Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Picked up a few more last night.....

2013 Topps Triple Threads Gold Jumbo Jersey serial numbered 3 / 9
2014 Topps Stadium Club Legends Die Cut Gold Refractor serial numbered 23 / 25
2014 Topps Triple Threads Sapphire serial numbered 5 / 25

All three for less than $100 I'm without a Beckett price guide at the moment, but I think that I did okay.

There were a couple of 1997 Flair Showcase cards and a 1997 Donruss Limited Exposure put up last night, and they went quick. Had I known that they would've went that fast, I would've bought them. But, that would have been $630 for all three of them. So, not sure if they were worth that much.

Since I've been out of collecting for so long and I used to have everything, is the focus these days just on the inserts from the 90's to now, or just the 90's inserts, or a bit of everything?

For instance, I will put together the 98 and 99 Topps Gold Label cards from the common, black and red of the kid. But, at the same token, I really like the 90's inserts as well as the current stuff from today.

I'm looking at a 2001 Donruss Elite Prime Numbers 26/30 and talking with the seller about a selling price. What would be a fair price for this card? I've made two offers and my last offer of $100 was rejected. He says to toss out another offer and if it's close, he will deal. Since I don't have a price guide, I thought the $100 was fair. Help with this one please?

Thanks.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Picked up a Griffey 2003 Upper Deck Honor Roll Masterpiece 1/1 for $60 this evening.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 26

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Picked up a Griffey 2003 Upper Deck Honor Roll Masterpiece 1/1 for $60 this evening.

You may want to verify that is a legit 1/1. Don't believe they had them in that set and the stamping don't used look a lot like those fakes done in other products by 3rd parties. I'm not 100%, but I'd hate to see you jacked for $60 on a fraudulent card.

Ryan

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
You may want to verify that is a legit 1/1. Don't believe they had them in that set and the stamping don't used look a lot like those fakes done in other products by 3rd parties. I'm not 100%, but I'd hate to see you jacked for $60 on a fraudulent card.

Ryan

Ryan,

Thank you. I contacted the seller and suggested that the sale be cancelled. Haven't heard anything back, but hopefully he will cancel the sale, because I told him that I would be returning the card if it arrived in my mailbox.

Thank you.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Do 1/1 cards mean much anymore?

post1-1.jpg

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
RStadlerASU22, Thank you again for your keen insight on spotting that fake card. The seller refunded my money this morning, much to my relief.

image.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Just gots the 1, it was a Gift from one of my Cardboard Family Members ;)

2006ExquisiteSignaturePatch.jpg

and No not Tpm , I's Be...................
Magics_Magic.gif

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Well that was a bit excessive. Starting a thread and essentially posting your entire collection. Not the best way to get others to positively chime in I wouldn't think.

I don't think he means to sound like an obnoxious "look at me" type of guy, but I've actually seen him respond to peoples' compliments with things like "You're right. It is an awesome card." I cringe everytime I see his signature: "check out my AMAZING griffey collection"

I honestly believe he's just a guy who loves his collection, but it does come off a bit abrasive.

Members online

Latest posts