Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
1997toppsMit1998StarsandSteel029_zps3ab6d149.jpg

bcarlson33

Nov 14, 2014
Magic papa-

No need to post anything in my griffey collection, since you cover pretty much every griffey! Haha
i love checking this thread for what Griffeys you post daily, as t gives me ideas on griffeys I want to go for

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Magic papa-

No need to post anything in my griffey collection, since you cover pretty much every griffey! Haha
i love checking this thread for what Griffeys you post daily, as t gives me ideas on griffeys I want to go for

victory100.jpg

1999ultvictory.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I had a Silver Promo long ago I bought the set for $110.00. There extremely rare to find the Silver much less the Bronze. I want to say only 15 to 20 copies exist and the last Silver Promo that sold was the Jeter and it went for $246.50 not that long ago. I know where to get a Gold Griffey Promo though he would probably not sell it for what the last one sold for

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I had a Silver Promo long ago I bought the set for $110.00. There extremely rare to find the Silver much less the Bronze. I want to say only 15 to 20 copies exist and the last Silver Promo that sold was the Jeter and it went for $246.50 not that long ago. I know where to get a Gold Griffey Promo though he would probably not sell it for what the last one sold for

Curios where your 15-20 copies theory is from? I'd would say there is many more than that, but could be wrong. You also state in your listing that they didn't use the Silver any more and gave them away ? Can you clarify that? They did use silver in their product so I'm curious what you mean. Just curious what you are using as your number or use source.

Ryan

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Seeing I bought a set many years ago from a guy who worked with Leaf who was given the set I have heard this number from him and others like the guy who owns all those Bronze Promos as he was never sold any of the Silver because the lead engineer was never given any who gave him the back story on how the cards were made and how many were made. Also I believe if memory serves me right smalltraditions gave me this kind of number I will look for the email and talks they can't be that easy to find I have looked for years and have only seen 5 or 6 copies of Jeter that have popped up but generally beckett has some information and with the Silver and Bronze they have none. If you look most of the sales right now are from 1 person. No one knows exactly but most of the cards on ebay that are Silver are owned by the same seller. it's a good question that I am guessing as well as everyone else the Silver Promo's I want to tell you there was another topic posted years ago I forgot where when the first Silver cards were sold and beckett listed them. If you can tell me where you came up with more than 20 I would like to give the best information possible. I have spent months trying to find more information on these cards so I am only given what I know.

Curios where your 15-20 copies theory is from? I'd would say there is many more than that, but could be wrong. You also state in your listing that they didn't use the Silver any more and gave them away ? Can you clarify that? They did use silver in their product so I'm curious what you mean. Just curious what you are using as your number or use source.

Ryan

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi Everyone,
I REALLY NEED SOME HELP. The IRS has a 1099 from Paypal representing Griffey Jr Card Sales I've made on Ebay in 2013.
I need a couple "EXPERT OPINIONS" from this forum to help me. Michael (MAGICPAPA) might be one and a few others.
What I need is for those who know Griffey Jr Cards, and how their values (AN ESTIMATE) may of changed over the last 5 to 7 years.
I need to be able to show the IRS that "experts" of which there are many on this forum, state that Griffey Jr Card Values have decreased, remained the same or increased over the last 5 to 7 years. From my auctions, and what I believe I paid, I am certainly losing money.
BUT I just need your HONEST opinion, in terms of what the cards have done, not the highest value cards like the Red Crusade, but the more typical lower to mid value cards.

If I could print off a few estimates from Griffey Jr Card Collectors, I believe it would help me justify to the IRS that I am not making money, and that what I paid was probably more than what the cards sold for on the average.

I would be most indebted to any of you willing to just give an opinion on the forum, which the only "EXPERT" source I know of to use for Griffey Jr Cards.

I will follow what you have to say and thank you very much for your time

Steve Brinn

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hi Everyone,
I REALLY NEED SOME HELP. The IRS has a 1099 from Paypal representing Griffey Jr Card Sales I've made on Ebay in 2013.
I need a couple "EXPERT OPINIONS" from this forum to help me. Michael (MAGICPAPA) might be one and a few others.
What I need is for those who know Griffey Jr Cards, and how their values (AN ESTIMATE) may of changed over the last 5 to 7 years.
I need to be able to show the IRS that "experts" of which there are many on this forum, state that Griffey Jr Card Values have decreased, remained the same or increased over the last 5 to 7 years. From my auctions, and what I believe I paid, I am certainly losing money.
BUT I just need your HONEST opinion, in terms of what the cards have done, not the highest value cards like the Red Crusade, but the more typical lower to mid value cards.

If I could print off a few estimates from Griffey Jr Card Collectors, I believe it would help me justify to the IRS that I am not making money, and that what I paid was probably more than what the cards sold for on the average.

I would be most indebted to any of you willing to just give an opinion on the forum, which the only "EXPERT" source I know of to use for Griffey Jr Cards.

I will follow what you have to say and thank you very much for your time

Steve Brinn
havent been really too active the last couple years, but yes I'd say all but 90's type cards have been the market, most of his newer stuff has went down

Members online