Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WTF!!!! FAKE 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS WALTER PAYTON AUTOS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
card_crazy said:
i just got back from jsa to pick up my order and printed them out and show them and they just laughed. 100% fake. payton never signed like that. he did have a rushed signature. but no./ not that bad

as for it having the coa on the back? thats easy. if you have a connection at upper deck. just like all of the topps autos that are fake. a while back, there was a guy on here who had joerdan autos that were supposed to be signed and never were. i also saw at white plains one time a jordan 1998 ud jersey auto that was never signed.

so cards that are supposed to be signed and never were do get out there. that and it COULD be a reprint. someone could have wiped down a real sig, made a million copies and then signed them. it wouldnt be hard hence the ken griffey jr ud rookie.

I never said that card was real. Nor did I say it was fake either. I personally wouldn't buy it. Take that for whatever it's worth. :lol:

And as far as those "experts" are concerned, did they laugh, just like they laughed when they were made to look like the incompetent idiots they really are when they "authenticated" the forgeries from that news segment? :lol:

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
lol. no larry certified that fake. lol thats why on anyone who is dead he isnt aloud to cert it. someone else has too. but come on. you know for a fact thre fake

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
card_crazy said:
lol. no larry certified that fake. lol thats why on anyone who is dead he isnt aloud to cert it. someone else has too. but come on. you know for a fact thre fake

No offense, but its really tough to read your posts when you type like that.

You also don't need 3 posts for one thought. If you forget something, the edit button in the bottom right of your post works well.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
you can't say they are fake if it has the COA on the back, no one is that much of an expert. Are there known
issues with fading?

Anything can fade if exposed to uv light. I doubt that's the case here.

Keep in mind also that UD (& the rest of the majors) doesn't print their cards in-house, they outsource that stuff. Things used to get stolen from Fleer's printers by the truckload until finally Fleer decided security was justifiable.

The fact that 2 different sellers are selling the obvious work of a single individual means these things are being passed to dealers by the forger imho.

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
Man all my old friends in one place, is this a reunion :)

Anyway, I have had quite a few of these 6 in black ink and one in blue ink (posted a pic at the bottom). I sold 2 of them to one particular guy (maybe someone remembers him) on beckett back in the day, he had them graded by beckett, of which one came back a bgs 8.5 the other a 9 both with a 10 autos. (this was when snyper was really into payton and it seemed payton was hotter then he is now, sell wise at least) Anyway, I don't recall if beckett actually authenticates the auto or just that it is consistent and clean. I have never had a problem with anyone questioning the authenticity of the black ink autos, but have definitely had people agree that the auto is different then his normal autos/sigs. Beckett does have numerous blue/black ink variations from the set so that never came into me questioning the card itself. IMO i believe its real, but i would never put it past someone to try and fake them since they are pretty valuable. What else could be done to authenticate it? Send it to JSA or PSA? I would think those companies woudnt even bother, since the COA is on the back. Im not trying to screw anyone so if i could prove its real i would like to. IMO I still believe it to be real. If they were being faked, there would be more then 1 or 2 of them popping up and for the price they sell for, other "copy cats" would try it and the autos would be inconsistent?? Thoughts?

Here was the blue ink i sold a while back, i believe i still have the black ink photos on my other computer. Im not debating at all that the autos look very different however from what i have seen/owned i still believe them to be authentic.

IMG_1075.jpg

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
BTW its not like the black inks are something new, they have been around for YEARS with the same differneces from the blue ink.

Also to the OP- You posted 3 auctions however 2 of the cards are the same exact card. The first seller, sold his entire set that he collected when the set was released, and he has another set of which i looked at and it has the same black ink auto. Its very hard for me to believe that since the release 1997 not one card company or authenticator has indicated a issue with these cards.

mastakollection

Feb 17, 2009
Hey everyone.

Synper- yeah buddy!!! I took some time off, moved, new girl etc but just getting back into it :) Hows everything with you?

Here are some scans of paytons autos throughout the years, some of these are JACKED up and still psa/jsa authenticated

this one is way jacked up
1Untitled.jpg

106386206749af346905817.jpg

825564391499c95b91c00b.jpg

Full sig spelling out his entire name?
83072434.jpg

I dont know but IMHO i think they are real, he has significant changes in his signature and i believe their would be a FLOOD of "fakes" rather then 1 or 2, the amount of blue/black inks i have seen over the years are about the same. I have a cell sheet documenting the sales of all of the blue/black inks to sell an the prices are similar as well with a dip in the last year in both variations.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
mastakollection said:
Man all my old friends in one place, is this a reunion :)

Anyway, I have had quite a few of these 6 in black ink and one in blue ink (posted a pic at the bottom). I sold 2 of them to one particular guy (maybe someone remembers him) on beckett back in the day, he had them graded by beckett, of which one came back a bgs 8.5 the other a 9 both with a 10 autos. (this was when snyper was really into payton and it seemed payton was hotter then he is now, sell wise at least) Anyway, I don't recall if beckett actually authenticates the auto or just that it is consistent and clean. I have never had a problem with anyone questioning the authenticity of the black ink autos, but have definitely had people agree that the auto is different then his normal autos/sigs. Beckett does have numerous blue/black ink variations from the set so that never came into me questioning the card itself. IMO i believe its real, but i would never put it past someone to try and fake them since they are pretty valuable. What else could be done to authenticate it? Send it to JSA or PSA? I would think those companies woudnt even bother, since the COA is on the back. Im not trying to screw anyone so if i could prove its real i would like to. IMO I still believe it to be real. If they were being faked, there would be more then 1 or 2 of them popping up and for the price they sell for, other "copy cats" would try it and the autos would be inconsistent?? Thoughts?

Here was the blue ink i sold a while back, i believe i still have the black ink photos on my other computer. Im not debating at all that the autos look very different however from what i have seen/owned i still believe them to be authentic.

IMG_1075.jpg

yep, i bought em from ya, masta~

i have since sold them both after getting them slabbed

i think i still have those scans somewhere in my bucket

dave

card_crazy

Jul 14, 2009
i personally dont care what anyone thinks. there 100% fake. i believe james spence. i also called joe orlando from psa and now they have to be psa/dna to grade them. i also called upper deck and so did james spence and they are looking into it. they are fake- plain and simple

Irtazman

Apr 7, 2009
card_crazy said:
i personally dont care what anyone thinks. there 100% fake. i believe james spence. i also called joe orlando from psa and now they have to be psa/dna to grade them. i also called upper deck and so did james spence and they are looking into it. they are fake- plain and simple
Those companys try their best at times maybe, but are NOT 100% accurate. I know someone who signed a bunch of different athletes signatures and sent them in and ALL of them came back authentic. Maybe they are only authenticating the fact that they were signed by a human. How else can you explain ine person signing over twenty peoples sigs and all of them getting authenticated as legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts