Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hello from a New guy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel6401

Jun 1, 2013
Hello everyone! First post here.

Just getting back into collecting after 20years. I stopped pretty much in middle school. Only cards I've managed to keep over the years has been a MJ collection I started years ago. About 90-100 cards in it, haven't an exact count at this moment. Nothing special at all, mostly commons. Nonetheless since he's my all-time fav (as many) I kept them.

A few months ago I figured to start collecting again. First card I bought was a 03/04 Bowman gold LBJ RC than followed by a Kobe 96/97 ex2000 RC. I figured to collect those cards and when I'm ready to retire in 30yrs sell. I then started to buy some cards from my favorite player Ray Allen. Nothing special, I buy the ones I like the looks of, not really which may yield the best value. I don't think I'll sale any of those down the road. I'm mostly in a budget of $0-$100 so I can get in that range is good for me. Between my other 2 hobbies (photography and radio control planes, helis, cars and boats) my hobby funds are stretched thin. Well that's the run down of me. :D

On my list I would like to grab Durants, more LBJ and K. Irving. Those would be for investment purposes. I really plan on collecting Ray Allen cards for personnel keeps. Still the prettiest "J" in the league!

I do have some questions:

* Where's the best place to obtain price information? I don't want to overpay for anything.
* I've been buying from eBay, is their other sites to make good buys?
* Is one grading company better than the others? Who's the most respected?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
1. The best way to obtain price info is from ebay's completed listings or sortsof.com
2. Comc is a good place to buy cards you should check it out.
3. PSA, Beckett and SGC are widely known to be the most reputable graders in the hobby but PSA and Beckett are definitely 1&2.Although if you want proxy gaming cards you should check out ISA

Good Luck!

Diesel6401

Jun 1, 2013
1. The best way to obtain price info is from ebay's completed listings or sortsof.com
2. Comc is a good place to buy cards you should check it out.
3. PSA, Beckett and SGC are widely known to be the most reputable graders in the hobby but PSA and Beckett are definitely 1&2.Although if you want proxy gaming cards you should check out ISA

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply and thanks for answering my questions. I'll definitely check those sites out as well.

Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts