Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves to build new stadium for 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
They need a need location more than a new stadium. The new location WILL increase attendance as Atlanta population has shifted way north.
Higher incomes in about a 10 mile radius. 400 area is not far either. Look at the perimeter area too. The "move a stadium in a depressed area" experiment has failed. We did it twice here (Fulton County and Turner), and it has flown like a lead balloon

JHeyKolektor24

Oct 14, 2013
Central TX
no, it isn't.

Ticket sales at the Ted were just fine.

It's in a horrible location though, and every game money is lost because there is no where to absorb funds before and after the game. Go look at Wrigleyville if you want to see a vibrant bar and entertainment scene that should be around every ball park.

I couldnt agree more. Wrigley is awesome. I went to 6 games at Turner last year and the area doesnt have much to offer for post-game entertainment

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Am i the only one that gets in his car after a game and drives 90 minutes home? I go for the ballpark, the game itself, and 9 innings of munching peanuts and leaving a pile of shells.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Am i the only one that gets in his car after a game and drives 90 minutes home? I go for the ballpark, the game itself, and 9 innings of munching peanuts and leaving a pile of shells.

No. But there is a large section of people who don't have to make that drive so they spend that time in bars.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Turner field is in a dumpy part of town. There are two hotels and one awful restaurant next door to the stadium. Oh and who can forget AZAR's liquor store nearby that has all of their liquor in a cage. The area is in the middle of Summerhill neighborhood which is known for its crack dealing. I live in Buckhead (about 4 miles as the crow flies) and I think the move is great. The stadium is not controlled by the Braves, but rather the corrupt City of Atlanta system.
I live 2 miles by road from the current stadium and am very sad to hear it will be moving. I totally blame the piece of corrupt XXXX Atlanta calls a mayor for the neighborhood around the stadium. People have wanted to do things with the area for years and never get anywhere because they won't grease the palms of the city officials. This is going to cost Atlanta a lot of money and jobs. To bad Mayor Reed didn't step in front of a truck last week.

If you think the traffic is horrific now wait until you go to a game up in Cobb.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I live 2 miles by road from the current stadium and am very sad to hear it will be moving. I totally blame the piece of corrupt XXXX Atlanta calls a mayor for the neighborhood around the stadium. People have wanted to do things with the area for years and never get anywhere because they won't grease the palms of the city officials. This is going to cost Atlanta a lot of money and jobs. To bad Mayor Reed didn't step in front of a truck last week.

If you think the traffic is horrific now wait until you go to a game up in Cobb.

You know I think it will take some time to work out the kinks.. but overall I think it will work. You have 3 major road arteries. Its a busy area of town... I like to compare it to where the Rangers play. Their stadium is a nicer part of town with a lot of entertainment around it.. Downtown (stadium area) is rough. Between the parking $17 last year, and the people begging for money, people get turned off going down there. lets face it, the burbs pays the bills.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
N1qKhSw.jpg

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
You know I think it will take some time to work out the kinks.. but overall I think it will work. You have 3 major road arteries. Its a busy area of town... I like to compare it to where the Rangers play. Their stadium is a nicer part of town with a lot of entertainment around it.. Downtown (stadium area) is rough. Between the parking $17 last year, and the people begging for money, people get turned off going down there. lets face it, the burbs pays the bills.
I hope so.

I don't think the parking will be cheaper, Cobb will have to pay back that 400 Mil they are putting out. Are they going to do anything about other forms of Transit to the Park?

There are homeless people in Cobb so the begging won't stop.

[MENTION=8332]BiggioBrooks755[/MENTION] can you please weigh in on your expert opinion?
Thanks ~

Sure can :)

If I remember correctly...This was one of the best stadiums in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

Lets see here...

Is there anything wrong with Turner Field? Nope
Anything falling apart or broke? Nope
Does the public want to pay for ANOTHER new stadium, even though the other one is completely fine? Probably not

Prior to the start of the 2005 season, the Braves spent $15 million in improvements to Turner Field. This included the new high definition video/scoreboard replacing the old one, ribbon boards were added along the upper deck, and a new restaurant was constructed in right field. After the 2007 season, 158 seats were added directly behind homeplate that are only 43 feet from the action. These are the most expensive seats at the ballpark and have access to a 5,000 square foot lounge adjacent to the Braves clubhouse."

Why add all these things, just so that you can build a stupid new stadium??
The lease is up? BIG DEAL.

Members online

Latest posts