Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Great stuff Magic! That auto looks awesome. Very nice pick ups.

bad- Great auto. Those are very nice looking cards. One of the nicest looking auto sets ever produced.

Joe

badmajama

Aug 11, 2008
muskiesfan said:
Great stuff Magic! That auto looks awesome. Very nice pick ups.

bad- Great auto. Those are very nice looking cards. One of the nicest looking auto sets ever produced.

Joe

Thanks Joe! I would have pulled the trigger on that bat barrel, but I won 2 other 1/1's right before that ended and I couldn't afford it in the end. Oh well I got 3 NFL logo 1/1 auto's instead.

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
Mailday :)
goudey.jpg

Roy

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
bad- That's pretty cool! Let me know when you get those scanned up because I would like to take a look at them.

Roy- Great card. The Goudey graphs look great again this year.

By the way, does anyone know how to get ahold of Mel (spikes)? I've been searching and I don't have his e-mail address or anything and I haven't seen him in forever. I was just wondering if anyone e-mailed him or got in contact with him at all.

Joe

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
muskiesfan said:
By the way, does anyone know how to get ahold of Mel (spikes)? I've been searching and I don't have his e-mail address or anything and I haven't seen him in forever. I was just wondering if anyone e-mailed him or got in contact with him at all.

Joe

I think that I emailed him a link when we first moved, but it might have been the temp. site. Just emailed him a link to this thread.

Roy

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Roy Birchler said:
muskiesfan said:

Joe

I think that I emailed him a link when we first moved, but it might have been the temp. site. Just emailed him a link to this thread.

Roy

Thanks Roy. Magic sent me his e-mail and I sent him a link as well.

Joe

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
the cards on this post are quite amazing, I do have a question as it seems like the BIG GRIFFEY collectors are in here, can anyone help me out identifying this card...(I will add front and back so you can see the difference) I know its from Leather and Lumber but I pulled this out of a pack one day and still have no ideas about it. Its supposed to be numbered, and the foil is holo blue/platinum??

FRONT:
IMG_0705.jpg

BACK:
IMG_0707.jpg

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
SouthSideSluggers said:
the cards on this post are quite amazing, I do have a question as it seems like the BIG GRIFFEY collectors are in here, can anyone help me out identifying this card...(I will add front and back so you can see the difference) I know its from Leather and Lumber but I pulled this out of a pack one day and still have no ideas about it. Its supposed to be numbered, and the foil is holo blue/platinum??

FRONT:
IMG_0705.jpg

BACK:
IMG_0707.jpg

This looks like the choices,
2005 Leather and Lumber Lumber/ Leather #12 Ken Griffey Jr. Print Run
Card 2005 Leather and Lumber Lumber/ Leather Gold #12 Ken Griffey Jr. Print Run
Card 2005 Leather and Lumber Lumber/ Leather Platinum #12 Ken Griffey Jr. Print Run
Card 2005 Leather and Lumber Lumber/ Leather Silver #12 Ken Griffey Jr. Print Run

My guess is that it would be the one with a 2000 print run. It is not gold or silver and I am pretty sure that the 1/1 would be numbered. But then it is Donruss, so who knows.

Roy

SouthSideSluggers

Aug 7, 2008
Sunny Los Angeles
Thanks Roy, I don't think its the numbered to 2000 (gold version) if you look at the foil it looks like the PLATINUM version without the numbering and off cut...here is a gold version to compare it to.

IMG_0708.jpg

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
SouthSideSluggers said:
yeah it's miscut on front and back...but I would like to identify it and this is the board and thread to do it I believe.

I wish I could help you. Where is the quote in your sig from? I can't recall.

Members online

Latest posts