Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AQUEOUS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I went two bills on the Ryno. Went north of four. I've already got mine, but this would have been an upgrade.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
As I promised earlier here are the scans of the nine Thompson's I own.

And all of the nine together:
AqueousFront.jpg

AqueousBack.jpg

Alright...that's just a ridiculous post. NINE of 'em. Wow! Well done!

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
I bid in the closing seconds but got crushed when it jumped $150 in the final two seconds. For $355 I think I'd rather buy a game used bat or something more substantial.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Alright...that's just a ridiculous post. NINE of 'em. Wow! Well done!

Yeah, I just lost out on what would have been my 10th. I'm convinced there are more than 15 for each player. As pictured I've collected 9 of the Thompson cards, lost out on at least 4 or 5 more, but some of those might now be included in my 9 as they come up for sale every so often by different sellers. Thompson isn't a highly collected player so people might not list his cards as often as a star player in the set. I know of 11 Thompson cards, my 9, the one I just lost on eBay and one on the PSA registry. And I've had contact with a couple of other sellers who claim to to have the card but they have never produced a scan and they haven't been willing to accept a fair price for their cards.

My question is if these cards were printed in sheets then there are at least 11 to 15 of each player on the same sheet as Thompson and possibly the same amount for the etire set. This would seem to adjust the rarity of the Aqueous cards.

Last edited:

miked211

Dec 20, 2009
I have been following these cards looking for a dale Murphy since they were first found in 1999. I finally got this one. There were two major finds in 99- chandy that listed many of them on eBay over the last few years and a mysterious dealer in wisconsin. This is that dealer. He had different cards that chandy did not have in his find. I am about 99% sure these are real otherwise I would not have dropped this kind of money on it. Some cards seem harder to find than others. Mostly high numbers 160's and higher. I only know of 3 Murphy's that exist. Good luck to other player collectors in these auctions. I finally caught my white whale.
michael

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
I have been following these cards looking for a dale Murphy since they were first found in 1999. I finally got this one. There were two major finds in 99- chandy that listed many of them on eBay over the last few years and a mysterious dealer in wisconsin. This is that dealer. He had different cards that chandy did not have in his find. I am about 99% sure these are real otherwise I would not have dropped this kind of money on it. Some cards seem harder to find than others. Mostly high numbers 160's and higher. I only know of 3 Murphy's that exist. Good luck to other player collectors in these auctions. I finally caught my white whale.
michael

Congrats on the win. I had a $750 snipe set on this Murphy as I dont have one either, but had to pull it since a 1/1 Nellie Fox patch was ending that I really wanted. Had to put up a good snipe to win that one and I could only have one of the two. Glad a Murphy collector got it.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

Nice. God am I glad Bags is not in this set as it's 1 year shy of his rookie cards. I really have to hand it to you guys who collect people like Canseco, Will Clark, and the like. I mean with some of the newer cards, even if they are lower numbered, they are still somewhat affordable and the cool thing is, you never even have to search. If you player collect a guy who played up to 2006 or later, every single week a new low numbered parallel will be up for auction. And there are so many, they tend to go decently price wise. But some of this really hard to find early 90's stuff can be a ******! The few things for Bags that were 1992 or before have proven to be hard to find and cost quite a bit to nail down. I couldn't imagine having to do it with multiple releases. Kudos....

miked211

Dec 20, 2009
This is the story on the new find of aqueous test cards. Sent the seller a message after I won the dale murphy.

thanks for the email. we bought this collection about a month ago. we bought it out of grand rapids, MI and this person had these cards for about 7 years. to be honest we did not know about these cards. i thought they were regular 1990 donruss and almost did not even take them with us.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Has anyone received theirs yet from this seller? I did notice that all the cards that didn't sell the first time around were relisted with half the original starting price. But who can take that chance and wait, eh?

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
Congrats to all who picked up their player's card. I was watching the Will Clark auction, but it's now out of my range for a duplicate. Good luck, guys!

Members online

Latest posts