Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTF!!!! FAKE 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS WALTER PAYTON AUTOS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
REAL

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Upper-Deck-Leg ... 2c520714fc

FAKE

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Upper-Deck-Leg ... 2a0335a589

FAKE

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-UD-UPPERDECK-L ... 3a55ce6a52

FAKE

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-UD-UPPERDECK-L ... 3ca8898900

I WENT ON TO SEE WHAT THESE ARE SELLING FOR SEEING HOW I AM ABOUT TO SELL MY SET AND I SEE THAT THERE IS A BLACK IN WALTER PAYTON. SO I START TO THINK LIKE WAIT A MIN. HE SIGNED ALL OF HIS IN BLUE I THOUGH. ANWAYS, REGARLESS IF HE SIGNED IN BOTH INK COLORS OR NOT. THAT IS DEF NOT HIS SIG! ONLY THE BLUE ONE IS REAL!!!!

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
THIS ISNT GOOD

ATLEAST 90% OF MY SET IS PSA/DNA GRADED. BUT STILL. THIS IS A CRAZY!!!!!!!

SORRY FOR THE CAPS.. JUST ANGRY! :twisted:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Seriously though, anyone who bids on those deserves to lose their $1,800. I'm sorry, but there's no way in hell that if I'm dropping that much money on a card that I'm not going to be doing a little bit of research before hand.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Forgive me, I have never researched this set much. How is the second one a fake when it has the UD COA on the back?

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
deceptikon1978 said:
Forgive me, I have never researched this set much. How is the second one a fake when it has the UD COA on the back?

Thats why this is confusing. Im guessing the autos were fading, he wiped them off and resigned them.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Gellman said:
deceptikon1978 said:

Thats why this is confusing. Im guessing the autos were fading, he wiped them off and resigned them.

Ahh ok gotcha. Thanks.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Be careful how you approach this one.. Just saying. Like Ryo, I know that seller and he is a standup, genuinely good dude. He used to post all the time on Beckett.

In his defense, I used to collect WP autos like a ****. Over the years I have seen those cards with the majority of them being a "rushed" type signature. While I'm not saying that card he's selling is real, I'm certainly not saying it's fake either. He buys ALOT of crazy highend stuff, and I just find it kind of hard to believe he spent right at $900 for it initially (check completed listings) if he had any hint of it being fake.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Snyper said:
Be careful how you approach this one.. Just saying. Like Ryo, I know that seller and he is a standup, genuinely good dude. He used to post all the time on Beckett.

In his defense, I used to collect WP autos like a ****. Over the years I have seen those cards with the majority of them being a "rushed" type signature. While I'm not saying that card he's selling is real, I'm certainly not saying it's fake either. He buys ALOT of crazy highend stuff, and I just find it kind of hard to believe he spent right at $900 for it initially (check completed listings) if he had any hint of it being fake.

I thought that name looked familiar, I remember him from the old BMB days.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
you can't say they are fake if it has the COA on the back, no one is that much of an expert. Are there known
issues with fading?

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
you can't say they are fake if it has the COA on the back, no one is that much of an expert. Are there known
issues with fading?

I *could* be wrong, but I can't remember seeing a faded WP Legends auto. There's a guy on our boards that has one in his signature. I think KandK?

Something to keep in mind with this one when making known comparisons- if I remember right, it was rumored to be only a few dozen of these WP Legends autos released. It was a ridiculously short printed card.

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
i just got back from jsa to pick up my order and printed them out and show them and they just laughed. 100% fake. payton never signed like that. he did have a rushed signature. but no./ not that bad

as for it having the coa on the back? thats easy. if you have a connection at upper deck. just like all of the topps autos that are fake. a while back, there was a guy on here who had joerdan autos that were supposed to be signed and never were. i also saw at white plains one time a jordan 1998 ud jersey auto that was never signed.

so cards that are supposed to be signed and never were do get out there. that and it COULD be a reprint. someone could have wiped down a real sig, made a million copies and then signed them. it wouldnt be hard hence the ken griffey jr ud rookie.

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
not to mention the 3 with black in are extremly nice condition wise. GOOD LUCK finding 3 of those cards in that great of shape on ebay all at one time. it doesnt happen

im not saying that the guy that you guys no is a scum bag, but i would definatly file a paypal claim if i were him and get my 900 back or what ever he paid. im telling you, this is going to get huge. and he will wind up getting a charge back on him and that would suck if he is honest you know?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
card_crazy said:
i just got back from jsa to pick up my order and printed them out and show them and they just laughed. 100% fake. payton never signed like that. he did have a rushed signature. but no./ not that bad

as for it having the coa on the back? thats easy. if you have a connection at upper deck. just like all of the topps autos that are fake. a while back, there was a guy on here who had joerdan autos that were supposed to be signed and never were. i also saw at white plains one time a jordan 1998 ud jersey auto that was never signed.

so cards that are supposed to be signed and never were do get out there. that and it COULD be a reprint. someone could have wiped down a real sig, made a million copies and then signed them. it wouldnt be hard hence the ken griffey jr ud rookie.

I was thinking the same thing, all it takes is ONE unsigned card to get out and then someone can reprint the card.

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
definatly that or a connect at upper deck. all i know is this is going to make people frown upon my set. but like i said. most of it is psa slabbed. but thats regardless. i have had it for 8 years. i know its good. i bought the card back in the good ol'days in this crappy hobby.

im assuming legends collectors know these are fake because of the price they are doing. real ones sell helllahigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts