Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which of these Bowman Products is best to rip....

BEST TO RIP....

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
mredsox89 said:
I would go with 07 BDP but be aware of a "green" case. If you manage to avoid the green case, its a great deal

I agree...the only think that I noticed is that these green cases produce decent low numbered inserts. I pulled a gold Moose out of one, and an orange Revere out of the other.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
2006 BCDP was the most fun I ever had ripping wax. I picked up around $600 in blaster boxes and got my money's worth easily.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
thenextlevel said:
mredsox89 said:
I would go with 07 BDP but be aware of a "green" case. If you manage to avoid the green case, its a great deal

I agree...the only think that I noticed is that these green cases produce decent low numbered inserts. I pulled a gold Moose out of one, and an orange Revere out of the other.

meh, my green case yielded absolutely nothing. Some decent autos but I still took a major hit value wise

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
07 bcdp, @ least when it was 515/case.

amazing checklist for both autos + reg cards (though aus could've been stronger). 06 bcdp was good, but most of the big names have already made it (longo, upton, Kershaw) + a lot of the top pulls have already been pulled. not to mention, I believe the redemptions have expired (12/31/08?).
some minor highlights of my last few 07 bcdp cases
lillibridge superfractor- yay, my first super- even more yay, someone paid $220 for it + it wasn't even his rc lol
casey weathers red ref 1/5 au
moose blue
heyward blue
moose x
laporta blue
Dominguez blue
lotzkar gold ref 50/50
Michael taylor orange ref
after ripping 30+ of these cases, I've had 1 green case. like I said, @ 515/case, can't beat it for the value.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
08 bowman chrome has intrigued me... at 400 dollars for a case, seems like a pretty good deal. There are a few autos in that product that could bring in nice return as well (Lars Anderson).

It just seems like you could at least make your money back with a somewhat decent case...

Now, i could be completely wrong in this as i have yet to open a box, or case (just picking up singles at the moment).

-Jacob

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
chashawk said:
meh, my green case yielded absolutely nothing. Some decent autos but I still took a major hit value wise

I don't bust Bowman too much, what the hell is a "green case"

in 07 bcdp, some cases yielded all green 'rc' refs/xs- which meant no moose, price, etc. parallels.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
2006 bowman draft picks or 2008 bowman draft picks, depending on which players you are going after.

I'd give the edge to 2006 bowman draft, man Longoria and Kershaw autos, and some nice base chrome rookies - great stuff at the current low, low prices.

2008 has too many redemptions, though.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
brouthercard said:
2006 bowman draft picks or 2008 bowman draft picks, depending on which players you are going after.

I'd give the edge to 2006 bowman draft, man Longoria and Kershaw autos, and some nice base chrome rookies - great stuff at the current low, low prices.

But 08 redemptions sell very well. The 07 redemptions have completely fallen flat price wise.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
brouthercard said:

red... cough cough....longo...cough cough!

dave

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
chashawk said:
in 07 bcdp, some cases yielded all green 'rc' refs/xs- which meant no moose, price, etc. parallels

Stupid question I'm sure, but did Topps do anything about this?

How prevalent was/is it?

topps didn't do anything. however, out of 30+ cases (honestly, I've lost track of how much I've ripped), I only had 1 green case. as someone else said, green cases tended to have better parallels/aus.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
daveyou said:
brouthercard said:

red... cough cough....longo...cough cough!

dave

Michael, cough cough, Felix, cough, cough, super-reflector, cough, cough....

boxbreaker

Aug 9, 2008
i haven't opened 30, but quite a few, and the one green case i got had FAR better auto refractors. i have also seen that in other green cases. it sucks to have 22 green regular refractors but the above base refractors always seem to be FY.
example from my last case:

heyward.jpg

of course now i can't sell it!

here was the other good FY refractor:

2007draftcase013.jpg

2008 dpp was good with live discount, but without i think you would have to hold for a while or hit a big card to do o.k.

Members online

Latest posts