Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card Shop Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Our LCS had atmosphere and a friendly owner. I went in there a couple of times a week to hang out for a while and talk with the owner and other regular customers. I usually ended up buying something each time, too, especially if something new had just come in. I really miss the shop and the camaraderie, as the owner died about 8-9 years ago.

DANNY

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Agree with several posters ideas:
1. Cheap grab bags and since you have kids come in you can offer a free grab bag if they bring their report card in at the end of the year. They could get a free grab bag for all A's or pick a base card of their favorite player for each A. Same shop has the large 5 divided shoe boxes organized by player and sport of commons. They also do the same with their low end hits their is a veteran and rookie box alpha by last name, top loaded and priced.
2. Case breaks one LCS does these once a month brings in pizza and sodas and it is alot of fun.
3. Another local shop gives blue tickets for every 10 spent. and 1 red for each amount over $100. These blue tickets are used to get people back in the door the next week for a chance to win a $25 or $50 gift certificate. The Red tickets are used for a drawing twice a year for a free autographed jersey.
4. Get an email list so you can send emails in regards to deals and new products. Also you could scan the hits or nice cards that are pulled from your packs and include in this email to customers. And of course twitter and facebook are great as well.
5. An area for customers to bust wax and trade and TV so you can have the big games on during the weekend and sportscenter, nfl, mlb, nba, nhl network on during the day when no games are on.
As far as inventory stick with local sports teams and Hall of Famer and Star players. Maybe set up a want list or sometype of survey to get an idea of what your market wants.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts