Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTF!!!! FAKE 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS WALTER PAYTON AUTOS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
you guys are dumb. someone fakes a patch card and it mine as well be on the news with the way you guys react. yet someone clearly fakes walter payton ($2000) autographs and nobody cares. this site use to be good. no wonder it has lost half of its traffic.

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
i try and help the hobby and everyone turns on me as if i did something wrong. you guys are pathetic

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
card_crazy said:
you guys are dumb. someone fakes a patch card and it mine as well be on the news with the way you guys react. yet someone clearly fakes walter payton ($2000) autographs and nobody cares. this site use to be good. no wonder it has lost half of its traffic.

source?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
card_crazy said:

Yeah, because you are here all the time with your 84 posts in 5 months!!! Where do you see that this site has lost 1/2 of it's traffic??? Maybe on the baseball board, and that would probably be due to the season being over. I'm sure if you joined the "1/2 of the traffic that left" that nobody will even miss you or even know that you're gone!!!

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
card_crazy said:

I don't understand how you can say that they are 100% fake. You can question them and believe they are not authentic but to come on here and not only post my auction but to claim they are fake, have no proof, and say you have spoken to authenticators about them is completely out of line. You spoke to WHO at JSA? the actual autograph authenticator or the salesman? I am sure the salesman would tell you he has 4 heads on his neck to sell you product. Until you can show me a card similar that is deemed fake by jsa/psa or any other authenticator I have no reason to believe they are fake. They contain a COA on the back, and are consistent with others that have sold in the past. You can clearly see from the photos i posted that his autograph has changed over the years with a few of them being way out of the ordinary. Who knows what was going on at the time of signing these cards? Could have been sitting on the crapper for all we know. UD says they got them direct from walter and authenticated them as such. Seems like you want them to be fake for some reason? Rather then say "these autos look different could they be fake?", you state a "fact" which is not true and holds no substance. You do not own these cards nor are you a Professional autograph verifier so i don't think you have any expertise in the area of calling them fake other then they look different then his regular signature and are inconsistent with the blue ink variation from the same set. Like posted previously these have been around forever with beckett grading/authenticating them as well. I am not defending them in either way, real or fake, however how can you definitively call them fake with NO PROOF, NOTHING, not a statement from anyone, not a slab saying altered, NOTHING!! After 12 years of the product being out and NUMEROUS black ink auto's identical to the ones you posted being bought/sold/and graded, no one has ever had a issue with them. You come on here with NO source or proof that they are fake and post my auction. I am not a lawyer but seems like slander to me?

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
i will personally pay for you to send the card to jsa. i will also bet you $5k paypal that they say its NO GOOD. and no. i didnt speak to a salesmen. i spoke to jimmy. im in his shop twice a week. i know him extremly well. I understand where your coming from about me posting your listing. but the card is fake. i have been collection these cards since they came out. you got ribbed on your investment. the guy you bought the card from on ebay or where ever you got it ripped you off. plain and simple. maybe he didnt know it was a fake. but it is! AGAIN, i will personally pay the cost to send it in. i would have no problem paying the $25 that it will cost just to show you and so that you can get a refund. i dont think that your a bad person, or that your trying to get over one someone. but if you know anything about walter payton signatures, then you know that yours is fake.

and people get slandered on here daily. deal with it. its going to happen when selling fake cards

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
card_crazy said:
i will personally pay for you to send the card to jsa. i will also bet you $5k paypal that they say its NO GOOD. and no. i didnt speak to a salesmen. i spoke to jimmy. im in his shop twice a week. i know him extremly well. I understand where your coming from about me posting your listing. but the card is fake. i have been collection these cards since they came out. you got ribbed on your investment. the guy you bought the card from on ebay or where ever you got it ripped you off. plain and simple. maybe he didnt know it was a fake. but it is! AGAIN, i will personally pay the cost to send it in. i would have no problem paying the $25 that it will cost just to show you and so that you can get a refund. i dont think that your a bad person, or that your trying to get over one someone. but if you know anything about walter payton signatures, then you know that yours is fake.

and people get slandered on here daily. deal with it. its going to happen when selling fake cards

These have been circulating since the release so if you have been collecting since their release why has this only come up now? I am not selling fake cards. I am selling a card that you think is fake and that i think has a signature on it that is different then his others.

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
so then send it to jsa. ill pay the cost. get your money back from who ever you bought it from once you find out its fake. im not trying to hurt your sale or anything. but i dont want to see someone who seems to be a stand up guy get a 1250$ paypal chargeback because he sold a fake auto. and that will happen if someone tries to grade it. bgs is dumb, so they may put it threw, but not if they say jimmy has to see it. he laughed when he saw them.

and you are right. these have been floating around. if you terapeak them. there have been 6 of them in the last 90 days. one is real and the other 5 are like yours

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
card_crazy said:
so then send it to jsa. ill pay the cost. get your money back from who ever you bought it from once you find out its fake. im not trying to hurt your sale or anything. but i dont want to see someone who seems to be a stand up guy get a 1250$ paypal chargeback because he sold a fake auto. and that will happen if someone tries to grade it. bgs is dumb, so they may put it threw, but not if they say jimmy has to see it. he laughed when he saw them.

and you are right. these have been floating around. if you terapeak them. there have been 6 of them in the last 90 days. one is real and the other 5 are like yours

Paypal addy is [email protected]

When i get the payment ill send it out. I will also get the psa/dna quick opinion on the card.

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
Your payment has been processed and your 'QuickOpinion' will be sent to you via email within the next 24-36 hours.

Opinion to be rendered on:
eBay Item #: 260525623552
Description: 1997 UD UPPERDECK LEGENDS WALTER PAYTON AUTO AL-4

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
mastacollection what is up?

Gellman why you did disappear after the post on your blog and Mastakollection shows up. . Man you have become thoughtless in your blog. Just take posts from forums and fill them full of swear words so you can live up to your so called reputation. Let me guess you will let UD feed you another line like they did with the ultimate inscriptions. UD yes man/spin doctor will let us know :lol:

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
wheeler281 said:

Gellman why you disappear after your post on your blog and Masta shows up. . Man you have become thoughtless in your blog. Just take posts from forums and fill them full of swear words so you can live up to your so called reputation. Let me guess you will let UD feed you another line like they did with the ultimate inscriptions. You are such a hypocrite it is funny.

Hey bud how are you? Same here cant complain.

Card_Crazy- Still waiting on that payment, however i will say this I dont doubt them either way, fake or real, to me its just hard to believe that after 12 years not one of them has been deemed "fake" and upper deck releasing any sort of statement about it. Even after the 10 year anniv issue they did, nothing was mentioned about the cards being fake etc. For the time being all i can say is that I believe they are real for all the reasons already discussed however, if deemed fake, LOTS of collectors are gunna throw fits, there are many of these out there. At least at this point i can still get my money back, collectors who have purchased these way back cant do anything about it are going to be screwed. Its sad that we cant even trust the card companies or beckett to authenticate and verify a card that has their COA on the back.

BTW- I ended it, so no one would buy it..just in case.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I'm probably late to the party, but didn't want to read 4 pages. They aren't fakes in the way you would think. These cards were actually sent to Payton and he sent them back, but it is widely understood that the black ink ones were signed by someone else for him, I believe it was his wife.

CardboardLegends

Dec 24, 2009
Yonkers, NY
I am sorry I am late to this party as well. I just sold my blue Ink Payton for 2K a few days back. Here is the deal on the Payton cards. An UD employee stole a bunch of the Paytons and SIGNED them. Most people that really are working on the set know this fact. I am not saying for sure the ones in question are fake, but there are some out there that are laughable at best. Hope this helps ya'll out. Also Donnie Shell has 2 signers if you follow his cards as well. John

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
Well the verdict is in!!!

Direct from the email from psa;

Our opinion rendered at 12/24/2009
Response; "likely not genuine"

Comments; None

No comments? you say something is not real and have no comments on why? I dont know what to say, im speechless, i honestly can not believe that UD and beckett let this go on for this long without saying anything. I have seen these cards around for soo long etc etc. rant already posted. However the response is not "definitive" i do now believe their are plenty of questions that need to be answered by these card companies who verify these as authentic autographs. I do realize that this was a while back however UD still buys cut autos etc for new product and im SURE they have seen these before and said nothing. I apologize to the OP however without proof its hard to say otherwise. well we have something now, where do we go from here? :oops:

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Whether or not the guy is right, I don't care. You don't speak to people with that amount of hubris and expect them to take you seriously. If he's right, good. Next time drop the ego and take people messing w/ you a little bit and you won't look like such an ass.

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
I spoke with the seller that i bought them from and he said he "just recently purchased them" from someones card collection. So maybe the guy he got them from is doing the fakes? Anyway the seller straight up accepted the claim and agreed to refund in full once shipped back to him. He is then trying to get his money back as well.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
wheeler281 said:

Gellman why you did disappear after the post on your blog and Mastakollection shows up. . Man you have become thoughtless in your blog. Just take posts from forums and fill them full of swear words so you can live up to your so called reputation. Let me guess you will let UD feed you another line like they did with the ultimate inscriptions. UD yes man/spin doctor will let us know :lol:

Wait, what? This is an issue DEFINITELY worth posting about. Just because you guys are buds, doesnt mean that the topic isnt worth discussing. The cards are fake, as stated by numerous posters in this thread, and by PSA, so I dont understand why it is not in my best interest to inform as many people as possible of this probable deception.

Honestly, if you dont think something is wrong with those signatures, you have problems with your eyes. As a seller who has the reputation that I guess he has, he should have understood this situation before A) buying the cards and B) willingly selling the cards. Its a bad situation, and you have no right to tell me that I was wrong for reporting it.

Besides, if UD wants to feed me a line on these cards, I will relay that line as usual. For some reason giving you the information from UD has become an issue, and I just do not get why. I never say that it has to be true, I just say "this is what UD said." There shouldnt be any problem with that, and there is no reason for you to chastise me for relaying the comments of the people who made the ******* cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts