Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

December 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
COMC shipment highlights, part 2:

121622-08.jpg
Some Bowman Chrome color. Nothing especially big, just working slowly working my way towards team sets...I actually think I only need one more 2017 Blue auto and I believe Olson finishes off all the 2015 Blues. As a bonus, the 2022 Soderstrom is 50/50.

121622-09.jpg
Some more Refractors...six Golds/50, a 2011 Topps Chrome Red David DeJesus 05/25, and a 2012 Heritage Black Tom Milone/Addison Reed/Matt Moore/Dellin Betances RC 36/63.

121622-10.jpg
Several 2021 and 2022 Topps Black parallels.

121622-11.jpg
Some more Topps parallels...got in under the wire with a Sean Murphy UK Big Ben RC 08/99 before his prices go up with Atlanta.

121622-12.jpg
Autographs released this year...Hudson is 25/49.

121622-13.jpg
And the rest. The Stewart is out of 2014 Tribute, I already had one or two parallels but not this base version. The Chapman jumbo "patch" is 08/10.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Fun pickups this week.

2011 Topps Opening Day Toys R Us Geoffrey The Giraffe #TRU-1 Geoffrey -- That Charlie Brown is an interesting oddity, picked up a similar Topps card the other day on COMC. I normally haven't collected Opening Day variations but this was too cool to pass for a couple of dollars.

Geoffrey.jpg

2003 Topps Kanebo -- Picked up 2002 and 2003 Kanebo Yankees needs (Posada, Giambi, Mondesi and Soriano) to complete the sets.

Alfonso-Soriano.jpg

2022 Topps Update Nestor Cortes #ASG-36 Gold Parallel /75 -- Was looking forward to Nestor's first Yankee Topps card all year. Technically this is an insert, but I prefer this card over his Update base. Nicer photo, and thankfully nowhere near as many variations. Why must everything have a zillion variations and rainbows? Topps needs to Marie Kondo their sets.

I am on the hunt for the Blue and Black which are fairly easy and the Red if it pops up a fair price. These color variations coordinate nicely with his glove, uniform and shoes.

s-l800.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
COMC shipment highlights, part 1:

View attachment 344383
The Chavez auto is from 2009 O-Pee-Chee and is one you don't see pop up too often.
Nice, IU will buy anyone of any level of decentness from that OPC auto set. I like it a lot. Don't have the Chavez and would have picked it up had you not!

I also got a COMC shipment, today. It was early, so after a lot of complaining about them, this is a pleasant surprise to get my package a few days early, right before the weekend. I'll sort and file everything now that has come in over the last week+ as I am behind due to heavy work obligations, saving myself the task of doing it again after the COMC shipment arrived.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My non-COMC mailday included...

Mo! Apparently I get these free because the seller in Australia was unresponsive and slow, so I filed a claim. Oddly enough, ebay sided with me and refunded my money after a tracking number was posted and cards were on the way. They arrived yesterday and today I spoke to ebay about another issue and asked if they could reverse the refund, as I wanted the seller to get paid for delivering, despite their irritatingly poor customer service. Ebay rep told me that they got their money anyway and the refund to me was because the cards were late. I don't know if she was right or clueless, but I tired. Malone 1.pngMalone 2.png. Same seller also sold me these. It's not that unbelievable, but still a little surprising to see US cards originating from foreign countries, yet finding cards native to foreign countries in the US and even on ebay seems more difficult than it should. N Smith.jpgE Turner.jpgMashburn.png

There there is this fun name. I remember having his 1970 & 1971 cards and never even imagining his name being sounded out, thinking I couldn't pronounce it if I had to. Now it seems less daunting.s-l1600-1.jpg

Lastly, the 3 sets of Galasso cards I mentioned earlier this week arrived. s-l1600.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The rest of my COMC shipment, quite a haul. I live in the bargain world. I love cheap cards that fit into my interests. I would like to play in the big game, but I'd rather get 100+ cards for fun than 1 big hit. This selection defines that interest to a T. It's the love of the game mostly.

Here are some insert sets I have been slowly working on, some "special" cards. I have always liked those unnumbered or 1 special insert sets, commemoratives, etc. The Delgado is one from a 90s Pinnacle set. The Wendy's Clemente hologram cards are plentiful, but super cool. If you don't have one and like holos or Clemente, its a great deal for around $2-3 or less.BB1.jpg

Redemptions, what can I say. I love a card that was hard to pull originally, then had to be sent off for something else, often never being returned to the one redeeming it. Enough unopened material seems to be out there than some of these may be pulled years from now, but still a fun subset of mine to chase. The black card in the corner is one of the Favre Skymotion redemption cards. Some of these were traded for small sets, others for special cards. None are redeemed except the Thomas 500HR card.

Then there is that oddball Willis Reed NBAPA Postcard from the early 70s that I stole from COMC! Redemptions.jpg

Some football insert set builds, specials and a few Faulks.

FB.jpg

Basketball, more of the same.
BK.jpg

Finally a big old stack of autos!
Nothing overly exciting in the rest of the baseball here.BB AU 1.jpg

Football. The star here is the Rod Woodson Raiders Auto bottom row, 4 card from left. Woodson isn't cheap and his Raider cards are a bit sparse. Solid HOF add. FB AU.jpg

Basketball, will start with the so-sos and end with a bang. BK AU 2.jpg

Put a dent in the AP set with a few that have not really shown up on ebay much. Added a Gary Payton too. Still looking for a few more affordable HOFers and then I hit a wall.

BK AU.jpg

Dodgerfan74

Oct 6, 2008
The rest of my COMC shipment, quite a haul. I live in the bargain world. I love cheap cards that fit into my interests. I would like to play in the big game, but I'd rather get 100+ cards for fun than 1 big hit. This selection defines that interest to a T. It's the love of the game mostly.

Here are some insert sets I have been slowly working on, some "special" cards. I have always liked those unnumbered or 1 special insert sets, commemoratives, etc. The Delgado is one from a 90s Pinnacle set. The Wendy's Clemente hologram cards are plentiful, but super cool. If you don't have one and like holos or Clemente, its a great deal for around $2-3 or less.View attachment 344407

Redemptions, what can I say. I love a card that was hard to pull originally, then had to be sent off for something else, often never being returned to the one redeeming it. Enough unopened material seems to be out there than some of these may be pulled years from now, but still a fun subset of mine to chase. The black card in the corner is one of the Favre Skymotion redemption cards. Some of these were traded for small sets, others for special cards. None are redeemed except the Thomas 500HR card.

Then there is that oddball Willis Reed NBAPA Postcard from the early 70s that I stole from COMC! View attachment 344408

Some football insert set builds, specials and a few Faulks.

View attachment 344409

Basketball, more of the same.
View attachment 344410

Finally a big old stack of autos!
Nothing overly exciting in the rest of the baseball here.View attachment 344411

Football. The star here is the Rod Woodson Raiders Auto bottom row, 4 card from left. Woodson isn't cheap and his Raider cards are a bit sparse. Solid HOF add. View attachment 344412

Basketball, will start with the so-sos and end with a bang. View attachment 344413

Put a dent in the AP set with a few that have not really shown up on ebay much. Added a Gary Payton too. Still looking for a few more affordable HOFers and then I hit a wall.

View attachment 344414
I like the Clemente, because it’s styled after his 1963 Topps card, which I collect. I’m working on the 2022 Archives 1963 subset

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
I too had a COMC mailday yesterday, not as large as some but pretty fun for me, with lots of oddballs. I actually like the delay between requesting and receiving the shipment - makes the contents more of a surprise.

PXL_20221217_172054310.jpg

Oddball baseball, all former Pirates, including Gunter and Padron who were Bucs minor-leaguers. Both Harrisons have the 582 Montgomery stamp.

PXL_20221217_172402405.MP.jpg

And an assortment of WBB for my type card collection, now with more than 130 sets represented. I love the cheap autos; Battle, Walker-Kimbrough, and Wright are all from the Pittsburgh area; and Denise Jackson from IU.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
2022 Topps Heritage High Number Black Border #689 Jameson Taillon /50 -- Now a Cub, so this is perhaps the last of his Yankee releases.

s-l500.jpg

Completes my one page, 9-card, collection of Taillon.

1. 2009 Bowman AFLAC Autographs #JT PSA 9 #d 50/230 Jersey Numbered!
2. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors #127A Vault Blank Back #d 1/1
3. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors Black #127 #d/96
4. 2013 Topps Heritage Minors Venezuelan Parallel #127
5. 2013 Topps Pro Debut #147A Vault Blank Back #d 1/1
6. 2013 Topps Pro Debut Gold #147 #d/50
7. 2021 Finest Flashbacks Prism Refractors #155 #d/35
8. 2021 Topps Heritage High Number Black Border #607 /50
9. 2022 Topps Heritage High Number Black Border #689 /50

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
These came in via a TCDB trade. I'm now at 253/264 of the Topps set, completing it entirely through trades after starting with a handful of cards (including the Gretzky) that I pulled from packs as a kid.

View attachment 344464

I'm also working on the OPC set via trade, now at 327/396.
You are lucky. I opened a few packs that year myself, knowing nothing about Gretzky, but really wanting a Gordie Howe. Didn't get either!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yary and Krause. No shortage of these guys, especially Krause, but good luck finding a Tinglehoff. Sometimes the certified cards frustrate.
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

This guy took a while. Tracking in the standard trading card package showed in Seattle and I was ready to receive, then next thing I know it;s being delivered in Miami! Seller resent and finally got it about a month after buying. It's /10. I got TP'd. s-l1600-4.jpg