Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Series - Who Ya Got?

Who Wins the WS?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Rangers in 4 - Go VLADDY!

vladbat.jpg

vladbest2.jpg

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Jays_Cards said:
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

I don't think that is really accurate. The Rangers are a MUCH better pitching team than the Giants are a hitting team...

check your stats brah :D

Rangers 162 Homeruns in 162 games... (.419 slugging w/DH)
Giants 162 Homeruns in 162 games... (.408 slugging w/o DH)

Giants play in a pitchers park....
Rangers play in a Hitters Park (understatement)
Giants have NO DH.....

Might want to rethink your "(pseudo)Advantage Rangers because they Hit so Much Better" theory....
take away all of Vlads stats (DH) and they dont really match up to Giants power wise!! and the batting average is very close, with advantage Giants on slugging average

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
fkw said:
Jays_Cards said:
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

I don't think that is really accurate. The Rangers are a MUCH better pitching team than the Giants are a hitting team...

Giants have NO DH.....

Might want to rething your pseudadvantage Rangers because they hit so much better theory....
take away all of Vlads stats (DH) and they dont really match up to Giants power wise!! and the batting average is very close, with advantage Giants on slugging average

That is wonderful, except for the fact that HRs and slugging are not the sole determinant of a team's hitting ability..

Texas - 787 Runs scored, .276 BA, .757 OPS

San Fran - 697 Runs scored, .257 BA, .729 OPS

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
fkw said:
Jays_Cards said:
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

Giants have NO DH.....

Might want to rethink your "(pseudo)Advantage Rangers because they Hit so Much Better" theory....
i will do better. check YOUR hitting stats in the playoffs! then RESPOND

Jan 15, 2009
Jays_Cards said:
fkw said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":2v2u36mz]
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

Giants have NO DH.....

Might want to rething your pseudadvantage Rangers because they hit so much better theory....

That is wonderful, except for the fact that HRs and slugging are not the sole determinant of a team's hitting ability..

San Fran - 697 Runs scored, .257 BA, .729 OPS[/quote:2v2u36mz]

Giants - 546 ER, 8.2 K/9, 3.36 ERA, 1331 Ks

Rangers - 636 ER, 7.3 K/9, 3.93 ERA, 1181 Ks

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Jays_Cards said:
fkw said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":n02vnk1y]
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

Giants have NO DH.....

Rangers - 636 ER, 7.3 K/9, 3.93 ERA, 1181 Ks[/quote:n02vnk1y]

Again, wonderful. I admitted that the Giants pitching is better.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
nosterbor said:
fkw said:
Jays_Cards said:
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

Giants have NO DH.....

i will do better. check YOUR hitting stats in the playoffs! then RESPOND

Check your pitching stats over the last 8 weeks too, while your at it...... :D over this span the Giants pitchers have some of the stingiest stats in the History of Baseball......

We will just have to play the games to see :D

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
This is awesome. These are the exact same predictions as the NLCS. Giants losing in 4 or 5 games. Rangers clearly have a lot more thump in their lineup but the Giants pitching can neutralize it. Just like they did the Phillies.

Jan 15, 2009
Jays_Cards said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1j1hwxle]
fkw said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":1j1hwxle]
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

Giants have NO DH.....

Rangers - 636 ER, 7.3 K/9, 3.93 ERA, 1181 Ks[/quote:1j1hwxle]
Good pitching beats good hitting.
Again, wonderful. I admitted that the Giants pitching is better.[/quote:1j1hwxle]

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Jays_Cards said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":24u68wid]
fkw said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":24u68wid]
sheetskout said:
Pitching vs. Hitting

Giants have NO DH.....

Again, wonderful. I admitted that the Giants pitching is better.[/quote:24u68wid][/quote:24u68wid]

The Giants pitching may be better. How much better is debatable due to pitching in the NL with no DH. Pretty much every pitcher that moves to the NL ends up with better stats. It makes a considerable difference. Mainly because it's not just any hitter replacing the pitcher. It's usually one of the teams best hitters. The difference in pitching to another pitcher and pitching to one of the teams best hitters is huge.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
nborton said:
Jays_Cards said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":3db7fclo]
fkw said:
[quote="Jays_Cards":3db7fclo][quote="sheetskout":3db7fclo]Pitching vs. Hitting

Giants have NO DH.....

Again, wonderful. I admitted that the Giants pitching is better.[/quote:3db7fclo][/quote:3db7fclo][/quote:3db7fclo]

Sorry DP.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I will be pulling for the Rangers. Although I am really just looking forward to watching some great pitching and hitting matchups :)

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
One last stat fact and I'll leave it alone til game time Wed....

This Year..........The Giants had 21 more extra base hits than the Rangers had...
(16 more doubles, 5 more triples, and the same HRs)

Yet the Giants also have a pitcher bat roughly 10% of the time overall, while the Rangers have Vlad Guerrero and his .300 AVE with 57 extra base hits batting in their pitchers spot roughly 95% of the time (interleague other 5%).

Take away most of Vlads 57 extra base hits and .300 average, and stick your broomstick swingin' studs like Cliff Lee/CJWilson/Colby Lewis/JoeSchmoe/etc. in to bat in the 9 hole and........ well you see why the theory that the Rangers are far superior Hitters than the "so called" Hitless Wonders in SF ........ is really all a pipedream.

Dont give me the, "Well the Rangers hit really awesome in the playoffs" BS

Phillies pitching > Yankees pitching

Im sure Uribe/Huff/Posey/Burrell and crew can hit a sorry looking CC Sebathia watermellon pitch, or a Baby Hughes hanger, just as easy as Rangers did, if they had the chance.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I believe the Giants will pull it off and I am rooting for them! After the Angels, they are my second favorite team.

Was great in 2002: no matter which team won, I would have not been too disappointed (though glad the Angels won it ;) )

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I must be honest here....

I really have no clue who is my 'favorite' to win. I think both teams are firing on enough cylinders to win, and both teams have a good bit of hunger and luck right now! If I was being forced to choose right now I would have to take the Giants. I just have a gut feeling we are going to see a 4-0 or 4-1 series going to San Fran....

One thing is for sure, I cant want to see it unfold!

Members online

Latest posts