who the ebay winners of the chrome auctions are, do they? It certainly could happen with the letterman and base signature product.

Our hobby is one replete with ******. Greed can tempt men to do very bad things. This incident, if true as you reported it, shows me the kind of person Brian truly is. There's nothing wrong with holding back some of the product for your own personal collection - you bought the cards, do what you want with them - but when you screw your customers by flooding the market before your product goes live.... that isn't right.[/quote:146s8msq]

No, it wouldn't be right.

Good thing it never happened.

bdj610

Aug 7, 2008
Des Plaines, IL
kentuckyderby said:
bouwob said:
Topps has their own as well. No one uses it but it has been there almost since day 1.

Bouwob --- Where is the Topps Forum?

I think it is a safe assumption that the Topps Forum is hidden, much like how RAZOR was until they made it public to some.

The Topps Message Boards are not hidden. If you go to the Topps Website, the words MESSAGE BOARDS are on the top right corner.

And while I won't be spamming the board by linking to it, let's just say that there is a very active community of traders and others there. Let's just say that the moderator there has let the inmates run the asylum though, although he still watches from afar and jumps in when need be.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
bdj610 said:
kentuckyderby said:
bouwob said:
Topps has their own as well. No one uses it but it has been there almost since day 1.

I think it is a safe assumption that the Topps Forum is hidden, much like how RAZOR was until they made it public to some.

The Topps Message Boards are not hidden. If you go to the Topps Website, the words MESSAGE BOARDS are on the top right corner.

And while I won't be spamming the board by linking to it, let's just say that there is a very active community of traders and others there. Let's just say that the moderator there has let the inmates run the asylum though, although he still watches from afar and jumps in when need be.

he is refering to the topps development forum on this board

it was a private one set up for dinanbbs and a few of us others that he trusted to have input on bowman chrome releases. It was abandoned by dinanbbs for fear of a PR blunder.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cgilmo said:
bdj610 said:
kentuckyderby said:
bouwob said:

he is refering to the topps development forum on this board

it was a private one set up for dinanbbs and a few of us others that he trusted to have input on bowman chrome releases. It was abandoned by dinanbbs for fear of a PR blunder.

Think it's safe to say that Razor wasn't afraid fo such a blunder.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yes, I've always said the same thing as well. Greed will rear its ugly head when: 1) money is involved; and 2)the identities of buyers and sellers are not transparent. Its one problem we all should consider when buying cards for investment purposes, especially low #d cards as gauging value is tough.

Jeff N. said:

Our hobby is one replete with ******. Greed can tempt men to do very bad things. This incident, if true as you reported it, shows me the kind of person Brian truly is. There's nothing wrong with holding back some of the product for your own personal collection - you bought the cards, do what you want with them - but when you screw your customers by flooding the market before your product goes live.... that isn't right.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I guess the question is now...

Now that the weed has been plucked, will the root continue to grow? Will we ever quit obsessing about RAZOR or is it too ingrained to ever let it go? Will we become the anti-RAZOR crowd now? Is the horse dead?

Members online

Latest posts