Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Well shoot. Looks like that person ruined it for you and your potential buyers. As for his excuse? Lame. No need to lie right there. Tough break on a potential steal of a deal.

That's lame, but it is to be expected. When you post a steal before it's in-hand, you run that risk.

But from the other side of the coin, at what point do we draw the morality line? There's a difference between getting a great price on a card where both the seller and buyer know what it is, and getting a $300 card for pennies because the seller thinks its a $30 card.

I'm in no way saying you did anything wrong. I'm guessing someone emailed him (still not telling him what it is) offering a higher price. Maybe ****-block right back, and tell the seller you think it might be a Grand Finale and then negotiate with him accordingly.

Jhileman79

Nov 28, 2014
I can't be too upset it's just a card. If he did sell it to someone else hopefully it went to a good home. Now time to go find some Jeter cards, haha.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Anyone ever seen something like this?

FullSizeRender_zps09678b00.jpg

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014
What do you think about having auctions end next Sunday July 5th or maybe Thursday July 2nd? It's 4th of July weekend so do you think it would hurt the prices ending the Thursday the 2nd (people possibly getting ready for the holiday weekend) or Sunday The 5th (people still getting back home from the weekend) ?

Crump_family

Jun 9, 2014
What do you think about having auctions end next Sunday July 5th or maybe Thursday July 2nd? It's 4th of July weekend so do you think it would hurt the prices ending the Thursday the 2nd (people possibly getting ready for the holiday weekend) or Sunday The 5th (people still getting back home from the weekend) ?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm probably gonna take a couple weeks off after this week with my auctions to clear the holiday.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Alright Griffey collectors. Post your favorite 2000 issued card of Griffey in a Mariner's uniform. Mine is:

2000 Ultra Talented /99
GriffeyUltra.jpeg

I suggest this because a lot of us only collect Griffeys in an M's uni. Just by looking at the 2000 checklist, we can't always determine what team he is depicted with. This might be a way to help other collector's add some cool cards to their want list that they didn't even know existed.

Members online

Latest posts