Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braves to build new stadium for 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
The Ted is in a terrible location. Glad they're moving the stadium to the northern burbs where most of the fans live. There's actually going to be bars and restaurants within walking distance of the stadium now. That wasn't the case at the Ted.

That's what I've always liked about Busch Stadium and hated about Kaufman Stadium.Never been there before, but isn't Turner Field downtown?If so I wouldn't think places to go would be a problem.Try going to Kaufman Stadium sometimes, there are no good places to go to around the stadium because they share a big ass parking with the Chiefs.

Hard to believe Braves are already moving out of their stadium after only 16 years there.What other owners will now try to do the same thing?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
That's what I've always liked about Busch Stadium and hated about Kaufman Stadium.Never been there before, but isn't Turner Field downtown?If so I wouldn't think places to go would be a problem.Try going to Kaufman Stadium sometimes, there are no good places to go to around the stadium because they share a big ass parking with the Chiefs.

Hard to believe Braves are already moving out of their stadium after only 16 years there.What other owners will now try to do the same thing?

its south of downtown, in the stabbing district

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I live 2 miles by road from the current stadium and am very sad to hear it will be moving. I totally blame the piece of corrupt XXXX Atlanta calls a mayor for the neighborhood around the stadium. People have wanted to do things with the area for years and never get anywhere because they won't grease the palms of the city officials. This is going to cost Atlanta a lot of money and jobs. To bad Mayor Reed didn't step in front of a truck last week.

If you think the traffic is horrific now wait until you go to a game up in Cobb.

I read Cobb county doesn't have a public transportation system other than buses like Fulton county does either.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
On #3 I could buy more Ferrari's with 10 mil than I could 8 mil. Maybe a couple Bentley's and a Porsche.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

But you can only drive one Ferrari/Bentley/Porsche at a time.Ah, I get it, a different car has to be driven every day of the month.Silly me.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
its south of downtown, in the stabbing district

Hope the Braves pick a better architect this time, as I always thought Turner Field was really plain looking for a newer park.Ought to hire whomever built the Pirates or Phillies parks.Love the quirky dimensions/landscaping/spiral stairwells/skyline/neon signs in those parks.I did like the nice "this is Braves country" or whatever sign they stamped on the OF wall though.

How long is the Braves TV deal with Sportsouth?Anyway they will ever be back on TBS?*Hated* it when they weren't on TBS anymore.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Lets see here..I asked for stadium name...None..I asked for pics...None

Why not just say they don't have a name and no pics are available yet" instead of being a complete idiot about it?

Wait, Im the idiot because you are too stupid too use google to find out what I linked?
Not only are you a XXXXty troll, youre a XXXXing amazing comedian too.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Hope the Braves pick a better architect this time, as I always thought Turner Field was really plain looking for a newer park.Ought to hire whomever built the Pirates or Phillies parks.Love the quirky dimensions/landscaping/spiral stairwells/skyline/neon signs in those parks.I did like the nice "this is Braves country" or whatever sign they stamped on the OF wall though.

How long is the Braves TV deal with Sportsouth?Anyway they will ever be back on TBS?*Hated* it when they weren't on TBS anymore.

Turner field wasnt built as a baseball stadium.

Turner Field is a baseball park located in Atlanta, Georgia. Since 1997, it has served as the home ballpark to the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB). Originally built as Centennial Olympic Stadium in 1996 to serve as the centerpiece of the 1996 Summer Olympics, the stadium was converted into a baseball park to serve as the new home of the franchise. The Braves moved less than one block from Atlanta–Fulton County Stadium, their home ballpark from 1966-1996.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Turner field wasnt built as a baseball stadium.

Turner Field is a baseball park located in Atlanta, Georgia. Since 1997, it has served as the home ballpark to the Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB). Originally built as Centennial Olympic Stadium in 1996 to serve as the centerpiece of the 1996 Summer Olympics, the stadium was converted into a baseball park to serve as the new home of the franchise. The Braves moved less than one block from Atlanta–Fulton County Stadium, their home ballpark from 1966-1996.

So the Braves didn't have any intention moving there when it was being built?Even after the Olympics seems like some rather simple cosmetic changes could have been made to give it more flair.Also really like the architect that designed Target Field and Petco Park.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Who put up the funds for Turner ? Was some funded by the Olympics ? Just curious (yes I could look up , looking for resident views)

Thanks
Ryan

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
MARTA does not have train service either

Cobb has a bus system that connects to MARTA just like the existing situation at turner.
It is about a 1/2 to 3/4 mile walk from GA State Marta Station to the ballpark or a bus ride if you are to lazy or incapable to walk. There is not even a Marta station within 3-4 miles of the Cobb location. How does that rate? Not very good in my book.

Members online

Latest posts