Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrian.

May 16, 2013
If inappropriate, please delete...

Anybody out there have a base version of The Man (98) and Intimidator (96), that they'd be willing to sell at a decent price? I'm pretty lenient on condition. I just want to add them at this point.

Please PM.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
With my 1990s wantlist getting smaller and smaller, I've been looking at Griff's early 2000 stuff lately.

Looking at the pictures on comc paid off...
seismic.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
This has been an EXTREMELY tough Griffey for me to find. Might've overpaid, but I finally have one to call my own.

97 Pinnacle Inside Diamond Edition
diamondedition.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Why are they so tough to find? Odds aren't that tough at 1:63. Just not much of the product opened?

Correct , and they were inserted in cans (like soup cans). So it wasn't a traditional product. So think of the space for 63 cans and see why it wasn't opened as if it was 63 packs.

Ryan

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Correct , and they were inserted in cans (like soup cans). So it wasn't a traditional product. So think of the space for 63 cans and see why it wasn't opened as if it was 63 packs.

Ryan

Yeah. A "case" only had 24 cans (packs). So you figure one diamond edition popped up every 3 cases. 150 cards in the set, so you'd have to open 450 cases for your card to pop up. I think 11 cases of this flopped product was opened lol.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I own a few sealed cans but there part of collection. 1998 seemed like you see more out there with the Diamond Edition. I see Jeter's all the time 1997 not so much.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
So here is a card Ive been avoiding. Mainly because quite a few fakes made their way into PSA slabs, along with a fake UDA sticker. If you're a Griffey collector, you can spot the difference in the signatures. I'd be more comfortable buying the one on the left, unslabbed, than the one on the right in a PSA Authentic slab. Anyone have any info or insight on these? 2009 UD 20th Anniversary buyback

griffey20years.png

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
a few of us were keeping track of the fakes
So here is a card Ive been avoiding. Mainly because quite a few fakes made their way into PSA slabs, along with a fake UDA sticker. If you're a Griffey collector, you can spot the difference in the signatures. I'd be more comfortable buying the one on the left, unslabbed, than the one on the right in a PSA Authentic slab. Anyone have any info or insight on these? 2009 UD 20th Anniversary buyback

View attachment 53916

a few of us were keeping track of the fakes ( No COA) also the Holo stickers on the real ones do go in order, un like the fakes
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mnbamboozled/library/griffeys/no COA buybacks?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the info. I remember seeing a list somewhere, a looooong time ago, of the authentic ones, along with the serial # of the sticker. Any clue where I might find that?

prolly on this thread.. some where between page 1 and 474 I reckon................