Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC - Anyone have anything positive to say in 2021? (2022 UPDATE) (2023 UPDATE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
The rest of my discount submission finally dropped, on time. Surprising how quickly some of the Phoenix Magnets sold. Mostly just glad to have those out of the house. I was surprised that a lot of the 1992 BBM cards were listed without player names, even though the players are linked to the cards. Not like the checklist is a mystery.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
They were really trying to mend fences that were heavily damaged in 2020 and 2021 by shipping at a decent speed after their Thanksgiving sales in 2021 and 2022, but they seem to not care as much this year - just stating they would ship out all Cyber Monday orders before 2024. Looking at my Thanksgiving weekend times to ship over the last few years:

2020 - 7 months!
2021 - 10 days
2022 - 16 days
2023 - At 24 days now, estimate is 31 days

16 days is fine for economy shipping, taking a month+ is lame. All of these shipments would have had an extended wait times because of items from a "remote location" and all were hundreds of cards, so your mileage may vary.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
And yet, for their auctions on ebay they can somehow manage to their act together to ship within a few days, while still charging you their "economy" price.

They were really trying to mend fences that were heavily damaged in 2020 and 2021 by shipping at a decent speed after their Thanksgiving sales in 2021 and 2022, but they seem to not care as much this year - just stating they would ship out all Cyber Monday orders before 2024. Looking at my Thanksgiving weekend times to ship over the last few years:

2020 - 7 months!
2021 - 10 days
2022 - 16 days
2023 - At 24 days now, estimate is 31 days

16 days is fine for economy shipping, taking a month+ is lame. All of these shipments would have had an extended wait times because of items from a "remote location" and all were hundreds of cards, so your mileage may vary.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was thinking about trying to ship before Thanksgiving, but waited. I ended up buying nothing there that TG weekend, probably first time in years. Maybe I'll do a year end shipment for 2024 delivery. Last time I looked it was estimating about a month to get the package. Still unacceptable in my opinion.

I just went and requested my shipment to clear up 2023 inventory. Here is my story:
View attachment 352587View attachment 352588

$78.99 express! What a joke! Of course, it says you'd get same day (12/22) delivery for rushed as well for only $25.49, a $50+ discount! Yet, pay a reasonable s/h fee and they need 1+ month to ship. Only a half million cards in front of me now. What is even the purpose of showing that number? I don't care.

UPDATE 1.5 MONTHS LATER!

I figured my shipment would arrive during my vacation. That turned out to be a laugher. It's still not shipped after 1.5 months of "picking". COMC, plenty of people are surprisingly OK with this model. They don't need or want their cards quickly and even defend the process, all in the name of getting $6 shipping for their cheap (usually) purchases made over a long time period. I get it, that was an amazing business model when you first rolled it out. We love to have the world at our fingertips for selection, but we also don't like to pay $5 per item to have these cards shipped from 100s of different sellers. You guys knocked it out of the park in the beginning. Then you got too big for your britches.

However, despite not needing my cards quickly, 2 F-ing months is absolutely STUPID for any business and is an unrealistic expectation to have to wait that long, even if you know and plan ahead for it. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY needs that long to ship anything they sell and getting it earlier should not cost 4X+ the shipping price either.

Here is my latest update for an order I placed 12/16/23. It's been 42 days and my estimated shipping date (2/13/24) is now almost 1 month beyond the original estimated ship date (1/17/24). But hey, there are 177K items still in front of me compared to the original 470k! You need 2 months to pick an order? Seriously, you guys SUCK! Sadly I have a couple cards I bought since this shipment request, so you will get one more order from me, but I think this may be the last one for real this time.
Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 3.46.04 PM.png

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
A month and a half now for my current order. will be 2 months before I even get it. This is totally unacceptable. I have never waited this long for and order. I still have cards waiting to be shipped. Think I will do the rush job. from now on.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Glad I saw this, as I have a cart full of cards I need. Just emptied it out and will pursue other options if possible. Screw that.

adifran25

Aug 18, 2012
Image1706743689.975779.jpg

Sure, COMC I’ll pay $400 for “rushed” delivery. HA! Granted it’s 700 cards, but this is unacceptable. I could maybe see $100. I keep telling myself I’ll stop using this site until they get their crap together, this will be the last shipment from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I just picked up a few cards the other day and I thought the rushed shipping was within reason. $7.89 for 4 cards.

Tracking:Not Shipped Yet
Date Requested:1/29/2024
Estimated Ship Date:2/2/2024
Items Ahead of My Order:18,350

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
View attachment 354235

Sure, COMC I’ll pay $400 for “rushed” delivery. HA! Granted it’s 700 cards, but this is unacceptable. I could maybe see $100. I keep telling myself I’ll stop using this site until they get their crap together, this will be the last shipment from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Holy Crap! That is embarrassingly stupid of COMC. $800 express! Even if you paid a lackey his minimum wage for a full day just to pull only your 700 cards, they are only out about $125 in wages.

I am sad that you'd consider paying $100 even, but to each their own. You'd get your cards quicker than i got mine if you ordered today and they hit your projected date!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just picked up a few cards the other day and I thought the rushed shipping was within reason. $7.89 for 4 cards.

Tracking:Not Shipped Yet
Date Requested:1/29/2024
Estimated Ship Date:2/2/2024
Items Ahead of My Order:18,350
Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 7.50.48 PM.png

Sure, picking 4 cards and shipping takes maybe 2 minutes. I will assume that the 18K cards ahead of you are ALL rush orders, because otherwise these numbers are meaningless. In fact, they probably are meaningless. Just something to make us think things are working through a process. I still have over 100K in front of me for a request I made in Mid December. I only had 38 cards in my order.

Clearly enough people think differently than I do, but I feel like COMC is cutting their own throat with these games. It is clear that they are now favoring ebay and Amazon orders over those made on their own site.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
It is ridiculous, but I can't stop using them because they're a big source of my PC needs.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
The wait sucks but I'm not sweating it. It's all PC stuff I'm not desperate to flip or grade. Hope it gets quicker soon.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Fairness update. Last 3 econo shipments have been early and i gave positive reviews here. This latest one just got pushed back 1 month on the day it should have shipped and now has 279k orders ahead of it. So, boo! But, i paid 5 bucks, i cant whine.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
No complaints here. Where else can you order a bunch of cards over a period of time, have them stored safely for free, and then have them all shipped at once at your request for such a cheap price? All the whining is a bit unfair for such a convenient service.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
No complaints here. Where else can you order a bunch of cards over a period of time, have them stored safely for free, and then have them all shipped at once at your request for such a cheap price? All the whining is a bit unfair for such a convenient service.
Who says we are whining? We are BITCHING!!!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have to say that this mindset is part of the problem. If you let people walk over you, it becomes the norm. Feel free to keep paying more for less though.

How long have you used COMC? Did you ever buy from them before 2020?

The economy shipping option was always a reasonably quick shipping option. For YEARS, I would have cards shipped for $5 and it wouldn't take longer than maybe a week. COMC built their business on this approach, allowing people to combine cheap cards and ship them at a great price and do it in a reasonable time frame. It appears they got too big though and didn't grow their business scale along with their profits.

My complaint now is that this is no longer part of their plan. Now, if you spend the same $6 (used to be $5), you get put in the back of the line to the people who will pay extra or the buyers who bought on a platform that insists on quick shipping (ebay). The world of express passes, economy plus seating and everything else that used to just be part of the service that we are now being charged for, IF we want what used to be the normal service.

I loved the complete COMC package, but now the package changed significantly and it's less appealing. So much so that I am willing to no longer give them my business. Will they wither and die without my purchases? No. Will it hurt them is 100s or 1000s develop the same attitude and look elsewhere for their cheap cards? Yes, it just might.

One last thought and I can't say this enough either. 2+ months to ship a purchase that is IN STOCK is unacceptable, for anyone. Even if everything else was OK, this is not OK and never will be.

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 6.01.14 PM.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Another week pushed out...

My new name for COMC?

Can't Often Meet CommitmentsScreen Shot 2024-02-15 at 6.36.43 PM.png

Last edited:

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
It is now 2 months for an order!! Let the bitching continue. It was shipped today. When I get it, who the HELL KNOWS? B.S. B.S. B.S. B.S. B.S.
Date Requested:12/13/2023
Actual Ship Date:2/15/2024

Members online

Latest posts