Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AQUEOUS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 10, 2008
I was shocked I got outbid on the McGwire, I thought $815 would have been plenty. It must have been a set collector as I don't recognize the masking. Congrats to those able to add these to their collections.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Bid $50 on the checklist. Ended over $500!! Insane. My $200 missed the McGwire also. $800+ is out of my league.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
well, I missed out on the Butler. I scheduled a snipe with two hours to go and then left to go yard saling. I was hoping to pick it up for the $9.95 opening bid, but it wasn't to be. Final price was $53.88 - I'm guessing it was won by the #1 guy on the registry - he doesn't have a Butler yet, at least not a graded one.

guess I'll have to be satisfied with my lone copy for now. Another will pop up at some point.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Surprisingly, two people outbid me on the Roberto Kelly, but I managed to snag the Hendu. Here's hoping this guy as another Kelly.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
The Puckett's went crazy high and I was forced to bow out. Oh well if they stay at those prices I will never own them.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Wow, some crazy prices!! $511 for the checklist??! Multiple players going for over $1,000, and the Cal Ripken goes for less than $400.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
With Ryan going for nearly $2,000, $400 for the Ripken Jr. seems like a steal.

I'm not sure why Ripken collectors seem to not go after this card. The 2 I have I paid about $250 and $350 for. I would say that it's the high number of total Ripken cards that are out there, but there's also quite a few Ryan cards. Just seems odd that others seem to look over this card

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think the lack of obvious markings on this card as a "desirable card" are what make the gross discrepancies in price. There are some out there who feel like they "have to" have the Aqueous card of their player, and others who probably view it as a silly (albeit rare) version of a card they've seen too many times. Still it is amazing how many big names went for under $100, when you see the prices for guys like Ryan, Smith, McGwire etc.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Geez, is lange ever going to STOP listing Aqueous? Another big round and he mentioned another one coming over Thanksgiving.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Geez, is lange ever going to STOP listing Aqueous? Another big round and he mentioned another one coming over Thanksgiving.

This is why I hate spending a huge amount of money on cards like these. You never know how many are actually out there. Before you know it, someone starts listing a ton of them and the price drops accordingly. I still think these cards are very rare, but obviously there are more of them than we thought there were all these years.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Sweet, I managed to snag that Roberto Kelly the second time around for the minimum $0.99 + s&h. Not sure why the previous copy got bid up over $20, but now I am official done with this set. Now if someone would please start dumping large quantities of 1989 Donruss & Leaf Blue Chips, 1990 Topps Mylar Stickers and 1988 Topps Cloth test issues, I'll be all set.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I had the Fred McGriff and Steve Finely on my watch list and forgot to bid. FML.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How much has this seller made selling Aqueous cards over he months? $20,000+? What a lucky son of a XXXXX to unknowingly find them in a collection he bought.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
just won my 3rd

Ron, I've got my sights set on you and your nine Robbys. ;)

Bring it on!!!

The funny thing about this new wave of cards it that no new Thompsons have popped up. As a matter of fact since Lange has began listing packs and cards only one Thompson has been listed and that was in the first round of listings. I lost that one to a guy trying to build a complete set, he over paid for the card.

Members online