Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I found the absolute weirdest LCS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fitefansho

May 26, 2010
There is a big LCS in Manchester, NH that has many of the problems outlined here: Overpriced out of date irrelevant product, a stunningly out of touch owner (who turns into PT Barnum the moment you make the mistake of expressing interest in anything) etc..but one thing they did which I thought was pretty sleazy recently was get a NH lottery machine and also scratch tickets and they had this gambling equipment right up next to new baseball cards. Wrong on so many levels and when I went in there recently it was gone, thankfully.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
yankeefan1971 said:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ........................................................................> HE PROMISES OVER 25 PLAYERS AT OUR NEXT SIGNING !!!!!!

Wow! Excitable much?

Point of fact is the op based his opinion on the validity of the store being a 'card store', to which it is somewhat lame. Now, be that as it may, it does have some positive attributes but lets not take this out of context. I live near by and have seen the place first hand, it's laughable for the average card collector, period. But I must say, the bolded part I quoted of you.... "our next signing"? Do you feel you go there so often that it belongs to you, or....... Are you involved and came here in sheeps clothing to spew a biased opinion? I only ask because as I said I've been there in person, and simply can not believe someone promoting the shop so feverishly as you are/did without being part owner...

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
matfanofold said:
yankeefan1971 said:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ........................................................................> HE PROMISES OVER 25 PLAYERS AT OUR NEXT SIGNING !!!!!!

Wow! Excitable much?

Point of fact is the op based his opinion on the validity of the store being a 'card store', to which it is somewhat lame. Now, be that as it may, it does have some positive attributes but lets not take this out of context. I live near by and have seen the place first hand, it's laughable for the average card collector, period. But I must say, the bolded part I quoted of you.... "our next signing"? Do you feel you go there so often that it belongs to you, or....... Are you involved and came here in sheeps clothing to spew a biased opinion? I only ask because as I said I've been there in person, and simply can not believe someone promoting the shop so feverishly as you are/did without being part owner...
Have you heard of this place or been to the signings?I know we are both in the Albany area and I have never heard of them.A google search did nothing for me as well.
Mike

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
hofmichael said:
matfanofold said:
yankeefan1971 said:

Wow! Excitable much?

Have you heard of this place or been to the signings?I know we are both in the Albany area and I have never heard of them.A google search did nothing for me as well.
Mike

Yeah, after the op made the post, I took the ~40 minute drive up to see what it was all about, and he is spot on. It's much what you would expect from a mall type 'hobby' shop trying to cater to everyone and everything, but perhaps even more so 'all over the map' with no real direction. It's does come off as disheveled and although I thought there were plenty of 'interesting' things to look at and buy, it in no way resembles what I would consider a card store/shop. It's more of a hobby shop that is obviously looking to capitalize off of kids and casual collectors and perhaps auto hounds. If your in the area, it's worth a short trip, but nothing to write home about. But lets face it, I'm easy to please!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
matfanofold said:
hofmichael said:
matfanofold said:
yankeefan1971 said:

Wow! Excitable much?

Mike

Yeah, after the op made the post, I took the ~40 minute drive up to see what it was all about, and he is spot on. It's much what you would expect from a mall type 'hobby' shop trying to cater to everyone and everything, but perhaps even more so 'all over the map' with no real direction. It's does come off as disheveled and although I thought there were plenty of 'interesting' things to look at and buy, it in no way resembles what I would consider a card store/shop. It's more of a hobby shop that is obviously looking to capitalize off of kids and casual collectors and perhaps auto hounds. If your in the area, it's worth a short trip, but nothing to write home about. But lets face it, I'm easy to please!
Do you know anything about the auto sessions that this guy is raving about?
Mike

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
hofmichael said:
matfanofold said:
hofmichael said:
matfanofold said:
yankeefan1971 said:

Wow! Excitable much?

Mike

Do you know anything about the auto sessions that this guy is raving about?
Mike

Not a thing. Perhaps I missed all the sinage, but I did not hear or see anything..

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
matfanofold said:
yankeefan1971 said:

Wow! Excitable much?

Well said. Why would a person that goes to signings only (that's basically what I took from his post), from this shop, yet promote it that much? Why would he get extremely pissed off at what was said on this thread if he was just someone who frequented the shop? He also knew a lot more about the shop than a customer would know. I have a hard time believing that poster is not the owner, but maybe I'm wrong.

yankeefan1971

Jun 22, 2010
We have had about 10 card stores in our area closed down. They don't seem to last long. This one does very well. It has a little bit of everything. Not all cards. But this store has a constant flow of traffic all day everyday. So the guy is doing something right. For the 2 of you that took a ride there. Did you ask about signings at all ?? The entire store has huge banners hanging everywhere , if you call the store 518 480 3437 just tell him you would like free tickets. Because they are free. As far as new cards go. I have only bought 2010 Bowman baseball from that store , looking for SS. 2 Boxes. But my kids like to just pick out singles. They get the ones they exactly want. As far as Ken Phelps and your other Mariners go. You seem to have forgotten the hundreds of Ichiro's and Griffeys. The packs here are great. Does your store have 1976 Topps Football packs. New stuff is everywhere , Walmart and Target. Big deal. We pulled a Montana Rookie from his 81's and got it back graded a 9. Its nice to know he is very honest with his old packs. I also pulled a Karl Malone from the 86 Fleer. Was $90 a pack no Michael , but the Karl was nice. Whoever is writing on here with the picture of the 1984 autograph Gooden , I love that card. One of the early staples of this business. Since you guys are card experts. ANSWER THIS > what year had the first ever Donruss RATED ROOKIES ???

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
yankeefan1971 said:
We have had about 10 card stores in our area closed down. They don't seem to last long. This one does very well. It has a little bit of everything. Not all cards. But this store has a constant flow of traffic all day everyday. So the guy is doing something right. For the 2 of you that took a ride there. Did you ask about signings at all ?? The entire store has huge banners hanging everywhere , if you call the store 518 480 3437 just tell him you would like free tickets. Because they are free. As far as new cards go. I have only bought 2010 Bowman baseball from that store , looking for SS. 2 Boxes. But my kids like to just pick out singles. They get the ones they exactly want. As far as Ken Phelps and your other Mariners go. You seem to have forgotten the hundreds of Ichiro's and Griffeys. The packs here are great. Does your store have 1976 Topps Football packs. New stuff is everywhere , Walmart and Target. Big deal. We pulled a Montana Rookie from his 81's and got it back graded a 9. Its nice to know he is very honest with his old packs. I also pulled a Karl Malone from the 86 Fleer. Was $90 a pack no Michael , but the Karl was nice. Whoever is writing on here with the picture of the 1984 autograph Gooden , I love that card. One of the early staples of this business. Since you guys are card experts. ANSWER THIS > what year had the first ever Donruss RATED ROOKIES ???
Since you are clearly the owner of this shop,do you have a website with the signing info?I do like the vintage wax packs being available.I live in the Albany area and i am interested in the signings.Could you send me an email if you do not have a wesite?
Mike

yankeefan1971

Jun 22, 2010
I do not work at the store. I wish. If you Google Omega Sports Summit Mall . You will find info about past signings. All of his signings are free so they don't have to advertise. Our next signing .... meaning my kids and I . Is this Saturday @ 6:pm. Each customer is allowed to come around twice a month. There is always 400 people at each event. When you turn your ticket in they hand you your next date on the spot. Call the store if you have any questions , I don't want to give you any incorrect info. I have taken the ride to some of the other Omega Sports in NiagaraFalls & N. Carolina for signings. They didn't have any cards , mostly clothing , sports equiptment , more like a Dicks but smaller. I won't be driving out there again. Since I have an Omega within 40 minutes from me here. When I first bought something there she gave us a season ticket right in our bag for free. Now we are hooked.

Jul 30, 2009
The Omega I went to was in the Aviation Mall. You mention it as being in the summit mall.

And to your trivia? 1983 Donruss on the back. Next.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, Aviation Mall. I went to camp in the Adirondacks, and we'd take a trip there evrery year. I saw Ghostbusters there.

Now back to your ranting thread.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
"this is exactly what we have, and heres what we are getting in... here the the exact days.. we are getting them in.. down the the exact hour. here is our monthly income charts and how many employee listings Ive put out. heres the signees list months in advance... oh yeah, and I do NOT work here"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
yankeefan1971 said:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ! ! ! ! That store is the best in the world. You have NO CLUE what your talking about. The reason the back of the store is kept clear is because they have autograph signings EVERYDAY !!!! YES EVERYDAY. And they are FREE. While you are hoping to pull autographs from packs Omega Sports has the players IN PERSON , FOR FREE. YOU FORGOT OR ARE JUST BLIND. The entire store is full of huge banners from autograph signings. There is a reason HUNDREDS of people line up out the door everynight. Just google Omega Sports autograph signings and you will see. This store has opened about a year ago. And for FREE , me and my family have already met RYAN MILLER , MIKE BOSSY (HOF) , MARCEL DIONNE (HOF) , GILBERT PERREAULT (HOF) , DANIEL BRIERE , PAUL O'NEILL , BERNIE WILLIAMS , RON GUIDRY , THE UNDERTAKER , JOHN CENA , DAVE PROWSE AKA DARTH VADER , MIKE RICHTER , MATT MORGAN , HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN , TRISH STRATUS , TROY AIKMAN , AND OTHER STAR WARS ACTORS. We also met some less famous people there Hall of Famer Charlie Taylor , Roy White , Tommy John , Mick Foley , King Kong Bundy , Jerry The King Lawler. Other customers have tickets for different days so I can only imagine who I have missed. The entire area of Lake George , Albany and as far as NY City all the way to Boston and Montreal make the trek nightly to meet the celebs there. Oh by the way you mentioned the Darth Vader cutout , yeah HELLO its signed. Who exactly have you had for signings. NOBODY !!!! I have a ticket for this Friday June 25 and Im sure he would give you all a free ticket too. Where else in the world can you get this. Almost forgot DREW BREES . was here the day after the draft. This guy is obviously rich , and rubbed you the wrong way. But it is easy to see why you would be SOOOO jealous. Playmates , Deal or No Deal girls have all been there. ANOTHER thing you left out is the HUGE wall of photos from the tons of signings they do. But you wouldn't know because you OBVIOUSLY didn't buy anything. All of us in the collecting world have been to stores that still have all of their good cards. Because their prices are too high. This guys sells his stuff at great prices. Those empty shelves you talk about. !!!!! EVERY TEAM ... even the Detroit Lions has their own shelf. Every team. So no one feels left out no matter how bad your team is. Without doubt the most organized store ever. Pokemon cards , HOLY CRAP people are buying those things in there all day long. And THEY ALL SAY how much cheaper Omega Sports compared to online. I agree. They sell packs of cards from 1975 to 2010 , where you gonna find that. The stores # is 518 480 3437 ask him for a free ticket for an upcoming signing and see why I feel so lucky that he came from Las Vegas to NOW do his signings at OUR Aviation Mall. Though ALL the celebs roll in there day in and day out , he isn't flashy he has fun with the people and on the day Drew Brees was here , Drew was 45 minutes late so he gave everyone in line a FREE autographed Jim Kelly & HHH 8 x 10 photo. FREE . We couldn't believe it. He didn't have to do it. I know Bryce Harper and all of the new draft pics are coming in too. No store in the world could have all of these stars AND be free. Not Upper Deck or Steiner. They all charge HUGE money. Photo ops are free and you don't get rushed along at all. The absolute best place to go for signings. Call them you will see. We are going to a signing this Friday call the store so you can come ALL year. Because when you are at the signings he hands you a NEW ticket for an upcoming signing on the spot. So that you know when your next signing is. ALL YEAR LONG , FREE SIGNINGS !!!!! COME AND YOU WILL SEE. TRULY AMAZING. DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA. HE PROMISES OVER 25 PLAYERS AT OUR NEXT SIGNING !!!!!!

THIS IS AWESOME

I WANT TO GO TO THERE

BEST AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS EVER

DREW BREES WILL WASH YOUR CAR

KING KONG BUNDY WILL WRESTLE YOUR KIDS

ALL FOR FREE!

CALL THEM NOW AT 518 480 3437

400 PEOPLE LINED UP EVERY NIGHT AT THE ALBANY MALL OH YEAHHHHH

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
yankeefan1971 said:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ! ! ! ! That store is the best in the world. You have NO CLUE what your talking about. The reason the back of the store is kept clear is because they have autograph signings EVERYDAY !!!! YES EVERYDAY. And they are FREE. While you are hoping to pull autographs from packs Omega Sports has the players IN PERSON , FOR FREE. YOU FORGOT OR ARE JUST BLIND. The entire store is full of huge banners from autograph signings. There is a reason HUNDREDS of people line up out the door everynight. Just google Omega Sports autograph signings and you will see. This store has opened about a year ago. And for FREE , me and my family have already met RYAN MILLER , MIKE BOSSY (HOF) , MARCEL DIONNE (HOF) , GILBERT PERREAULT (HOF) , DANIEL BRIERE , PAUL O'NEILL , BERNIE WILLIAMS , RON GUIDRY , THE UNDERTAKER , JOHN CENA , DAVE PROWSE AKA DARTH VADER , MIKE RICHTER , MATT MORGAN , HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN , TRISH STRATUS , TROY AIKMAN , AND OTHER STAR WARS ACTORS. We also met some less famous people there Hall of Famer Charlie Taylor , Roy White , Tommy John , Mick Foley , King Kong Bundy , Jerry The King Lawler. Other customers have tickets for different days so I can only imagine who I have missed. The entire area of Lake George , Albany and as far as NY City all the way to Boston and Montreal make the trek nightly to meet the celebs there. Oh by the way you mentioned the Darth Vader cutout , yeah HELLO its signed. Who exactly have you had for signings. NOBODY !!!! I have a ticket for this Friday June 25 and Im sure he would give you all a free ticket too. Where else in the world can you get this. Almost forgot DREW BREES . was here the day after the draft. This guy is obviously rich , and rubbed you the wrong way. But it is easy to see why you would be SOOOO jealous. Playmates , Deal or No Deal girls have all been there. ANOTHER thing you left out is the HUGE wall of photos from the tons of signings they do. But you wouldn't know because you OBVIOUSLY didn't buy anything. All of us in the collecting world have been to stores that still have all of their good cards. Because their prices are too high. This guys sells his stuff at great prices. Those empty shelves you talk about. !!!!! EVERY TEAM ... even the Detroit Lions has their own shelf. Every team. So no one feels left out no matter how bad your team is. Without doubt the most organized store ever. Pokemon cards , HOLY CRAP people are buying those things in there all day long. And THEY ALL SAY how much cheaper Omega Sports compared to online. I agree. They sell packs of cards from 1975 to 2010 , where you gonna find that. The stores # is 518 480 3437 ask him for a free ticket for an upcoming signing and see why I feel so lucky that he came from Las Vegas to NOW do his signings at OUR Aviation Mall. Though ALL the celebs roll in there day in and day out , he isn't flashy he has fun with the people and on the day Drew Brees was here , Drew was 45 minutes late so he gave everyone in line a FREE autographed Jim Kelly & HHH 8 x 10 photo. FREE . We couldn't believe it. He didn't have to do it. I know Bryce Harper and all of the new draft pics are coming in too. No store in the world could have all of these stars AND be free. Not Upper Deck or Steiner. They all charge HUGE money. Photo ops are free and you don't get rushed along at all. The absolute best place to go for signings. Call them you will see. We are going to a signing this Friday call the store so you can come ALL year. Because when you are at the signings he hands you a NEW ticket for an upcoming signing on the spot. So that you know when your next signing is. ALL YEAR LONG , FREE SIGNINGS !!!!! COME AND YOU WILL SEE. TRULY AMAZING. DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA. HE PROMISES OVER 25 PLAYERS AT OUR NEXT SIGNING !!!!!!

I've never even heard of lake george nevermind been there, but I am making the trek from boston and lining up nightly for these sweet in person autos!

Members online