Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you buy an ALTERED Pujols Chrome auto?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Pinbreaker said:
MallCopKJ said:
Leaf said:
BE CAREFUL:

Some of the Pujols slabbed altered RC's are due to autograph being traced/resigned/etc.... I would have beckett examine the exact card rather than take the sellers word for it..
BG

I appreciate that and hope people take notice because I know thats a major problem for people buying those Pujols.

The particular card I was talking about was a Tom Brady Contenders Autograph /100. The guy wanted $2K for it.

Since the regular non-trimmed BGS graded cards are going for $2,700 to $4,500..

It might be a good buy..

If I wanted one for my PC, then having it slabbed would be good..

Good luck,

I was kind of thinking of it as a long term hold/eventual flip. The guy claimed he doesnt know why it came back as trimmed. Has it ever happened that a card when resubmitted could come back differently? BGS said it was trimmed but is there any chance it might not be?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
Pinbreaker said:
MallCopKJ said:
Leaf said:
BE CAREFUL:

Some of the Pujols slabbed altered RC's are due to autograph being traced/resigned/etc.... I would have beckett examine the exact card rather than take the sellers word for it..
BG

I appreciate that and hope people take notice because I know thats a major problem for people buying those Pujols.

The particular card I was talking about was a Tom Brady Contenders Autograph /100. The guy wanted $2K for it.

It might be a good buy..

Good luck,

I was kind of thinking of it as a long term hold/eventual flip. The guy claimed he doesnt know why it came back as trimmed. Has it ever happened that a card when resubmitted could come back differently? BGS said it was trimmed but is there any chance it might not be?
If you send it in enough times it will gem.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
scotty21690 said:
MallCopKJ said:
Pinbreaker said:
MallCopKJ said:
Leaf said:
BE CAREFUL:

BG

It might be a good buy..

Good luck,

If you send it in enough times it will gem.

Bought it and it came back a 9!!!

in my dreams

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
To me, the cards aren't on equal footing. I'd be happy to add a trimmed Pujols, but wouldn't care for the Brady, it's just not as big of a card and with the lower price point, it should be easier to get. Just this man's opinion.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
flightposite said:
To me, the cards aren't on equal footing. I'd be happy to add a trimmed Pujols, but wouldn't care for the Brady, it's just not as big of a card and with the lower price point, it should be easier to get. Just this man's opinion.

I would argue the Brady Contenders /100 is a more desirable card than the Pujols. I'v seen low grades get $5K+.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
flightposite said:

I would argue the Brady Contenders /100 is a more desirable card than the Pujols. I'v seen low grades get $5K+.

If we were to go into the future, where each player has been retired 10 years or more, I will guarantee that the Pujols has held or increased where as the Brady has fallen in price. And this comes from a guy that puts Brady ahead of Manning. But, we are all allowed our own opinions, and if you think it's that great of card, I would buy it.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have this signed '33 Goudey in my HOF collection, and love it. Does that answer your question?

Lindstrom.jpg

Members online

Latest posts