Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you like to see a weekly FCB Update Email?

Would you like to see a weekly email that includes events and information posted on FCB for the

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
You can say that facebook will phase out websites like this all you want, but you have to remember that facebook is never going to bend to the specific needs of every niche. This site can adjust to the hobby as it evolves.

And besides, show me a large facebook sports card group. There aren't any huge ones that I know of.

I'm not trying to agrue a point, or prove anything. All the evidence anyone needs to find is out there. It's a fact that social media is where many old time members are migrating to and most new to the hobby members are going first (and staying). The entire point of my post is that this websites membership has less to do with who it is/has lost and everything to do with who it can gain. How can you compete with that? I'm not sure as I personally do not see anything FCB has to offer one can not find in social media groups. This is by no means a knock on FCB or anyone here, obviously I enjoy the site, I'm just being realistic..

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I don't think Facebook and other social media sites are phasing out message boards like this. For instance, video game message boards, such as GameFAQs and IGN, have more message boards posts than ever.
Facebook is actually becoming less popular among most of my friends, and it's been in the news that its stock value has been cut in half since it went public recently. I rarely use it anymore.

I think the real reason FCB and other sportscards message boards are seeing less traffic is because the hobby itself is losing collectors. Not as many people collect as they once did, and every year, more people quit. It's just not a growing hobby.

I'm not sure why the switchover caused so many members to leave. I guess the temporary and minor inconvenience just gave some members, who were on the verge of leaving the hobby anyway, a subconscious excuse to cut ties.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
sure, why not on the weekly emails. Maybe it'll end after 6 episodes, errr,..... weekly emails. ;)

Members online