Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the NFL MVP right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
This was discussed on ESPN I believe. Does Michael Vick deserve it? To me Peyton Manning is the MVP imo. Who do you think?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Re: Who if the NFL MVP right now?

As of right now I think it's Manning. Brady is definitely in the mix and a couple more games like this from Vick and that definitely puts him in the discussion.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Re: Who if the NFL MVP right now?

Vick or Manning.

What Manning is doing with the skeleton crew in Indy is amazing, but if Vick keeps it up and stays healthy he could make a case. Missing a few weeks at the helm will definitely set Vick back in the votes.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Vick has played 4 games. Just not fair based on such a small body of work to consider him. Just can't be a victim of the moment after last night.

I am all for Rivers who is playing with garbage while putting up awesome numbers and is on pace to crush Marino's record

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Gotta be Philip Rivers, kept em in a lot of games, even though his WR corps is depleted, and despite having incompetent coaches and management.

martincp

Aug 10, 2008
Even as a Raiders fan it has to be Rivers - his top four receivers have missed either every game, multiple games or parts of games and the o-line was without its best player (McNeill) too. If it wasnt for special teams meltdowns they would likely be atop the AFC West and are the the team the raiders are in competition with for the division crown. The numbers he is putting up are insane.

I like the above mention of Josh Freeman too - he is doing a lot with very little.

Manning will likely win because he is a bigger name (his performance has also been special - I feel Rivers is stupendous).

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Randy Moss ::facepalm::

Actually I hate to say it because speaking positively about any Falcons makes me taste bile, but Roddy White. He's made every clutch catch that set up wins for the Falcons this year and that forced fumble on Nate Clements after Ryan's INT saved that game too.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
wheeler281 said:
Vick has played 4 games. Just not fair based on such a small body of work to consider him. Just can't be a victim of the moment after last night.

I am all for Rivers who is playing with garbage while putting up awesome numbers and is on pace to crush Marino's record

Great point!

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Can't say Vick after one game. Yeah, he put up numbers. But, even as much as I like him, you can't put him in the MVP talk yet.

I'd have to agree with either Rivers or Manning, leaning toward Rivers right now. But I'm sure there will be those who lean toward Justin Beiber... I mean Tom Brady if the Pats beat the Colts this weekend too.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I'll get killed for being a homer, but Brady. Just torched the league's #1 defense throwing to a rookie TE, essentially a rookie WR (Tate), after having lost his #1 target. The Pats have one of the youngest defenses in the league, putting even more pressure on him. Not to mention his team is 7-2, tied for the best record in the league.
After that, I have trouble choosing Vick, Rivers or Manning. Vick just hasn't played enough games yet. If he continues on his current pace, it's definitely him. Rivers has been amazing with practice squad WRs, but his team isn't winning and has only really played one tough team, which they lost. I put him on offensive POY category, not MVP. Manning...they have a lot of injuries, but they still have Reggie Wayne, who is light years better than anyone the Chargers/Patriots have (other than Gates who has been banged up, so I don't count him), and still has the same OL that has kept him perfectly upright the last few years. Also, they haven't played anyone. 1-1 against the Texans (they suck), struggled to a win against KC (who are proving to be the definition of mediocre), and he did nothing in a win vs. a bad Cincy team (they never would've won without the defense/Carson Palmer).

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
KandKCards said:
I'll get killed for being a homer, but Brady. Just torched the league's #1 defense throwing to a rookie TE, essentially a rookie WR (Tate), after having lost his #1 target. The Pats have one of the youngest defenses in the league, putting even more pressure on him. Not to mention his team is 7-2, tied for the best record in the league.
After that, I have trouble choosing Vick, Rivers or Manning. Vick just hasn't played enough games yet. If he continues on his current pace, it's definitely him. Rivers has been amazing with practice squad WRs, but his team isn't winning and has only really played one tough team, which they lost. I put him on offensive POY category, not MVP. Manning...they have a lot of injuries, but they still have Reggie Wayne, who is light years better than anyone the Chargers/Patriots have (other than Gates who has been banged up, so I don't count him), and still has the same OL that has kept him perfectly upright the last few years. Also, they haven't played anyone. 1-1 against the Texans (they suck), struggled to a win against KC (who are proving to be the definition of mediocre), and he did nothing in a win vs. a bad Cincy team (they never would've won without the defense/Carson Palmer).

Peyton Manning>Tom Brady and it's not even close.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
It feels like the usual suspects once again.

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers

Personally, I'd lean towards...well damn, all three are the same. All three have put up numbers with depleted WR corps.

Rivers 19 TD 8 INT 2944 yds
Brady 17 TD 4 INT 2176 yds
Manning 16 TD 4 INT 2663 yds

I would contend that Rivers has done more with less and the number of yards he has piled up is staggering.

Now, if you take these guys off the team, would the team still be able to win?
Rivers NO
Brady YES, proved when Matt Cassel came in and won.
Manning NO

So, take Tom Brady out. To me, being the most valuable player in the league means you do things no one else can.

Manning & Rivers left. Sadly, people will look at the W-L record.
Indy 6-3
Chargers 4-5

It's not very often a guy on a mediocre team wins the MVP as far as I remember.

That leaves Manning...now, if Vick rattles off 7 more games similar to the one on Monday night, he will take it down. Manning is the better passer, but Vick was accurate AND could take off like Peyton Manning could never do.

Members online